Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
It does really make sense when you think about it - ie if we have a paid LL for FoP but no park reservation fornthat park, its logical they give access to that park to use it.

But yeah, I know Disney don't always use logic so hey, I will find out tomorrow when I test this further.
If this were happening, an unintended consequence would be guests bypassing the need to pay for park hoppers by purchasing an ILL instead.

For our next trip we are considering 5 Day Hoppers, paying around $80 each to hop (and our plan will likely only use them twice). If buying an ILL gave us access to a park other than our reserved park, we could just buy regular tickets and then pay $7-$15 for an ILL in another park to get access there. Would not only be cheaper but would also guarantee us one high demand ride and with little wait.

Doesn’t the ILL explain you need valid park reservations and valid park admission before purchasing?

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Yeah you just need a park reservation of some kind to be able to hop there. For a family Epcot day put one person on vq duty and one on ILL
Do you think we will be able to do both - if I score a VQ and my wife gets ILL, you would be able to ride twice in the same day, right?

Disney4Lyfe

If this were happening, an unintended consequence would be guests bypassing the need to pay for park hoppers by purchasing an ILL instead.

For our next trip we are considering 5 Day Hoppers, paying around $80 each to hop (and our plan will likely only use them twice). If buying an ILL gave us access to a park other than our reserved park, we could just buy regular tickets and then pay $7-$15 for an ILL in another park to get access there. Would not only be cheaper but would also guarantee us one high demand ride and with little wait.

Doesn’t the ILL explain you need valid park reservations and valid park admission before purchasing?
I’d recommend against park hoppers with the current system. They have extremely low utility.

flynnibus

Premium Member
RNR they were running empty cars every other ride!!!! Meaning the wait times were falsely inflating.....I overheard someone saying they do this early on so the time inflates and it means more people buy Genie+.....we then went to ToT...we also noticed they were not using all the lifts...thereby inflating the wait times so,you got it, more people buy Genie+
Or they were still cycling trains to get the right number of trains on the track. When they are adding trains, getting the dispatches right is critical, so it's not unheard of to do this artificially without riders.

Jeff4272

It does really make sense when you think about it - ie if we have a paid LL for FoP but no park reservation fornthat park, its logical they give access to that park to use it.

But yeah, I know Disney don't always use logic so hey, I will find out tomorrow when I test this further.
This conversation needs to end....its ridiculous

Whos on first?

Thepuma

This is getting bad. So to ride Guardians, one must buy a park ticket, get a park reservation for Epcot, be lucky enough to book a boarding group at 7 am or pay for a LL if that's even still available by the time you went through all this.

Do the parks now really feel that less crowded? I mean, thats's what they keep saying is the effect of all of this right? A less busy feeling park? Because the wait times surely don't seem to show that.
I've been coming to Orlando for 3 times a year for 4 years...and I'd say this has been the 2nd busiest week we have ever experienced park wise...both Disney and Universal have been long long wait times.

What I don't understand is the park is FULL of children...now I may be wrong, but I thought the kids had gone back to school? I can't understand why there are hundreds of thousands of kids in all the parks?

Thepuma

In my scenario I had a hopper pass.

My question really is...if you have a hopper pass and booked a LL for a different park to what you ha e a reservation for, does it change your reservation to the LL park..or even better get you access to both parks before 2pm?

In your scenario..yes of course Disney won't grant you park hopper benefits if you don't have it...but then, surely on MDE you wouldn't be able to buy a LL for a park you don't have a reservation for? Has anyone actually tried to do that and bought a LL for a park you don't have a reservation for without a hopper pass.

Purduevian

My question really is...if you have a hopper pass and booked a LL for a different park to what you ha e a reservation for, does it change your reservation to the LL park..or even better get you access to both parks before 2pm?
No and No. The system should lock you out of getting a G+ or ILL before 2pm at a park you don't have reserved.

It is possible a glitch happened with you and your reservation got switched or somehow you got 2 reservations... but this is not what is supposed to happen.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
No and No. The system should lock you out of getting a G+ or ILL before 2pm at a park you don't have reserved.

It is possible a glitch happened with you and your reservation got switched or somehow you got 2 reservations... but this is not what is supposed to happen.
Yeah I continue to see many people with hopper/AP booking ILL or G+ at their intended ‘hopping’ park as a strategy to get a 2pm or later window when advantageous to their schedule.

Thepuma

Yeah I continue to see many people with hopper/AP booking ILL or G+ at their intended ‘hopping’ park as a strategy to get a 2pm or later window when advantageous to their schedule.

If you are park hopping it's the only way to get the best value from G+.

On Monday I booked Haunted Mansion G+ while in Hollywood Studios...then booked Everest G+ while in Magic Kingdom....I also booked an 8pm FoP ILL at 8am so I knew I had Avatar sorted for the end of the day and 7D ILL for the afternoon when we anticipated we would be in MK.

The park hopper pass, for us, is invaluable for getting a full day and most rides.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
If you are park hopping it's the only way to get the best value from G+.

On Monday I booked Haunted Mansion G+ while in Hollywood Studios...then booked Everest G+ while in Magic Kingdom....I also booked an 8pm FoP ILL at 8am so I knew I had Avatar sorted for the end of the day and 7D ILL for the afternoon when we anticipated we would be in MK.

The park hopper pass, for us, is invaluable for getting a full day and most rides.
Cool. We’re thinking of trying similar. It’ll be our first visit since Genie and EMHs started.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Goes to Disney world. Complains there are too many children
Drawing Motivation GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom