Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

YodaMan

Avoided all spoilers about the ride beforehand and got to see the Preshow today. My first thought while watching it was “that doesn’t sound quite like Bradley Cooper, I wonder if they got a double?” so from now seeing the speculation in this thread I assume that is the case. Groot didn’t have enough lines for me to even have time to think about whether or not he was voiced by Vin Diesel. Will also second all the comments about extreme nausea.

mergatroid

Avoided all spoilers about the ride beforehand and got to see the Preshow today. My first thought while watching it was “that doesn’t sound quite like Bradley Cooper, I wonder if they got a double?” so from now seeing the speculation in this thread I assume that is the case. Groot didn’t have enough lines for me to even have time to think about whether or not he was voiced by Vin Diesel. Will also second all the comments about extreme nausea.
It's been said on here by a few people that Cooper and Diesel didn't do the voices, they're probably correct.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's been said on here by a few people that Cooper and Diesel didn't do the voices, they're probably correct.
Take your pick...There's always a way to be replaced....

Giss Neric

Groot didn't have enough lines? 🤔 🤷

EPCOT-O.G.

The sign should also just read “Be aware that this is a thrilling, high-speed, turbulent roller coaster that goes forward and backwards through the dark. It includes sharp turns, sudden drops, and stops.”

The fake stuff about transporting and orbiting and demonstrations and Terrans and whatnot makes this rude, confusing, or at best, inconvenient, for people with real health conditions. It’s an odd level of commitment to storytelling for the exterior of a ride that has a giant unthemed show building visible.
Maybe English is not Xandar’s native language, and these errors are as a result of mistranslation.

waltography

yes, this is the wow moment. There is another disney ride that pulls off almost the exact same effect, but this is more seamless bigger scale, and more of an impossible disbelief because there is no evidence of how they did it. Very well hidden.
Would it happen to be related to the Enchanted Tales with Belle mirror (which is an ingenious effect sullied by the fact that it's used in a glorified meet and greet)?

yensidtlaw1969

Actually related to another attraction in Epcot…
Can I make a guess?:

figment-epcot.gif

Hawg G

This nausea thing seems to be being glossed over. It doesn’t surprise me, everyone says you can’t see the track, so you don’t see what Direction you’re going. That’s not good at higher speeds, especially if you aren’t faced forward.

mergatroid

This nausea thing seems to be being glossed over. It doesn’t surprise me, everyone says you can’t see the track, so you don’t see what Direction you’re going. That’s not good at higher speeds, especially if you aren’t faced forward.
It's a shame that some won't want or be able to ride this attraction but that's just life. Some get car sick or plane sick, some don't like speed and some don't like heights. There's a number of rides at Disney and elsewhere that many won't ride already, hence the warning signs. My wife doesn't ride several attractions for this very reason and won't be riding this. Once the public are allowed in I'm sure they'll be able to see whether this is a big problem for folks or not.

solidyne

It's a shame that some won't want or be able to ride this attraction but that's just life. Some get car sick or plane sick, some don't like speed and some don't like heights. There's a number of rides at Disney and elsewhere that many won't ride already, hence the warning signs. My wife doesn't ride several attractions for this very reason and won't be riding this. Once the public are allowed in I'm sure they'll be able to see whether this is a big problem for folks or not.
I agree. Guardians is looking like a no-go for me, but that's OK. Why should the others forego their fun just because of my apparently faulty inner ears and stomach? And back.... and neck...

ETA: It would be nice, though, to have some kind of direct comparison, like "I am (was) fine on Primeval Whirl, I barfed on Space Mountain, but I was OK on Guardians." With enough reports like that (and a good Excel spreadsheet) everyone should be able to determine if they can do it!

mergatroid

I agree. Guardians is looking like a no-go for me, but that's OK. Why should the others forego their fun just because of my apparently faulty inner ears and stomach? And back.... and neck...

ETA: It would be nice, though, to have some kind of direct comparison, like "I am (was) fine on Primeval Whirl, I barfed on Space Mountain, but I was OK on Guardians." With enough reports like that (and a good Excel spreadsheet) everyone should be able to determine if they can do it!
I think within a month we'll have a better picture on what level it is. It's difficult though as one persons tolerance can differ greatly from another's. When I think 'family coaster' I think no huge drops and not crazy fast, others think it means every family member can ride (therefore nobody gets sick). If moving sideways or backwards in the dark makes you sick though, perhaps calling it a 'family coaster' could be misleading? Also if you've never ridden backwards in the dark before then you might not know whether or not this would affect you?

Certainly I don't think they've made it really fast or to have really big drops, they've done this to allow more people to ride it and not scare them off. However adding turning and not seeing the track means some may struggle, sad for those who can't cope with that but fun for those who can.

Incomudro

There's always someone who is going to get queasy from something.
I could never go the Teacups, but I can do (just recently did) the orange mission on Mission Space.
Go figure.
My personal belief is that this nausea issue with GotG isn't going to be an issue at all.
At least one not out of line with any other Disney ride, be it Flights of Passage, Soarin,' Dinosaur...

mergatroid

There's always someone who is going to get queasy from something.
I could never go the Teacups, but I can do (just recently did) the orange mission on Mission Space.
Go figure.
My personal belief is that this nausea issue with GotG isn't going to be an issue at all.
At least one not out of line with any other Disney ride, be it Flights of Passage, Soarin,' Dinosaur...
I completely agree and the person who says the issue's been 'glossed over' has been extremely critical of this ride. That doesn't mean they don't have a point that some may not be ok riding, however I do wonder whether it's a real concern under these circumstances or may be another way of criticising it?

I will happily concede that being GOTG a lot of young kids will want to ride it and with it being indoors means you don't see it before you ride. This may encourage more youngsters to ride but it's also when parental judgement kicks in. That's beyond Disney's control though and as you say is a 'problem' that already exists elsewhere within Disney and doesn't appear to be a huge issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom