News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

mikejs78

Premium Member
Like i said messy… tho I don’t think flat out impossible. I don’t rate my law comprehension that high that make that assertion :)

As fof the obligations- rollover isn’t that big of a deal IMO. This is already handled in other dissolution of cities,etc. this is not new ground.

Plus look at reedy creek itself… it’s creation included simple broad statements about assuming everything from the preceding drainage district. But still… city dismantling… including bonds… has been done.

But in those cases there wasn't a specific provision about not removing powers from the district. This is a very different situation than your typical bond because of the language that is in the bond contract. It's almost like this whole thing was set up to prevent something like this from happening to begin with.

. They will create a new district with a new name and take away some meaningless powers then try to spin their way to victory in the public eye.
I'm sure Disney is going to want it to be called Reedy Creek. But maybe it's Reedy Creek something instead of improvement district.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But in those cases there wasn't a specific provision about not removing powers from the district. This is a very different situation than your typical bond because of the language that is in the bond contract. It's almost like this whole thing was set up to prevent something like this from happening to begin with.

I'm sure Disney is going to want it to be called Reedy Creek. But maybe it's Reedy Creek something instead of improvement district.
Why even change the name? I‘m sure there’s an administrative cost of changing out all the signage, letterhead and other items with the name on it. As long as they can claim it’s “different” who cares if the name changes.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Honestly I wish Iger were still CEO here. He would navigate this with finesse, despite all the criticism that anyone else has of him for other reasons.

Even with the strong case and many legal options that Disney has, I'm not confident that Chapek won't somehow mess this up

flynnibus

Premium Member
Something new to distract and take the media spotlight so the focus shifts. Something that will generate significant support from his supporters so they will overlook other blunders and back steps.
First rule of politics is if the heat is coming.. just point at someone else. Rule #2 Focus on what you could do.. vs what you have done.

This is how they navigate blunders and keep the mob focused on what they are selling instead of what they have done. This situation will be no different. Just keep the ball moving.

I'm more interested to see what his timeline is... do they insert something in the 2022D session yet? Will is be another unilateral play?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly I wish Iger were still CEO here. He would navigate this with finesse, despite all the criticism that anyone else has of him for other reasons.

Even with the strong case and many legal options that Disney has, I'm not confident that Chapek won't somehow mess this up
…you wanna know what I think???😉

peter11435

First rule of politics is if the heat is coming.. just point at someone else. Rule #2 Focus on what you could do.. vs what you have done.

This is how they navigate blunders and keep the mob focused on what they are selling instead of what they have done. This situation will be no different. Just keep the ball moving.

I'm more interested to see what his timeline is... do they insert something in the 2022D session yet? Will is be another unilateral play?
I think they will insert legislation on constitutional carry and fixing the RC mess during the may special session. To be honest it was always a bit fishy that he called the May special session in the first place.

Disstevefan1

It's fun to speculate.

Chapeck initially tried to mind in own business (TWDC) and stay out of the social justice fight over HB 1557, but was pressured to use TWDC to fight it and that resulted in the targeted removal of RCID by DeSantis.

In my opinion, both sides did wrong here.

Iger would have been against HB 1557 right from the start, there would be no flip flop. We can only speculate what he would have done.

Either leader could have said something like -

"Walt Disney World and Florida are partners and sometimes partners can disagree. Walt and his brother Roy did not agree on things but still worked together to grow TWDC. Although TWDC and Florida disagree on this bill, we will still work as partners to serve the state of Florida and the millions of guests that choose to vacation at WDW."

VelocityRaptor

I think they will insert legislation on constitutional carry and fixing the RC mess during the may special session. To be honest it was always a bit fishy that he called the May special session in the first place.
I would love constitutional carry. But I highly doubt it would happen. I think Desantis talks a big game about it, saying he will sign it if it arrives at his desk. But I don’t think he’ll be making any pushes for it

peter11435

I would love constitutional carry. But I highly doubt it would happen. I think Desantis talks a big game about it, saying he will sign it if it arrives at his desk. But I don’t think he’ll be making any pushes for it
I’m not saying it will happen. I’m saying it will be used as a distraction and a way to score political points. Just as the reedy creek bill was used to distract from the district maps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom