News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

payload

The likelihood of this happening is still low even with the law. RCID residents have to vote to dissolve don't they? Or does this bill somehow get around that legal requirement?

Possibly...theres some verbiage in the bill which is dissolving RCID that has a 'Notwithstanding' clause aimed at the section most people are referencing in 189.072 section 2A.

"Notwithstanding s. 189.072(2), any independent special district established by a special act prior to the date of ratification of the Florida Constitution on November 5, 1968, and which was not reestablished, re-ratified, or otherwise reconstituted by a special act or general law after November 5, 1968, is dissolved effective June 1, 2023."
Source for above

EeyoreFan#24

From the CNBC article posted above, it says this, "Florida law dictates that special districts created by the legislature can only be dissolved with a majority vote of the district’s landowners. For Reedy Creek, that’s the Walt Disney Company."

So even though it looks like it has passed and will be signed, it's probably not going anywhere? So I think the RCID might be safe because aren't the only people that live in the district Disney employees?

That’s the part that confuses me. I’d be really interested to hear what some people with legal expertise in this area have to say about that.

More so, depending on what is legally doable based on said experts opinions, I’d be really interested in what the other 1800 or so special districts have to say. I’d bet they are staying quiet because of the underlying topic they are fighting over right now, but if it stands, the other districts futures could be one disagreement away without the protection from the state they though they had.

lazyboy97o

That’s the part that confuses me. I’d be really interested to hear what some people with legal expertise in this area have to say about that.

More so, depending on what is legally doable based on said experts opinions, I’d be really interested in what the other 1800 or so special districts have to say. I’d bet they are staying quiet because of the underlying topic they are fighting over right now, but if it stands, the other districts futures could be one disagreement away without the protection from the state they though they had.
Most of the other districts do not purely pre-date 1968, so they’re not effected. They picked a pretense that would largely protect the other districts.

Tom P.

Sad to see that The Site That Shall Not Be Named now has higher standards in their reporting of Disney news than @wdwmagic does.

WDWMagic story:

1650571780881.png

The other site's story:

1650571847661.png

Only one site manages to actually give the correct name for the bill and at least acknowledge that it's not actually called the "Don't Say Gay" bill.

AdventureHasAName

flynnibus

Premium Member
They wouldn’t for the same reasons they didn’t do it to Universal.

Universal's land was not unzoned, nor did Universal dump a billion dollar debt or 40+ sq miles of new liability on the county. Nothing like the situation being discussed.

And where Universial did do development, they didn't do without proffers to the county. So not seeing how that is relevant to the situation cited

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sad to see that The Site That Shall Not Be Named now has higher standards in their reporting of Disney news than @wdwmagic does.

WDWMagic story:

View attachment 634637

The other site's story:

View attachment 634638

Only one site manages to actually give the correct name for the bill and at least acknowledge that it's not actually called the "Don't Say Gay" bill.
If you don't like my site and reporting, feel free to leave anytime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom