News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

sedati

It's not a matter of recognizing a box truck. People might look at any box truck on the highway and automatically assume that it's the famed luxury transport. But most importantly, if the trucks are themed on the outside, it can work as a powerful advertising influence for the Starcruiser. People would think, look at how cool that thing is! I want to ride in it!!!
Oh, but what of the famed "Lever" conundrum. If someone sees a thing (hyperspace lever) but they can't do it themselves, they go insane with envy and rage. So they see this "luxury transport" and the kids want to do it. But you can't- not today, not anytime soon. You have to book a future visit at great expense. No instant gratification, vacation ruined. Tears and insanity all around.

Last edited:

vikescaper

Has anybody asked what happens if the “shuttle” breaks down in transit to Batuu or the Starcruiser? Does another “shuttle” come and people are transferred from one to another?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has anybody asked what happens if the “shuttle” breaks down in transit to Batuu or the Starcruiser? Does another “shuttle” come and people are transferred from one to another?
OMG!! That would be the worst thing ever!!! And what would happen if ever a ride broke down while people were on it!!! THE MAGIC WOULD BE GONE!!1!!

vikescaper

OMG!! That would be the worst thing ever!!! And what would happen if ever a ride broke down while people were on it!!! THE MAGIC WOULD BE GONE!!1!!
I think it is a valid question. If they do have to transfer from one shuttle to another, will they have a way to transfer directly from one shuttle to another?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
These are clearly fun and hard working CM's wearing a pre-opening uniform, but for the love of God don't showcase them like this publicly on the 'Gram. These CM's are not yet ready for Prime Time, nor is this photo suitable for mass public distribution just a few weeks before opening a premium-priced and highly-themed offering.
This is no different than any of the other behind-the-scenes shots of what's being worked on. It's very obviously not meant to be advertisement for the attraction, but, a fun reveal for fans who don't mind spoilers.

Nobody confuses construction for the finished product (except for a handful of people on these forums).

Is the reveal of putting-together of the Nova ship destroying the magic in that we now know it's not an actual spaceship? Speaking of which, have you met Kevin?...

MurphyJoe

I think it is a valid question. If they do have to transfer from one shuttle to another, will they have a way to transfer directly from one shuttle to another?

Maybe they just push or tow the broken-down shuttle to its destination? My gut feeling is if it does break down, it's going to be mobile stairs to disembark and a van to transport guests to their next location.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Just like every attraction breakdown, they'll be safely removed from the vehicle even if it means seeing back-of-house. Very standard procedure.

flynnibus

Premium Member

When rides break down and need evac... does the story continue or does everything go back to real world, with no fake stories, sets, etc?

I think you know the answer to this...

UNCgolf

Considering it's like a 3 minute ride, I don't think there's much concern of it breaking down while people are on it. Plus, they will only be used every other day so there's plenty of time for preventative maintenance.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Enhance!

Certainly seems like valet parking above (over 80 spaces and numbered), and definitely cast parking below:
1643570007363.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom