News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

gorillaball

Except it is finished. It matches the concept art and film, there’s no pieces left to add, the reality is that they put an ugly support in front of the bottom fin/wing instead of inside of it.
You know this for a fact? Did you get the contractors sign off paperwork?

ImperfectPixie

Except it is finished. It matches the concept art and film, there’s no pieces left to add, the reality is that they put an ugly support in front of the bottom fin/wing instead of inside of it.
If you look at the ship itself, though, it would likely need some kind of "perch" to land on...or, where this is "an Epcot pavilion about Xandar", having a ship "midflight" and perched on a stand does seem very museum-displayesque?

lazyboy97o

If you look at the ship itself, though, it would likely need some kind of "perch" to land on...or, where this is "an Epcot pavilion about Xandar", having a ship "midflight" and perched on a stand does seem very museum-displayesque?
But couldn’t it be a bit more elegant than a box truss? Kittinger Park in Orlando has an F-4 on display with a much nicer column.

No Name

At the very least they could’ve covered the support with a solid dark color material to make it look like a nicer stand. For what’s portrayed as a very elegant society in the films, the current stand/thing looks very raw and industrial, and this might not be fair to say yet but right now it really catches my eye. Honestly I feel like most museums I’ve been to have better execution when displaying something. I like the ship itself though!

milordsloth

I don't think it looks complete yet. Isn't it still missing this piece on the bottom?

Screenshot_20220127-193254_Chrome.jpg

ImperfectPixie

At the very least they could’ve covered the support with a solid dark color material to make it look like a nicer stand. For what’s portrayed as a very elegant society in the films, the current stand/thing looks very raw and industrial, and this might not be fair to say yet but right now it really catches my eye. Honestly I feel like most museums I’ve been to have better execution when displaying something. I like the ship itself though!
Oh, I agree completely. See my comment after the one you quoted, lol.

James Alucobond

Yeah, I pointed out the additional fin a few days ago when they first started, but it's no longer part of the newer concept art of the ship Zach Riddley posted just after that.

milordsloth

Is there any concept art or anything that shows an ugly steel support like that? It just doesn't make any sense to me that would stay exposed. It must still be unfinished.

lazyboy97o

Is there any concept art or anything that shows an ugly steel support like that? It just doesn't make any sense to me that would stay exposed. It must still be unfinished.
If it is unfinished it would mean the cockpit has been heavily modified from the art and movies. There are also no attachment points. The cockpit is smaller than the top plate and clearly sitting on top of it.

raymusiccity

Agreed that the support could have been much less obtrusive. We have an entire Blue Angel Memorial in Smyrna, TN that is much more elegant in the manner that the aircraft is supported.

Attachments

• EbYgxCFXYAAmMUJ.jpg
    EbYgxCFXYAAmMUJ.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 79

milordsloth

They should at least put some cladding on that support to make it look like something more. Some stainless steel or finished aluminum covering it would be much better than exposed truss. I still think it's unfinished and will wait to see I guess

Vegas Disney Fan

I don't think it looks complete yet. Isn't it still missing this piece on the bottom?

View attachment 616999
Looks like the rounded bottom of the cockpit is still missing plus the top of the bottom wing/landing gear may cover a few feet of the stand. If they can cover the top 5 or 6 feet of the stand and then the rest of the tapered thing is in front of it it’ll conceal a lot of it.

It will still be visible but nowhere near how it looks now. It“ll be interesting to see how it changes over the next few days.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom