News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
This discussion finally confirms for me that it was indeed a sinkhole that forced Horizons to close. Otherwise, they would have used its façade for Mission: Space, which would have saved $50 million and allowed Excavator instead of Dino-Rama.
The only sinkhole associated with Mission:Space is the massive hit on their balance sheet.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
But I'm sure TheZach will comment on how the unique and ingenious WDI team came together to create this iconic piece that harkens back to Walt's Stan Lee's original vision for EPCOT Center, leveraging Disney Marvel storytelling.

For the benefit of the sarcasm-challenged...

rioriz

FB_IMG_1643225531216.jpg
FB_IMG_1643225560435.jpg

rioriz

Everyone and their momma is here today to blog about this installment! Got to meet several of our own in person. I have monorail video but won't post here. If you dm I can send to ya via Insta or wait til WDWMAGIC post better images later lol

Incomudro

Can’t they ever improve anything? Or do they only know how to copy and paste stuff from movies?
You're a huge fan of Splash Mountain.
Should the critters there be different colors, or should they make up different critters?
This is a craft from the film, and it's one of a size that can be created full scale and put in front of the queue building.
This is what it looks like, these are it's colors.

OG Runner

Should the critters there be different colors, or should they make up different critters?
This is a craft from the film, and it's one of a size that can be created full scale and put in front of the queue building.
Wrong example. Aren't they planning to change Splash Mountain from Song of the South themed
to Princess and Frog themed?

Casper Gutman

and then people will complain that it does not match.
At this point, between Ronan and Thanos, almost every one of those ships is totally destroyed. So repainting it wouldn’t break the canon much more then having it there (or having a Xandalorian pavilion at all) in the first place. Why not have the more relevant and recognizable Benatar parked (badly) in front of the attraction instead?

And I’ve been ignoring the mount discussion, but looking at the pictures… man, that steel beam looks just awful.

lazyboy97o

Splash Mountain did introduce new critters not from the film and colors were changed for the Magic Kingdom version to better fit with its surroundings.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
At this point, between Ronan and Thanos, almost every one of those ships is totally destroyed. So repainting it wouldn’t break the canon much more then having it there (or having a Xandalorian pavilion at all) in the first place.

And I’ve been ignoring the mount discussion, but looking at the pictures… man, that steel beam looks just awful.
The Nova Corps are an intergalactic police force and Xandar is an entire planet and the capital of the Nova Empire. The ships used in the battle of Xandar were not every last ship in existence.

Xandar was destroyed by Thanos when he stole the power stone from them, but it was restored when the Avengers undid the blip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom