Orlando should go after the Ray's

seascape

Original Poster
Orlando is a fast growing city and the Ray's need a new stadium. So Orlando should build them the stadium and get the Ray's to move up I4 to Orlando.

artvandelay

Orlando is a fast growing city and the Ray's need a new stadium. So Orlando should build them the stadium and get the Ray's to move up I4 to Orlando.
I think the MLB owners want to keep the Rays in Tampa until they get expansion fees from two new cities. Orlando could be one of them (Montreal/Quebec, Santa Fe, Portland, Charlotte, and New Orleans are the other cities rumored).

seascape

Original Poster
I think the MLB owners want to keep the Rays in Tampa until they get expansion fees from two new cities. Orlando could be one of them (Montreal/Quebec, Santa Fe, Portland, Charlotte, and New Orleans are the other cities rumored).
If Orlando wants a MLB team the Rays are the only one they can get. There is no way a team in Tampa and Orlando can coexist, they share too much of the same market.

seascape

Original Poster
FL is a failing market for MLB. Ever see a full house or even half full stadium for a Marlins or Rays game?
That is why having a team with half its radius being in the ocean or Gulf is just stupid. A team in Orlando could actually draw from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean, it has a huge population within 90 minutes. Orlando could support a MLB team, a NFL team and the Magic.

Lilofan

That is why having a team with half its radius being in the ocean or Gulf is just stupid. A team in Orlando could actually draw from the Gulf of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean, it has a huge population within 90 minutes. Orlando could support a MLB team, a NFL team and the Magic.
If that was the case, football and baseball would come to Orlando. I think who ever comes first to shut doen / move away Jacksonville or Tampa , baseball or football , Orlando would jump on the chance on a franchise. Miami with its baseball , football, basketball, hockey games at times with the seating areas near empty or half full will survive.

artvandelay

If Orlando wants a MLB team the Rays are the only one they can get. There is no way a team in Tampa and Orlando can coexist, they share too much of the same market.
Once expansion cities are chosen, Tampa will be allowed to move. But, I agree with @Lilofan. Florida is not a good market for baseball. I don‘t understand why, it just is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom