Kungaloosh!!!

FigmentFan82

A void is simply an empty space. It could be anywhere. Now if there were an empty space somewhere that was once called VOID, that would be something. Wait.. Where was I going with this?
I think we posted at the same time, yes my guess was that the VOID space is being re-used with an eye toward the AC IP being featured. As to what the experience could be...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
my guess is AC themed escape room where the VOID used to be
I could see that…limited investment/cost

does two things:
1. Something cheap to ballyhoo
2. A bone to old fans who are rather cranky about the state of affairs and starting to get vocal.

I think I saw a semi-reputable sourced article the other day that said survey feedback for Disney parks were highlighting “too expsensive”

that’s more shocking to hit print than people think

UNCgolf

Doing AC virtual reality (although I think that's very unlikely and it just happens to be in the same location) or as an escape room seems like a total miscalculation from a business standpoint.

Make it a bar/club where you can sell overpriced drinks and Disney would be rolling in even more cash.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Doing AC virtual reality or as an escape room seems like a total miscalculation from a business standpoint.

Make it a bar/club where you can sell overpriced drinks and Disney would be rolling in even more cash.
It was a budget albatross the first time

it was designed as “intimate”…which is a financial no-no

doctornick

This is why I didn’t let myself get excited. A virtual AC? I’ll pass. I have YouTube.

I wouldn't necessarily think it would be VR even if it is in the Void space. It seems entirely likely that it could be a physical escape room or something similar, just themed to the Adventurers Club or S.E.A.. I think it could be interesting, but probably not really capturing what people enjoyed about the actual club.

On the flip side, I would think using the Void space would tend to rule out any sort of food/beverage service. Which I agree would be a bigger moneymaker. But I can also understand if Disney wants to avoid any situation where people are doing the experience for free/small cost by just hanging out and not buying anything. A paid escape room experience seems right up their alley.

dreday3

If it has to do with S.E.A and it's still in the planning stages, it probably is virtual reality experience, but based on the new book series that is coming out, first one is released in April.

That way it appeals to both kids and adults.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1. Again, the guy who told us about the escape room also told us it's been abandoned. If a new AC was an escape room, he prolly would have said so.

2. The space in the VOID is most likely a void, with all the VR equipment sold in bankruptcy procedures. If the new AC was a VR event, he wouldn't be teasing the VOID is a void.

3. So... stop convincing yourselves that it's an AC SEA VR Escape room based on no clear evidence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom