Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe i'm confused here ... but where's the construction?
This is just from a few posts up. Concrete forms is the beginning of construction. And I thought I schooled you on how wrong you are about construction not happening. Orlando is paying part of the bill for the new roads. They wouldn't be doing that if construction was on indefinite delay.

So, look upon what you missed, most likely intentionally in order to make your usual troll posts....

1642046924077.png

JT3000

You're right. You're confused.
That's a very generous way of putting it. But throwing this thread off-track is exactly what the troll wants, so I'll pose a question that's on-topic: If the Potter VR ride is going into USF, what will replace it in UEU? They have to use that space for something.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
That's a very generous way of putting it. But throwing this thread off-track is exactly what the troll wants, so I'll pose a question that's on-topic: If the Potter VR ride is going into USF, what will replace it in UEU? They have to use that space for something.
If the Potter movie-verse continues to peter out, that space can be connected to the empty expansion pad next door to give that expansion space even more acreage.

Andrew25

Expansion. I'm sure they're hoping the eventual Potter tv show (whenever it happens) is a success and it'll continue to keep Potter relevant for future generations.

OG Runner

Why would our Mario area be larger than Japan's if they have the same attractions? Am I missing something? Because I think we've all been under the impression they'd share roughly the same layout, similar to Hogsmeade. Now I'm curious about the Donkey Kong areas.

It can all change when the actual construction takes place. The Pirates ride in Disneyland is actually larger than the one at Disney
World. Same attraction, different sizes. Funny thing is Florida had more room to use.

lazyboy97o

It can all change when the actual construction takes place. The Pirates ride in Disneyland is actually larger than the one at Disney
World. Same attraction, different sizes. Funny thing is Florida had more room to use.
What? Sizes don’t just change during construction. Pirates of the Caribbean at Magic Kingdom was designed as a smaller rider because it didn’t have the weird site constraints of Disneyland, it needed to be done quickly and there was that little bit of hope that Thunder Mesa would still be built. It didn’t just somehow end up a different size during construction.

OG Runner

What? Sizes don’t just change during construction. Pirates of the Caribbean at Magic Kingdom was designed as a smaller rider because it didn’t have the weird site constraints of Disneyland, it needed to be done quickly and there was that little bit of hope that Thunder Mesa would still be built. It didn’t just somehow end up a different size during construction.

I was just trying to point out the same ride in different parks could be different sizes. Another commenter seemed surprised that
the ride in Florida may be a different size than the ride in Japan. That was my only point.

JT3000

I was just trying to point out the same ride in different parks could be different sizes. Another commenter seemed surprised that
the ride in Florida may be a different size than the ride in Japan. That was my only point.
Except there's an actual logistical reason for Pirates being the size that it is in Disneyland. It needed to go underneath the railroad, as most of the ride is located on the other side. Without this problem requiring a fix in Magic Kingdom, and with them wanting to get the ride up and running as quickly as possible after belatedly figuring out there was demand for it on the east coast, they figured they could get away with simply chopping out the "unnecessary" bits of the ride for our version (because ride quality evidently wasn't of much concern.)

Cloned attractions potentially being different sizes doesn't surprise me (I've been on both domestic Pirates), but I don't see any analogous situation here. Both versions (Japan & Orlando) of the land are being built from scratch with no similar hindrances as far as I'm aware. It's possible they're including something extra in Epic Universe just for the sake of it, and we somehow don't know what it is, but the only Nintendo World that was actually cut down from the original plans (due to lack of space) is Hollywood's.

Last edited:

DonniePeverley

Driving pyles for the Mario Kart show building and pouring foundations for the water feature in How to Train Your Dragon land, is actual in park construction. Not to mention they have the track for the Yoshi ride staged on property already. So...🤷‍♂️.

2 years on and we are still digging in the ground? When do we plan to see some actual vertical construction of the resort (not water tanks, or electricity buildings etc).

Furthermore what is the time frame for this park now?

Looks forwards to the next arial shot of the park where we might have some trees.

Rich Brownn

2 years on and we are still digging in the ground? When do we plan to see some actual vertical construction of the resort (not water tanks, or electricity buildings etc).

Furthermore what is the time frame for this park now?

Looks forwards to the next arial shot of the park where we might have some trees.
This is the Magic Kingdom, November, 1969 - less than 2 years before opening. You'll be surprised how fast stuff goes up when vertical startrs
1642482154093.png

maxairmike

But sometimes it’s so satisfying and fun to call out the stupidity of the troll. At least put some effort into it instead of just trying to tell us we’re not seeing what we’re seeing. I really want to know how long they’ll commit to the bit, too. Like when it opens will they shift to “It’s the next Hard Rock Park, it won’t make it a year” or will they be lame and just disappear?

OG Runner

But sometimes it’s so satisfying and fun to call out the stupidity of the troll. At least put some effort into it instead of just trying to tell us we’re not seeing what we’re seeing. I really want to know how long they’ll commit to the bit, too. Like when it opens will they shift to “It’s the next Hard Rock Park, it won’t make it a year” or will they be lame and just disappear?

Trust me he exceeds at stupidity. A few months ago he was saying he doubted Epic Universe was even going to be built.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I still have my doubts, no matter the permits submitted. Projects can be cancelled, especially in this day and age.
Thank-you for admitting this is your personal problem with feelings of dread for something that you're not personally involved in and nothing to do with the facts of the situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom