Entertainment News

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
RunDisney essentially acts as a client and specifically requests/pays for everything at the event, so the powers that be wanted them to appear on the route still.
Disney still hasn’t officially “closed” the offering, but seems no immediate plans to bring them back still.

fun fact. RunDisney has no say as far as what entertainment is provided for race weekends. They work with entertainment and tell them: we want entertainment on the course every X-number of miles and they provide it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Modern isn’t my issue. They are really plain and somehow manage to complement no one’s physique, which is impressive. These things look good on no one.
Indeed. The men look like they're about to take your Applebee's order, and the women look like they're bridesmaids in a wedding in which the bride is making sure she's the only one that looks good.

Also, with the exception of the one woman with the darker blue (they don't match with one another!!), none of the blues or reds match the hue and saturation of the U.S. flag. 🙄

Last edited:

DznyRktekt

I'd venture to say that no one performing would chose one of those "contemporary" costumes over the original attire. It is like performing a holiday madrigal dinner in a smoking jacket rather than medieval wardrobe. The new look brings a cheese factor to this precise ensemble.

In fact the original costuming made it feel that the vocalists were unique voices from the tapestry of the melting pot of early America. Now they just look like a show choir.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some photos from the Voices of Liberty

Voices-of-Liberty_Full_45940.jpg

James Alucobond

Modern isn’t my issue. They are really plain and somehow manage to complement no one’s physique, which is impressive. These things look good on no one.
Agreed, but it does seem they're being given some degree of choice since the women all have different cuts and styles. If the silhouette is unflattering, I think there might be some shared blame here. 😬 Still, the flat blues and reds alongside the off-the-rack nature of these outfits isn't doing anyone any favors or helping to elevate the group.

castlecake2.0

Heard through the vine that there’s lots of new Voices and they don’t all have proper costumes yet so they’re wearing this for now, not sure how valid that is but there’s hope.

ETA spoke with one of them, Disney is updating their set list and want new costumes that better match it, this is just a filler for now.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom