Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

trr1

tommyhawkins

I'm not the one to say that there's no construction for EU going on, but... the chiller plant's location looks more like it's for the new centralized Back of House buildings than for anything in the theme park. The BoH construction has always been way ahead than the park construction.

As previously mentioned with some of mine and alicia tweets cited, they are actually starting work on key parts of the land such as grading/landscaping for How to Train your dragon. There's other foundations already started. We get past Xmas then were into new financial year so things will continue to ramp up

Disstevefan1

From just one source gossiping with a few anonymous business people who are just making a wild guess out of their backside.

Of course, a whole bunch of Disney vlog sites have picked that up and are repeating it making it seem like there's something there. There isn't.
Fact checked by @MisterPenguin , Iger is not coming back. Thanks @MisterPenguin .

The good news is hopefully neither is the toadstool and therefore EPCOT may be completed before the Epic Universe.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm not the one to say that there's no construction for EU going on, but... the chiller plant's location looks more like it's for the new centralized Back of House buildings than for anything in the theme park. The BoH construction has always been way ahead than the park construction.

As previously mentioned with some of mine and alicia tweets cited, they are actually starting work on key parts of the land such as grading/landscaping for How to Train your dragon. There's other foundations already started. We get past Xmas then were into new financial year so things will continue to ramp up

OG Runner

From just one source gossiping with a few anonymous business people who are just making a wild guess out of their backside.

Of course, a whole bunch of Disney vlog sites have picked that up and are repeating it making it seem like there's something there. There isn't.
Isn't that how most of our discussions start? o_O

jpinkc

If WDW is doing just the "Festival Area," then EPCOT will finish first.

If WDW resurrects the Toadstool 3-Layer Festival Building, then EU will finish first.
I think that is truely dead. I liked it, thought it looked interesting, just wondered how much extra it would have cost to experience it.

DonniePeverley

After so many years we have a chilled water plant. Rejoice !!!!!

There is still no major construction going on here. Another year wasted doing nothing.

See you back late 2022, when we will continue looking over plans, and maybe we will have another water plant.

The reality is Universal are still not committed to this project in my opinion - doing just a little bit to keeps things ticking over, but not fully committing to get this built.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

There is still no major construction going on here. Another year wasted doing nothing.

See you back late 2022, when we will continue looking over plans, and maybe we will have another water plant.

The reality is Universal are still not committed to this project in my opinion - doing just a little bit to keeps things ticking over, but not fully committing to get this built.
That'd be sad and litigious news to Orlando who is footing part of the bill of new roadways (which are in progress) and processing permits.

At this point, you are intentionally ignoring evidence to keep up your trolling. Stop or go away.

Rich Brownn

You MUST be kidding right? I mean, besides the plant they spend a fortune on infrastructure (such as water pipers, etc), have been actively grading so you can actually begin to see the outlines of each area. We're still 3 years from opening. You don't want to know what EPCOT looked a week before opening, never mind years prior.
Universal is obviously building the park. Especially now, with Disney's park reputation stating to take a hit.

OG Runner

You MUST be kidding right? I mean, besides the plant they spend a fortune on infrastructure (such as water pipers, etc), have been actively grading so you can actually begin to see the outlines of each area. We're still 3 years from opening. You don't want to know what EPCOT looked a week before opening, never mind years prior.
Universal is obviously building the park. Especially now, with Disney's park reputation stating to take a hit.
Please sir, do not feed the TROLL!
At the same time, this construction has nothing to do with EPCOT's construction in 1982.
Also for all of your reports of Disney's Parks reputations taking a hit, how is they are still
filling all of the parks to capacity on a daily basis. Don't mistake opinions with facts.

jpinkc

To me Universal has all the upside in this situation. They are building, while TWDC sits and twiddles its thumbs counting cash and trying to downsize everything while up charging as fast as they can. Disney has lost the plot on theme parks unless they are in China.

JT3000

Please sir, do not feed the TROLL!
At the same time, this construction has nothing to do with EPCOT's construction in 1982.
Also for all of your reports of Disney's Parks reputations taking a hit, how is they are still
filling all of the parks to capacity on a daily basis. Don't mistake opinions with facts.
Type "Disney" and "expensive" into Google and count how many recent articles pop up. What is the parks' current capacity anyway?

I still say what merely looks like construction infrastructure is clearly a hyper-realistic Donkey Kong section of the park.
Needs more barrels.

Last edited:

J4546

i just hope watev universal does, they go big with nintendoland because the one being built in CA looks very underwhelming to say the least imo. Also I hope there monsters themed land is epic as well, cause they arent doing anything with those IPs at the moment.

sonoma15

i just hope watev universal does, they go big with nintendoland because the one being built in CA looks very underwhelming to say the least imo. Also I hope there monsters themed land is epic as well, cause they arent doing anything with those IPs at the moment.
Nintendoland will be the same as the one in USJ, except it will open with the Donkey Kong expansion (which USJ is currently building).

jpinkc

Yeah I really hope the Classic Monsters land is good. Nintendoland with that much space should be a Homerun!! The WWofHP expansion is what my kids are most curious about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom