Fire at Magic Kingdom

hosekiller

Look at the road access to get to Main Street.. it loops around the west side of MK and you go past two road access points to adventureland.

The fact this has been so rare is what made it stand out as unusual - not the fire/EMS response in the park, but that they took this route.

Someone talking parade staging makes a lot of sense.. considering tonight is a AH party with parade.
When I pre plan a building, I make use of every route I can….you don’t wanna stack all your apparatus in a line if you can help it. I’d expect them to use several routes with secondary routes as well in the case the parade for example is in the way. I’d love to see their pre plan, the castle can’t be easy to get to access.

hosekiller

Especially for a fire that was put out using fire extinguishers.
A fire isn’t confirmed extinguished until the fire department says it’s extinguished. Also, many fires are put out prior to arrival of the fire department, but there’s still work to do. Overhaul to prevent a “rekindle”, ventilation, monitoring for toxic byproducts of combustion etc.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"A small fire at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Tuesday night prompted guests to evacuate an area of the park next to Cinderella Castle.

An unsigned statement from the company said a small fire broke out in the Magic Kingdom and was quickly extinguished.

Jon Shirey, president of the Reedy Creek Firefighters Association, said the call initially came in to the fire department around 6:45 p.m. as an electrical fire on a junction box outside the castle.

Once firefighters arrived, they saw a tree on fire next to the structure, he said. Cinderella Castle was evacuated and roped off to Disney guests.

Firefighters told him a firework appeared to have caught the tree on fire, he said, but the cause of the blaze is still pending investigation by the Fire Marshal.

Fire personnel treated a security guard who inhaled dry chemicals from a fire extinguisher, Shirey said. No other injuries were reported as of 8 p.m.

A spokesperson for the Reedy Creek Fire Department did not immediately respond to requests for additional information Tuesday."

Lilofan

"A small fire at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Tuesday night prompted guests to evacuate an area of the park next to Cinderella Castle.

An unsigned statement from the company said a small fire broke out in the Magic Kingdom and was quickly extinguished.

Jon Shirey, president of the Reedy Creek Firefighters Association, said the call initially came in to the fire department around 6:45 p.m. as an electrical fire on a junction box outside the castle.

Once firefighters arrived, they saw a tree on fire next to the structure, he said. Cinderella Castle was evacuated and roped off to Disney guests.

Firefighters told him a firework appeared to have caught the tree on fire, he said, but the cause of the blaze is still pending investigation by the Fire Marshal.

Fire personnel treated a security guard who inhaled dry chemicals from a fire extinguisher, Shirey said. No other injuries were reported as of 8 p.m.

A spokesperson for the Reedy Creek Fire Department did not immediately respond to requests for additional information Tuesday."

If the guard was masked up with an N95 mask he would have surely fared better from inhaling the dry chemicals.

Brian

No one is really concerned with emergency vehicles being "on stage," are they? I mean, "safety" is the first key for a reason. If there is an emergency that could threaten people's safety, "show" is irrelevant.
I don't think people are concerned as much as they are intrigued. It's so rare that emergency vehicles need to be brought out on stage. Having Cinderella Castle as the backdrop as they make their way down Main Street makes it all the more "buzz worthy."

JohnD

No one is really concerned with emergency vehicles being "on stage," are they? I mean, "safety" is the first key for a reason. If there is an emergency that could threaten people's safety, "show" is irrelevant.
Exactly. If there is a fire in Space 220, for example, they’re not going to put you on the elevator back to Epcot. They’re going to “break the fourth wall” and send you out the emergency exits immediately. As they should do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom