Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Touchdown

That's everyone's perogative of course. But if we had not bought it we would have had to wait about 4 hours longer on average.

I resented paying for it, but I'd rather do it than shoot myself in the foot for the sake of stubbornness
Using EE I didn’t need it in Oct, longest I waited was an hour for Rise, and only waited longer then 30 min a handful of times.

nickys

Premium Member
The only way you can make LL Genie and LL+ worthwhile is if you stay in the park from opening till close.
You can also make it worthwhile by using it for the park you plan to hop to for the evening.

There is almost never only one way to make something worthwhile. What works for one person might not work for another, and vice versa.

Jrb1979

Using EE I didn’t need it in Oct, longest I waited was an hour for Rise, and only waited longer then 30 min a handful of times.
To each their own but that to me is unacceptable. It's why I always buy skip the line passes at every park I go to except my local park. Any ride that has a longer then 30 minute wait I will skip.

Thepuma

So...if you got a LL for rise you'd be on immediately - cost 60 mins

Your handful of 30 mins waits..lets say 5....5 x 30 = 150 mins

Add the 60 mins

210 minutes you waited EXTRA in queues than if you'd paid.

So 3 and a half hours extra waited that day....I mean, you may not think at the time, but as shown, even on a day you thought wasn't worth it, it's cost you 3 and a half hours...which robbed you of about 7 rides that day.

nickys

Premium Member
I think there needs to be something offered to resort guests

We went at Thanksgiving and not knowing if we could get on the rides was awful

we dont rope drop

we hate being on our phones

why not offer Deluxe Guests an "any ride, any time" pass? That way you know you're getting on what you want in advance without having to wake up early and be on your phone all day.....

They could Tier them:
1) Top Tier includes every ride (all ILL and Genie+), unlimited amounts for $150 pp
2) Second Tier includes every ride (all ILL and Genie+) one time only
3) Third Tier is unlimited rides, no ILL and only Genie+ (can buy ILL like everyone else if you want to get up at 7am)
4) Fourth Tier is one time only Genie+, no ILL

Why would this be so difficult?

This would leave plenty of inventory for day guests or other resort guests
Not sure it would leave plenty of inventory available for anyone else. I think there’s about 10k deluxe rooms on property.

If you let all deluxe guests plus those willing to pay $150 just turn up and ride everything and anything as often as they like, it could make the LL lines very long, and leave stand-by at a stand still.

nickys

Premium Member
And for us, we love being able to get what we pay for, upgrade where we want, and get advantages over lazy people who don't want to put in the effort and would rather sleep in. So you keep sleeping in late, and we will keep riding more rides.
Why the need to call people who prefer not to be up early on vacation lazy? Aren’t vacations about unwinding and having fun, instead of the daily grind of work?

dreday3

So...if you got a LL for rise you'd be on immediately - cost 60 mins

Your handful of 30 mins waits..lets say 5....5 x 30 = 150 mins

Add the 60 mins

210 minutes you waited EXTRA in queues than if you'd paid.

So 3 and a half hours extra waited that day....I mean, you may not think at the time, but as shown, even on a day you thought wasn't worth it, it's cost you 3 and a half hours...which robbed you of about 7 rides that day.

You don't like Genie + and won't purchase it.

You don't like stand-by if 30 minutes.

You might have a problem. :D

Jeff4272

You can also make it worthwhile by using it for the park you plan to hop to for the evening.

There is almost never only one way to make something worthwhile. What works for one person might not work for another, and vice versa.
There was zero availability thanksgiving week after 11am so it didnt work then

Jeff4272

Not sure it would leave plenty of inventory available for anyone else. I think there’s about 10k deluxe rooms on property.

If you let all deluxe guests plus those willing to pay $150 just turn up and ride everything and anything as often as they like, it could make the LL lines very long, and leave stand-by at a stand still.
Not all Deluxe guests.....Just offer the purchase to all deluxe guests....not all would buy....or limit it to 1BR and up, not studios

Jeff4272

That may be true of rides like SDD and MFSR. I have yet to hear about any other G+ ride selling out before 11am.
the ones people want........Figment was available.....TT, Soarin werent....never mind HS.....you be lucky to get TSMM as a second, def not MFSR, ToT, RnR, etc

Jrb1979

That may be true of rides like SDD and MFSR. I have yet to hear about any other G+ ride selling out before 11am.
Most of them don't but from what I keep hearing is nobody wants to "waste using Genie+ on those". The other part is everyone still has it in their heads that you must book the best rides only, just like in FP days.

Purduevian

the ones people want........Figment was available.....TT, Soarin werent....never mind HS.....you be lucky to get TSMM as a second, def not MFSR, ToT, RnR, etc
I didn't check every day during thanksgiving week... but I checked Monday tuesday and Wednesday at DHS. Everything except SDD and MFSR was always available at 11. By 1pm ToT and RnRC were sometimes sold out. 1pm always still had TSMM, alien and ST.

I didn't check the rest of the parks, so maybe TT and soarin sold out, but I would be shocked if SSE, the Land or MS were sold out by 11.

Jeff4272

that is even worse - the root problem is you can’t overcommit the capacity you have. Creating more sales opportunities just creates more pressure to commit more and more.
I agree.......But something will need to change

FP+ fizzled out in 7+ years........I'm willing to bet Genie+ is less than half of that......

This system is EXTREMELY flawed

ETA: People will figure it out soon enough......when its slower, it's 100% not necessary and when it's busy, it's 100% not worth it.....

People that book resort stays several times a year (like me and my family) want to know we are getting on the high profile rides.......I would never pay $1k a night for a deluxe room if there was a chance i couldnt get on FOP or ROTR without waiting over 2 hours (which happened to me this trip), while getting up at 6:50am, while having my face buried in my phone all day.....

Its just not a vacation if I have to do that and I wont pay for that.......If i am paying that much, i want to know im getting on the popular rides with no wait........and my guess is a lot of others wont either

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I agree.......But something will need to change

FP+ fizzled out in 7+ years........I'm willing to bet Genie+ is less than half of that......

This system is EXTREMELY flawed
Its cause neither system fixes anything due Disney's obsession in trying to control crowds. Skip the line systems only work when they are limited

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom