Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Ariel

Since I mentioned it here, as an update - my cousin in his 20s who caught Covid last week, to my latest understanding, is receiving 100% O2 in the ICU and was being put on a Bi-pap machine.

His family had offered to pay him to get vaccinated, he refused. The rest of their immediate family is fully vaccinated. I pray I will hear better news in the coming days.

Patcheslee

Yes, but they still come out of the same vials, and it still takes the same amount of time to vaccinate them.
Eh, people receiving the same brand booster don't have to hang around the 15 minutes afterwards. There is limited waiting areas where available. i.e. go stand in this corner for 15 minutes. The local hospital is vaccinating 5-11yos only.

Lilofan

Eh, people receiving the same brand booster don't have to hang around the 15 minutes afterwards. There is limited waiting areas where available. i.e. go stand in this corner for 15 minutes. The local hospital is vaccinating 5-11yos only.
Not so when my family got third shots. The pharmacist who gave the shot had an egg timer to gauge by. After the shot, you are advised to sit down nearby and only after the egg timer goes off you are free to go. Why? Because the pharmacist hangs onto your completed CDC card which they won't give back to you only until the egg timer goes off. That's a very good incentive to follow the pharmacist's clear direction.

drizgirl

Not so when my family got third shots. The pharmacist who gave the shot had an egg timer to gauge by. After the shot, you are advised to sit down nearby and only after the egg timer goes off you are free to go. Why? Because the pharmacist hangs onto your completed CDC card when they won't give back to you only until the egg timer goes off. That's a very good incentive to follow the pharmacist's clear direction.
Thankfully I was handed mine when the shot was done. 3rd dose of same vaccine. I did wait 15 minutes, but probably didn't need to. I was just clogging up the aisles in a very busy pharmacy in the Walmart Neighborhood Market. When I took my (adult) daughter for hers, we grocery shopped then left.

Lilofan

Thankfully I was handed mine when the shot was done. 3rd dose of same vaccine. I did wait 15 minutes, but probably didn't need to. I was just clogging up the aisles in a very busy pharmacy in the Walmart Neighborhood Market. When I took my (adult) daughter for hers, we grocery shopped then left.
You are taking your chances but that's your call. After covid shot, It is highly recommended to wait nearby for 15 min in case of immediate allergic reaction and medical help is nearby .

drizgirl

You are taking your chances but that's your call. After covid shot, It is highly recommended to wait nearby for 15 min in case of immediate allergic reaction and medical help is nearby .
I did wait. And we shopped while we waited with my daughter. I think by the 3rd dose of the same shot, you're probably OK. And she's 10 days post booster shot now, so I think we're in the clear.

Patcheslee

Not so when my family got third shots. The pharmacist who gave the shot had an egg timer to gauge by. After the shot, you are advised to sit down nearby and only after the egg timer goes off you are free to go. Why? Because the pharmacist hangs onto your completed CDC card which they won't give back to you only until the egg timer goes off. That's a very good incentive to follow the pharmacist's clear direction.
The Kroger I was at allowed people to leave immediately unless they were mixing manufacturers. And card was given when received dose. There was still 3 people standing around with only 2 seats available between people waiting on medication and vaccination. What's the point of sticking around in case someone passes out if they're just going to fall on the concrete floor?

correcaminos

Husband was given same brand at his doctor's office. Not made to wait. Might be at the discretion of the giver. They don't make me wait for flu shots either now. Even when waiting with my kid for his 1st two, they never held his card hostage like that. As soon as the shot was given we had the card.

Now for my third they did make me wait - 30 mins too. But standard for the trial.

Lilofan

The Kroger I was at allowed people to leave immediately unless they were mixing manufacturers. And card was given when received dose. There was still 3 people standing around with only 2 seats available between people waiting on medication and vaccination. What's the point of sticking around in case someone passes out if they're just going to fall on the concrete floor?
Passing out while driving home when one disregarded the recommended 15 min wait near the pharmacist in case of a reaction in 15 min is not smart but some will always disregard medical recommendations/ make up excuses .That's a given.

Patcheslee

Passing out while driving home when one disregarded the recommended 15 min wait near the pharmacist in case of a reaction in 15 min is not smart but some will always disregard medical recommendations/ make up excuses .That's a given.
If the pharmacist says you don't have yo stick around? My instance: pharmacist specifically said if I would have had the same manufacturer I wouldn't have had to wait the 15 minutes. So if someone is told they can leave immediately that is not disregard.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Anyone who is passing out is doing so from the needle or act of injection, not from anything particular in the COVID vaccines. The thing that they're monitoring for is severe allergic reaction.

correcaminos

My husband was told by his *doctor* that if receiving the same brand they did not have to wait. Just like with flu shots I do not. Making people feel bad because they were told differently is really uncool. My husband didn't ignore advice, he just was free to go. The only reason why I was held for 30 minutes was standard protocol for trials. Notice it 2x as long as what you had to do but that's why we do trials, to see it new crap pops up. I assume nothing did for any of the participants which is why the 15 mins was dropped.

Bob Harlem

Florida Case numbers for last week haven't been reported yet because of Thanksgiving, (will be release tomorrow evening) But hospitalization numbers still have been.

Today Florida Covid Hospitaliztion is at 1228 (or 2.29% of beds), which is a new all time low since April 2020 (when HHS started its reports). It was at 1351 a week ago (2.36%). so the gradual Covid hospitalization decrease is still going on in Florida.

Heppenheimer

Anyone who is passing out is doing so from the needle or act of injection, not from anything particular in the COVID vaccines. The thing that they're monitoring for is severe allergic reaction.
And that usually happens immediately once people see the needle go into their arm. If they don't pass out right then and there, it probably won't happen at all.

You are correct, passing out is not a sign of an allergic reaction. Or at least, not the initial sign.

mmascari

And that usually happens immediately once people see the needle go into their arm. If they don't pass out right then and there, it probably won't happen at all.

You are correct, passing out is not a sign of an allergic reaction. Or at least, not the initial sign.
I like to sit down, turn stark white as the blood drains out of my face, and develop a cold sweat. It's not as dramatic as completely passing out.

Was fine with the COVID shots. It's probably just a blood draw that really gets me. 😨

JoeCamel

I like to sit down, turn stark white as the blood drains out of my face, and develop a cold sweat. It's not as dramatic as completely passing out.

Was fine with the COVID shots. It's probably just a blood draw that really gets me. 😨
I don't get that way unless they go fishing for a vein. Most that draw blood for a living are pros and it is nothing but for a CAT scan or something like a colonoscopy the techs don't seem to be able to hit squat. Twice I had them stick me five times looking for oil and came up dry until someone with experience cleaned up their mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom