Connections Cafe and Eatery

Sir_Cliff

Putting aside how corporate-buzzword-esque the name is, it also doesn’t make sense. What does Connections mean in relation to a quick service dining spot? You’re connecting with your food? That’s odd. With the strange family at the table next to you? I hope not.

Ironically, Creations would be a much better name for the restaurant and Connections would make more sense for the store.
Electric Umbrella also didn't exactly stream quick service dining. That said, I still really do like that name and the random umbrella decor as it is rather eccentric!

Connections seems fine to me, playing on the notion people connect over food. Not sure how Connections could apply to shopping for souvenirs, but I can at least understand how Creations does.

UNCgolf

Does the name really matter? Creations Shop is only a problem because they are adamant on appending the word "shop", even in the signage, and that just sounds stupid.

I find Connections Cafe bland (it reminds me of naming conventions for dining at museums/zoos/aquariums) compared to Electric Umbrella, but there's nothing wrong with it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think it's the Cafe part that really throws me. It sounds like an early 2000s internet cafe in suburbia. I'm all for simple, and EU needed an update desperately. This all just goes too far to the generic and feels like it won't age very well at all.

Something in Epcot needed an update badly, after being neglected for 2 decades?? Color me shocked…

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This was supposed to be both TS and QS originally, no?

Also, I ate at EU once. It was a cheesburger. A depressing cheeseburger. One and done. But, will I go back with it under new management? Maybe this is why Disney gutted the EU and replaced it... to bring back all the people who've decided never to eat there again!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

Also, I ate at EU once. It was a cheesburger. A depressing cheeseburger. One and done. But, will I go back with it under new management? Maybe this is why Disney gutted the EU and replaced it... to bring back all the people who've decided never to eat there again!
I remember it was supposed to be both, too.

You should've ordered the Brisket Sandwich, it was really good! Hope it comes back.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member

I had the worst bacon cheeseburger on property there. Never went back.

Bocabear

We all had a group experience of the worst cheeseburger ever at the Electric Umbrella... The food was dreadful. I never ate there early on in the 80s...wonder if like the entire core of the park, it was better once and then just got bad over the years...
Does anyone have any memories of that place having great food?

DKampy

We all had a group experience of the worst cheeseburger ever at the Electric Umbrella... The food was dreadful. I never ate there early on in the 80s...wonder if like the entire core of the park, it was better once and then just got bad over the years...
Does anyone have any memories of that place having great food?
No… don’t think it was ever good… my family ate there in the early 80’s… and still talk about it to this day about it being the worst eating experience ever at WDW… never went back which is saying something because we have always gone to WDW often….and have given other bad experiences a second chance

Bocabear

No… don’t think it was ever good… my family ate there in the early 80’s… and still talk about it to this day about it being the worst eating experience ever at WDW… never went back which is saying something because we have always gone to WDW often….and have given other bad experiences a second chance
Early on, it was imperative to eat in World Showcase (if you could get a reservation at WorldKey)... so I never tried it until maybe 10 years ago...yuck.

mysto

Yup EU had to compete with World Showcase eateries, about 20 of the best themed restaurants anywhere many of which also had great and varied food. I think EU knew what they were up against and didn't even try. "This burger is convenient" was their offering. Connections might give it a go? Convenient and edible?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom