Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disney Dad 3000

5:17pm on a busy Sunday and the only G+ attraction that still has LL return times is Tea Cups

I had to check because of how ridiculous that sounded, but sure enough.

Property wide it's not much better. MV3D at DHS and then Epcot with it's regular pool of Pixar Film Fest, Figment, Land, Mission Space, Nemo, SE and Turtle Talk.

roj2323

I'm only 15 mins into this very LENGTHY video on the history of WDW lines, waits and Fastpass, but it's great so far:

I didn't know I needed to watch this but it very much mirrors my thoughts on the original FP system compared to FP+ compared to the monster that is Genie.

Here's my thoughts: So as Cast and Guests have been saying for years, we need to go back to the original Attraction based point of distribution Fast Pass system. Perhaps not with paper tickets but at least only with same day, same park access so the "monster" provides more equal opportunity without getting overwhelmed. Heck with a digital system you could scan a geo locked QR code for an attraction and then still be able to cancel it from your phone anywhere in the park to be able to reserve a different attraction and if your entire party is assigned to the same app, then there wouldn't be the issue of getting multiple time slots like the old paper FP system was prone to do for larger families. The ability to cancel then gives Disney the opportunity to redistribute those FP or "throw them away". Additionally Disney would still maintain the ability to inform guests of ride closures and offer alternatives like FP+ did. It would also provide Disney the ability to limit or turn off access to an attractions FP reservations if for example they want to slow distribution. Something like (no more FP are available for distribution until 2pm, would you like to be reminded when more are available? (with an in app reservation slot so they don't have to run back to the attraction)) This would be particularly handy when a standby line is long or an attraction is prone to break down and needs the extra time to catch up.

Essentially it would be a hybrid of the original paper fastpass system (you have to go to the ride to get the pass) and the digital component of being able to cancel and be notified of the Digital Fastpass+ system.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I didn't know I needed to watch this but it very much mirrors my thoughts on the original FP system compared to FP+ compared to the monster that is Genie.

Here's my thoughts: So as Cast and Guests have been saying for years, we need to go back to the original Attraction based point of distribution Fast Pass system. Perhaps not with paper tickets but at least only with same day, same park access so the "monster" provides more equal opportunity without getting overwhelmed. Heck with a digital system you could scan a geo locked QR code for an attraction and then still be able to cancel it from your phone anywhere in the park to be able to reserve a different attraction and if your entire party is assigned to the same app, then there wouldn't be the issue of getting multiple time slots like the old paper FP system was prone to do for larger families. The ability to cancel then gives Disney the opportunity to redistribute those FP or "throw them away". Additionally Disney would still maintain the ability to inform guests of ride closures and offer alternatives like FP+ did. It would also provide Disney the ability to limit or turn off access to an attractions FP reservations if for example they want to slow distribution. Something like (no more FP are available for distribution until 2pm, would you like to be reminded when more are available? (with an in app reservation slot so they don't have to run back to the attraction)) This would be particularly handy when a standby line is long or an attraction is prone to break down and needs the extra time to catch up.

Essentially it would be a hybrid of the original paper fastpass system (you have to go to the ride to get the pass) and the digital component of being able to cancel and be notified of the Digital Fastpass+ system.

Really, no one wants to go back to where you have to cross the park to get a FP. My ideal.FP system would be day of only, similar to Genie+, but with the ability to schedule when you wanted to ride (based on availability), no ILL attractions (everything part of the same LL system) and no restrictions on multiple rides.

drizgirl

Really, no one wants to go back to where you have to cross the park to get a FP. My ideal.FP system would be day of only, similar to Genie+, but with the ability to schedule when you wanted to ride (based on availability), no ILL attractions (everything part of the same LL system) and no restrictions on multiple rides.
Can't happen at WDW. They run out of inventory at DHS already even with the "once per attraction" limit in place. They could possibly lift it in other parks, but doubt they'll want to be inconsistent like that.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Can't happen at WDW. They run out of inventory at DHS already even with the "once per attraction" limit in place. They could possibly lift it in other parks, but doubt they'll want to be inconsistent like that.
Their LL allocation is pretty low right now, much lower than FP+. They could probably raise those limits a bit.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom