Destination D23 2021

ToTBellHop

So I was told yesterday that the new Nemo show is set in California and basically a retelling (sped up) of the previous story. Basically a greatest hits show. We will see if that’s the case. Not a huge fan of that concept. Dumb it down and speed it up?

TTA94

All I wanted for Destination D was a night parade (PTN).

Trying to think positively here, Maybe the announcement got “delayed” and will come in the form of a Parks Blog post at a later, random date? Maaybe one of the reasons why this didn’t get announced today is because they knew there were likely several DL fans in attendance and they didn’t want to cause a upset by announcing that a parade, which was originally designed for DL and its 60th, is now being taken away and given to WDW.
Heck imagine if they announced Magic Happens was being moved to MK? You can’t tell me that wouldn’t cause a upset. So I’m sure PTN would as well. Pure speculation of course.

Indy_UK

Not gonna lie, I knew the MK parade, fantastic etc was going to come back eventually but I actually cried when they just announced it as our trip next august is the first with our son and I really wanted him to experience them

Surferboy567

So I was told yesterday that the new Nemo show is set in California and basically a retelling (sped up) of the previous story. Basically a greatest hits show. We will see if that’s the case. Not a huge fan of that concept. Dumb it down and speed it up?
This was just basically announced.

The way it was worded though, I am actually quite excited. I really do like Finding Dory so excited to see the best of both here hopefully.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Trying to think positively here, Maybe the announcement got “delayed” and will come in the form of a Parks Blog post at a later, random date? Maaybe one of the reasons why this didn’t get announced today is because they knew there were likely several DL fans in attendance and they didn’t want to cause a upset by announcing that a parade, which was originally designed for DL and its 60th, is now being taken away and given to WDW.
Heck imagine if they announced Magic Happens was being moved to MK? You can’t tell me that wouldn’t cause a upset. So I’m sure PTN would as well. Pure speculation of course.

One thought is they haven't yet decided what park it will go in. Or, thwy were planning for DHS and figured out that it wouldn't work the there, so they scrapped the whole thing.

ToTBellHop

This was just basically announced.

The way it was worded though, I am actually quite excited. I really do like Finding Dory so excited to see the best of both here hopefully.
I was told it was less about Finding Dory and more about characters at that time telling an abbreviated version of the events in the first film.

TTA94

One thought is they haven't yet decided what park it will go in. Or, thwy were planning for DHS and figured out that it wouldn't work the there, so they scrapped the whole thing.

Would be nice if some insider on here could shed even a tiny bit of light on this subject or at least let us know if this was/is a real rumor? still in the works? canceled? never happening? If memory serves me right one insider who had commented awhile back on the nighttime parade subject, or hinted rather, was @The Visionary Soul. Don’t remember if anyone else commented off the top of head.

ToTBellHop

I'm glad I haven't spent a second of my life watching this travesty.
I don’t think it was a travesty. It was largely what was expected and the parks will objectively be a more complete experience next year with all of the entertainment additions—exactly the things the parks have needed since reopening. I’m generally pleased with the announcements. I wasn’t expecting any new rides.

brb1006

I don’t think it was a travesty. It was largely what was expected and the parks will objectively be a more complete experience next year with all of the entertainment additions—exactly the things the parks have needed since reopening. I’m generally pleased with the announcements. I wasn’t expecting any new rides.
The parade section was such a tease

ToTBellHop

The parade section was such a tease
I’m to the point where I’ll believe we get a night parade when I see it. I get the impression they think WDW gets the impressive castle fireworks at night and that is it. Light parades are for parks with crappy fireworks.

F! will be very popular since it is being redone, so I understand why that will be the focus of the nighttime offerings at DHS.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I’m confused about Hey Disney. Is it a resort in room experience or will it be available at home too?

Amazon and Disney Introduce ‘Hey, Disney!’, a Magical Voice Assistant Working Alongside Alexa at Home and at Walt Disney World Resort

Dear Prudence

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom