Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

This system is a complete disaster....................Genie+ showing it warts and it's only a month old

Complete rip off in HS but people still paying it because nobody wants to wait 120 minutes in SDD line

What a joke.........you get SDD at 7am and then next one is ToT for 8pm and Disney could care less

Where are the FP+ haters? Are you glad now that you got this system?

DISGRACE

mikejs78

Premium Member
It is crazy to me that SDD can be out of the all LL passes within 4 min of becoming available, maybe they should switch and make that paid instead of Mickey & Minnie
Then Mickey and Minnie would probably be out within 4 min of being available. The issue is lack of attractions at DHS. Swapping two attractions isn't going to make a difference.

Better bet would be to add MIckey into regular G+ along with SDD, which would add another attraction into the G+ mix - but they won't do that.

Touchdown

This system is a complete disaster....................Genie+ showing it warts and it's only a month old

Complete rip off in HS but people still paying it because nobody wants to wait 120 minutes in SDD line

What a joke.........you get SDD at 7am and then next one is ToT for 8pm and Disney could care less

DISGRACE
Or just rope drop Slinky at opening…

Chi84

Premium Member

DISGRACE
I think most of the people who really hated FP+ are the ones who rope drop, ride all day every day and close the parks. If that’s what you do, you aren’t going to need any type of line reservation system. Most of them would be happy to see all standby, even though it wouldn’t work for people who do things differently - like get to the parks later and are happy to ride just a few rides, but at convenient times and without having to wait in long lines.

Patcheslee

Then Mickey and Minnie would probably be out within 4 min of being available. The issue is lack of attractions at DHS. Swapping two attractions isn't going to make a difference.

Better bet would be to add MIckey into regular G+ along with SDD, which would add another attraction into the G+ mix - but they won't do that.
They definitely lack ride options for Genie+. The only non-attraction/show I would consider a decent option for Genie+ is Fantasmic if it comes back with it. That's mainly because of the time you need to line up just to get a seat.
Return times for shows run 20-25 minutes before the show starts, so not sure how much time that really saves. How are they handling the show return times? Most start 20-25 minutes before the show, so what's the cutoff in arrival?

Jrb1979

I think most of the people who really hated FP+ are the ones who rope drop, ride all day every day and close the parks. If that’s what you do, you aren’t going to need any type of line reservation system. Most of them would be happy to see all standby, even though it wouldn’t work for people who do things differently - like get to the parks later and are happy to ride just a few rides, but at convenient times and without having to wait in long lines.
I disagree. We are that family that rope drop, ride all day and close the parks and we would still buy Genie+. We aren't happy with waiting standby all day. If the waits more then 20 minutes we don't ride it. We are the type of family that would use Genie+ on lower tier rides to avoid waiting.

wutisgood

I bet disney eventually switches to holding back some LL until after park open like they did with boarding passes. The problem they face is people not coming to the parks at all because they cannot guarantee a spot on key rides.

Jeff4272

I disagree. We are that family that rope drop, ride all day and close the parks and we would still buy Genie+. We aren't happy with waiting standby all day. If the waits more then 20 minutes we don't ride it. We are the type of family that would use Genie+ on lower tier rides to avoid waiting.
If rides were avialable......unfortunately you pay the $ and you still cant get on them

if you booked SDD at 7am this morning, then your next window to book was at 11am

at 11am in HS today, SDD, MFSR and ToT were gone and the earliest return times for RnR and TSMM were 4pm+....you could have bought MMRR for 6:30pm........

So today in HS you would have only got on SDD based on your ciriteria (not waiting over 20 min) and thats if you "won" the lottery of getting SDD today

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I bet disney eventually switches to holding back some LL until after park open like they did with boarding passes. The problem they face is people not coming to the parks at all because
they cannot guarantee a spot on key rides.
My suggestion would be to switch it to only being able to pick times when in the park. Rolling availability would make things much better.

If rides were avialable......unfortunately you pay the $ and you still cant get on them
The top tier rides you can't but I wouldn't use it for those ones. Rope drop those rides and use Genie+ for lower tier rides. We would use Genie+ on rides like Buzz Lightyear.

Jeff4272

My suggestion would be to switch it to only being able to pick times when in the park. Rolling availability would make things much better.

The top tier rides you can't but I wouldn't use it for those ones. Rope drop those rides and use Genie+ for lower tier rides. We would use Genie+ on rides like Buzz Lightyear.
We are talking HS....Doesnt matter what ride you use it on at HS when it's busy.........Theres nothing available at 11am no matter what you pick at 7am

and unless you're a resort guest, rope dropping HS is not worth it

Jeff4272

What I think they are going to do is create Tiers like FP+ had

If they dont and keep as is, they could institute resort only Genie+ selections at 7am and everyone else at park opening like ILL

Chi84

Premium Member
I wasn't talking about the people who would buy Genie+, but the people who absolutely hated FP+. The people who benefited most from FP+ seemed to be the ones who came later to the parks and didn't care about getting on every ride. I'm sure there was some overlap because of the infinite ways people choose to spend their time at WDW. Nothing is perfect for everyone but FP+ sure came close for us.

LittleBuford

We are that family that rope drop, ride all day and close the parks and we would still buy Genie+. We aren't happy with waiting standby all day. If the waits more then 20 minutes we don't ride it. We are the type of family that would use Genie+ on lower tier rides to avoid waiting.
This was me back in the days of FP+: I would arrive first thing, stay past closing, and use FastPasses all day to avoid waiting. Whether my touring style will (or can) continue this way using Genie+ remains to be seen.

Jeff4272

This was me back in the days of FP+: I would arrive first thing, stay past closing, and use FastPasses all day to avoid waiting. Whether my touring style will (or can) continue this way using Genie+ remains to be seen.
No Chance......your second Genie+ selections return times are late afternoon on a moderate day, never mind a busy one

LittleBuford

I wasn't talking about the people who would buy Genie+, but the people who absolutely hated FP+. The people who benefited most from FP+ seemed to be the ones who came later to the parks and didn't care about getting on every ride. I'm sure there was some overlap because of the infinite ways people choose to spend their time at WDW. Nothing is perfect for everyone but FP+ sure came close for us.
The posts I recall reading here wouldn't appear to substantiate such a correlation. If anything, I would say that the hardcore all-day types were likelier than not to be fans of FP+.

LittleBuford

No Chance......your second Genie+ selections return times are late afternoon on a moderate day, never mind a busy one
The system is in its early days still, and reports have been very mixed so far. By the time I return to WDW, I'll have a much better sense of what I can and can't expect to get out of Genie+. I'm not terribly optimistic, truth be told, but it is what it is.

Jeff4272

HS is ranked a 6 today on touring Plans...............

So if I woke up at 6:55am,bought Genie+, got my first Genie+ for SDD return time of 5:30pm and then got to the park at 10:45am today (no reason to get there earlier) then I would have to wait in 45+ minute lines until my second Genie+ at TSMM at 4:30 (the best available time when i went to book my 2nd selection at 11am)?

Cant wait until its busy..........

This system is terrible

And how is it easier than FP+ for planning? wake up early every day and then no rides available beyond my first selection?

Last edited:

Jeff4272

The system is in its early days still, and reports have been very mixed so far. By the time I return to WDW, I'll have a much better sense of what I can and can't expect to get out of Genie+. I'm not terribly optimistic, truth be told, but it is what it is.
Well you can monitor it daily, the information is readily available

There's no availability and its not even close to being peak crowds, you can jsut go look it up right now and see whats available

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom