News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tommyhawkins

Yes, you doomsayers are all right: Disney is putting hundreds of millions of dollars into a "show coaster" with controlled-facing cars but then put in no show at all!!!

They doubled the cost of a "coaster in a box" for no reason at all!!!

They're featuring one of their most popular IPs by not having them appear in the coaster part of the ride!!

You are all just so, so clever!!!!

Hating must be a form of dementia.

There looks to be four screens, and at least two set pieces one near the entry point and then a possible moon for the north west helix. The four curved screens can be seen on the architecture drawings. I'm not sure if I have the same dementia as you, but I just assumed building bespoke trains with controllable yaw might be a way of turning the cars to all these shows scenes and making a forward facing coaster temporarily a backwards launch. Also the fact they needed a fair amount of time to actually film the show scenes.

Hawg G

There looks to be four screens, and at least two set pieces one near the entry point and then a possible moon for the north west helix. The four curved screens can be seen on the architecture drawings. I'm not sure if I have the same dementia as you, but I just assumed building bespoke trains with controllable yaw might be a way of turning the cars to all these shows scenes and making a forward facing coaster temporarily a backwards launch. Also the fact they needed a fair amount of time to actually film the show scenes.

Yup, so 4 screens you zip past quickly, so they will have little more than starfield patterns likely. There is perhaps a launch tunnel with some sort of warp animation. Then something you go by as you enter the main building, and a large, static, orb.

So, I just see this as Space mountain 3.0 with cars that rotate to make some folks a bit sick (I hate spinning coasters). It's been fairly clear for a good bit of time this ride is another overhyped, extremely expensive, D+ ticket ride.

2 1/2 D anyone?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yup, so 4 screens you zip past quickly, so they will have little more than starfield patterns likely. There is perhaps a launch tunnel with some sort of warp animation. Then something you go by as you enter the main building, and a large, static, orb.

So, I just see this as Space mountain 3.0 with cars that rotate to make some folks a bit sick (I hate spinning coasters). It's been fairly clear for a good bit of time this ride is another overhyped, extremely expensive, D+ ticket ride.

2 1/2 D anyone?
You don't need controlled-facing cars to zip past a starfield.

tommyhawkins

Trying to currently figure out if the lift hill is a lift hill or whether it's preceded by a LSM in the tunnel (pictured) ATM. Vekoma do actually have a patent for a cable lift/launch.
3n5qsj.jpg

You don't need controlled-facing cars to zip past a starfield.
Many parts are dropping to around 20-25mph so not so fast they can't tell story with those screens.

2 1/2 D anyone?
More like four screens that will have follow along effects similar to what they're putting in Iron man and what they already have in Tron, that help drive the story as well as physical objects (like the ships pictured in the concept art) . It's not an uncontrolled spinning coaster that makes you feel sick. It's a coaster with fully directional Yaw control just like gringotts, that works like an omnimover.

Make your mind up is is Space Mountain 3.0 or a D ticket because those statements contradict one another.

It seems to me a lot of people are projecting a lot of their expectations into these kinds of comments adding 2 + 2 coming up with 15.

J4546

i just hope the coaster is smooth. I get sick on space mountain and other smaller mouse coasters in the parks, so i hope this has a nicer flow to it.

tommyhawkins

i just hope the coaster is smooth. I get sick on space mountain and other smaller mouse coasters in the parks, so i hope this has a nicer flow to it.
Those new Vekoma tracks have a really thick rigid spine like the new Intamin double spine track (VC) so it should be way better than any OG steel tube one from 70s/80s don't think SM has ever had a retrack

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
There are 4 stand alone screens but no reason to put a tunnel on an indoor coaster if not for more screens.

Incomudro

2 1/2 D anyone?
The cars are not rotating, they are turning to an angle to face the visuals.
Seeing what was done in the conversion of Tower of Tower to Mission Breakout, I'm of the belief that we are going to get some very good visuals for GotG.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Trying to currently figure out if the lift hill is a lift hill or whether it's preceded by a LSM in the tunnel (pictured) ATM. Vekoma do actually have a patent for a cable lift/launch.

If I had to guess, it's an LSM lift (not dissimilar to Maverick at Cedar Point)... possibly with more of a push at the bottom so you coast over the crest (like Lightning Rod at Dollywood) or a gradual increase in speed with a pop of air over the top (like Hulk)... obviously at a smaller/slower design than the examples I provided...

tommyhawkins

If I had to guess, it's an LSM lift (not dissimilar to Maverick at Cedar Point)... possibly with more of a push at the bottom so you coast over the crest (like Lightning Rod at Dollywood) or a gradual increase in speed with a pop of air over the top (like Hulk)... obviously at a smaller/slower design than the examples I provided...
Pretty much what I already had....I've put in a booster at the tunnel ...then another up the hill...it's not any kinda fast launch

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom