News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tommyhawkins

First run at redoing it all. Lots of big adjustments needed, but first complete loop finally

cosmic_Renewed2.png

Cosmic_Renewed.png

5577 ft. I think.
Track is coming out about 1600m i dont know what that is in feet

Casper Gutman

This isn’t going to be like Crush’s Coaster where the gravity building is supposed to be black but you can see the corrugated metal panels on the walls and such right? Hopefully a level or two above Space Mountain and Crush’s Coaster?
Yeah, I really, really want to know if this shows anything about show scenes. My low expectations were a Gringotts ride with a longer coaster section, but this seems like it may even lack Gringotts post-launch show elements. I may very well be wrong, of course - I'm always pessimistic. I'd love to be told I'm wrong.

SplashJacket

You can see themed elements in these blueprints, like the jump portal, but there's not much else to see, which implies there's not much theming. There appears to be a lot of tunneled pieces of track that will likely be heavy on projection mapping to make it seem like you're truly in space, but that's neither mind-blowing or extravagant.

1636522847178.png

1636522894152.png

Casper Gutman

You can see themed elements in these blueprints, like the jump portal, but there's not much else to see, which implies there's not much theming. There appears to be a lot of tunneled pieces of track that will likely be heavy on projection mapping to make it seem like you're truly in space, but that's neither mind-blowing or extravagant.

View attachment 599721

View attachment 599722
I'm confused as to why this design needs the highly-touted rotating cars. The jump portal seems to be a cut-out around the track, ala RnRC, and projection mapped tunnels seem designed to work with a standard coaster train design.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm confused as to why this design needs the highly-touted rotating cars.
Because there *is* theming and not the pessimistic belief expressed above that there won't be theming (followed by the criticism of the thing that really doesn't exist (i.e., a lack of theming)).

Disney wouldn't have spent the extra millions for controlled-facing cars if there wasn't anything to make them face.

Casper Gutman

Because there *is* theming and not the pessimistic belief expressed above that there won't be theming (followed by the criticism of the thing that really doesn't exist (i.e., a lack of theming)).

Disney wouldn't have spent the extra millions for controlled-facing cars if there wasn't anything to make them face.
Can we see that here? Or in the shot from inside the gravity building, other then the RnRC style jump gate?

lazyboy97o

Yeah, I really, really want to know if this shows anything about show scenes. My low expectations were a Gringotts ride with a longer coaster section, but this seems like it may even lack Gringotts post-launch show elements. I may very well be wrong, of course - I'm always pessimistic. I'd love to be told I'm wrong.

View attachment 599721

View attachment 599722
You can’t draw conclusions about one thing from something else. These are architectural drawings, not show set drawings. These are small scale plan and sections intended to tell you about the configuration of the building, not about the show scenes or theming.

The track isn’t in a tunnel. That is the ride safety envelope. It looks like a tube because it has been extruded across the entire circuit of track. Again, these drawings are about the building so they have to make sure nothing is within the safety envelope.

Last edited:

tommyhawkins

You can’t draw conclusions about one thing from something else. These are architectural drawings, not show set drawings. These are small scale plan and sections intended to tell you about the configuration of the building, not about the show scenes or theming.

The track isn’t in a tunnel. That is the ride safety envelope. It looks like a tube because it has been extruded across the entire circuit of track. Again, these drawings are about the building so they have to make sure nothing is within the safety envelope.

completely true, there is however a fair amount of info that can be preened from the relatively undetailed drawings, seem able to see where the screens inside the gravity building might be, I already knew it was divided long ways but there appears to be 4 curved screens in the corners

Hawg G

I'm sure that picture of a huge room of coaster track with absolutely no platforms near it for theming was just a red herring from Disney to make us THINK this ride is just another coaster in a box. Now, perhaps with one corner having space projections on the walls.

DisneyCane

I don’t know if you’ve seen it in person, but you don’t have to go looking for the GotG warehouse. It is very, very prominent - more then pictures indicate. A big part of this is the way it absolutely looms over the old Life pavilion. If you don’t see it, you’re trying pretty hard not to see it.
Have you looked at it from the EE lift hill? It really shows how huge it is from that perspective.

doctornick

Haven't we already had some leaks/promotional stuff that showed a planet or moon in the show building that the vehicles travel around? I don't see that indicated in these blueprints, but as mentioned they aren't really concerned with the show scenes. I think that is what the tracks are circling around in the upper right of this picture:

1636560499565.png

Edit: this is from the people who got to peak inside the show building - "Then, we saw a VERY large sphere structure that looks similar to a planet, or like a big moon. It had texture and crater-like divots, but was completely black, so we’re guessing there will be projections used on it. If you want a reference for how big this planet thing is, think Mars in front of Mission: SPACE size!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom