News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

"According to BlogMickey.com sources, face masks will no longer be mandatory for fully vaccinated Cast Members indoors beginning November 8th. Cast Members will still be required to wear face masks indoors when they are considered “on stage” – in guest-facing roles."

What an absolute clown show. 50,000 front liners in Central Florida can mingle backstage all they want, but if you work in Burbank or Bristol, and *have an office of your own*, you haven't seen the inside of it for 18 months.

😒

Trauma

I don't think we can say that Flordia/the South is out of the woods quite yet. Florida has been on a 2-months-on, 2-months off trend for a while now.

June-August, 2020 - wave
August-October, 2020 - lull
October 2020-February 2021 - wave
February 2021 - April 2021 - lull
April-May 2021 - small wave
May-July 2021 - lull
July-Sept 2021 - wave
Sept-???? 2021 - lull

By this calendar, we should expect another rise in late Nov/early December in Florida. If we get into December with no rise, we may be at the end of this mess....

This pill is a potential game changer (though not approved yet). Between this and the vaccines, the pandemic could very well be over... Vaccines are still the best line of defense, but these are a great second layer of protection. Once this pill is approved, assuming we don't have a vaccine-busting varient, I think we'll be able to declare this pandemic over and end the need for masking/social distancing /etc. Although I really wish they'd accelerate the timeline for the <5 crowd...
Mike I know your temperament is more cautious and empathetic than mine, so hearing you say you are ready to declare this over when the pill is approved makes me very happy.

CaptainAmerica

Mike I know your temperament is more cautious and empathetic than mine, so hearing you say you are ready to declare this over when the pill is approved makes me very happy.
fdcd34bf-d87e-4580-8d4a-a6ff7d1afe92_text.gif

That's a Mighty Ducks 3 joke for the kids in the back.

Squishy

I don't think a announcement for guests is coming considering the cast member one is "Optional for Fully Vaccinated". They won't check guests for vaccinations just to take off a mask.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Disney had absolutely zero interest in forcing guests to prove vax status. Framing it as something they really wanted to do but were prevented from doing by the State is inaccurate.

You know this because?

WRONG! They could have a mask requirement with an opt out if you show proof of vaccination and it would be perfectly legal in FL.

I would be in favor of a system like that. But I'm pretty sure it's not legal in Florida.

This would be difficult for them to implement anyway - you would need some type of system to identify vaccinated people in the parks.

Require uploading of vaccination status as part of making a park reservation. Tie it to magic bands. Boom.

This news really came as a game changer for me.

It's simple math. With vaccine + booster it's 95% efficacy, plus now the pill (once approved) making the rare breakthrough case of a vaccinated individual 90% less risky than it already is - plus, now there will be some protection against the flooding of hospitals (whcih is one of my biggest concerns) and a treatment for anyone who is immunocompromised and for whom vaccines are less effective.

It's a win for everyone. I don't see a downside. I still think everyone who can should get vaxxed, regardless, but this does change the equation quite a bit once it's approved.

Heelz2315

The more I think about this the madder and more frustrated I get! What exactly are they waiting on? How much lower does the # have to get before they say we're good. I go inside POTC for 15 min I have to wear a mask, but I can stand armpit to armpit with other guests for well over 15 min waiting for a parade with no mask and we're good? It's absurd!

The only other thing I can think of that they're waiting on is the case per 100K to get below 50. That number as is stands today is 50.67. It's getting to be ridiculous!

disneygeek90

If the entire state of Hawaii can do it, so can Disney.
That would be a disaster. There's no good way you could "identify" people not to mention even more cast involvement needed. It has to be all or nothing. Either you're going to require vaccines to enter, or you're not.

I'm going on a cruise in two weeks and if you're over the age of 12 you have to be vaccinated. End of story.

SingleRider

The more I think about this the madder and more frustrated I get! What exactly are they waiting on? How much lower does the # have to get before they say we're good. I go inside POTC for 15 min I have to wear a mask, but I can stand armpit to armpit with other guests for well over 15 min waiting for a parade with no mask and we're good? It's absurd!

The only other thing I can think of that they're waiting on is the case per 100K to get below 50. That number as is stands today is 50.67. It's getting to be ridiculous!
If they removed masks for vaccinated cast members indoors in backstage I wouldn’t be surprised if a change came through soon for guests as well

Shellyl64

I’m with you on this! We were hoping they would be gone by this weekend because we arrive tomorrow. If I could cancel today I would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom