Disney Springs Gift Card Question

JTT

Original Poster
Can I use Disney Gift cards at all stores in Disney Springs?

What about Disney Visa Rewards card?

Michaelson

Yes, and yes, or at least you could as of last Spring.

I used one to buy a meal at the PaddleFish restaurant, and some shaving gear at the 'Art of Shaving' with the other.

Regards! Michaelson

MickeyLuv'r

For the most part, yes.

There are maybe
still be a few tiny exceptions in all of WDW, like sometimes at a few of the smaller kiosks they don't have a card reader or it isn't working.
Disney Rewards Visa- everywhere that takes a credit card (- even Universal!)
Disney Rewards redemption card should also be everywhere at WDW...unless you get a new CM who doesn't know how to apply it.
It never hurts to ask though.

Oh - and remember to ask about discounts! You often ONLY get them if you remember to ASK for them! I suggest looking up all of them before you go, maybe have a cheat sheet (maybe stored on your phone).

What you can't do though is use a Disney git card at Universal/offsite. Which I know is a no-brainer, but sometimes when rushing from one property to the other, it is easy to whip out the wrong card. I have jokingly asked cashiers at Universal if people try to pay with Disney gift cards and they always tell me it happens multiple times a day!

Last edited:

CynBeth

I have had it for a while so not 100% remembering but If you have the Chase Disney Visa credit card when you use it for purchases you earn points which is the same as money it will show on your statement how many you have earned. You call and ask them to send you a rewards card. Once you have earned a certain amount of points you can ask for however many to be transferred to the rewards card. You use the rewards card like a credit card. I hope I explained it ok.

castlecake2.0

Disney Gift Card- Most locations at Disney Springs

Disney Rewards Card- only Disney owned and operated locations, which is the majority of the Marketplace area and some in West Side. You can also charge to your room at most locations and use the Rewards card at your Resort front desk to pay balance.

Gillyanne

Can I use Disney Gift cards at all stores in Disney Springs?

What about Disney Visa Rewards card?

This link shows where you can use the Disney Rewards Visa Redemption card:

How do you redeem the Disney Rewards Dollars? We just got the card and its not real clear

Like CynBeth said, you need to add the Rewards dollars to the redemption card. If you already have the card, you can also do that online. When you're logged in, click on the arrow in the "rewards" box (that displays the number of dollars you have available.) At the top of the page, you should see "your cards" with 1 or 2 listed (depending how many you have issued, I have 2, which each have different numbers, so they're managed individually) Click on "view details" (You can also select "get started" under the "ways to use" box). From there you can select "add rewards dollars" and amount $10 min, up to your earn/use balance. This page also shows the current balance on the card(s) NOTE: if you do have 2 cards, make sure you select the radial button for the card you want to add it to. While they share the balance to be added, once it's added to a card, it's no longer shared, and is only available to the card it's added to.

Now I haven't tested it, I'm more of a "move it when I'm going to use it" type, but a friend who has the card said once it's transferred, it doesn't expire, however what you earn does expire if you don't put it onto the redemption. Looks like the $ earned each statement expires after 5 years, and the statement shows 3 of the upcoming expirations (looks like maybe the 3 that will come first. My last 3+ statements all show Aug, Sept, Oct 2025)

MickeyLuv'r

How do you redeem the Disney Rewards Dollars? We just got the card and its not real clear
If you are running short on time - to get one delivered before a WDW visit, or you forget, WDW has them at guest services in the parks (or did in the past). I think it takes a couple weeks to have one mailed for some odd reason. Otherwise, you request one to be mailed to you. I think - maybe- you need to have a certain number of points on your account before you request it, but I'm not sure about that. You accrue points each month when your statement closes. Once you have a card you can swap points at any time to the reward card.

Another poster said you can add points to your card via logging in to your account. You can also call, which may be easier if you are actually at WDW.

It is good to know WHAT DAY each month your statement closes, because that is when you can access points.

Last edited:

MickeyLuv'r

Now I haven't tested it, I'm more of a "move it when I'm going to use it" type, but a friend who has the card said once it's transferred, it doesn't expire, however what you earn does expire if you don't put it onto the redemption. Looks like the $ earned each statement expires after 5 years, and the statement shows 3 of the upcoming expirations (looks like maybe the 3 that will come first. My last 3+ statements all show Aug, Sept, Oct 2025)
A small add on though is that the rewards act is...a little like a credit card, and a little like a gift card. If you put a large balance on it, then lose it, you might be out of luck (remaining balance on card). So, it is also perhaps wise to use the points somewhat quickly once they are transferred. One easy way to blow through them quickly is to use them to pay for something big like a WDW hotel balance.

Gillyanne

A small add on though is that the rewards act is...a little like a credit card, and a little like a gift card. If you put a large balance on it, then lose it, you might be out of luck (remaining balance on card). So, it is also perhaps wise to use the points somewhat quickly once they are transferred. One easy way to blow through them quickly is to use them to pay for something big like a WDW hotel balance.

This is probably why I wait to transfer until I use it (Plan is usually to just use the balance for my AP each year, so usually don't hit those expire thresholds ); My friend doesn't use it as her primary card, and doesn't do Disney as often, so as long as she doesn't lose her redemption card, her transferring to it is probably her better bet to not lose the reward from expiration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom