The Bob Chapek Hasn’t Priced Me Out Yet Trip

jharvey

We are going back for my families 8th trip since 2010. Figured we’d get this one knocked out before it gets to a point where I have to pick which kid looks like they can do with only one kidney. I make more than double what I made when I took my family in 2010, but I never feel broker than when we go to the World. First world problems.

Cast of characters:
Writer: 41 year old married father of 3. 8th trip as adult + 3 as a kid.
- DW: 43 years old. This will be her 8th trip.
- DS: 17 year old. This will be his 8th trip. Will be graduating high school in May.
- DD#1: 14 years old. 8th trip.
-DD#2: 10 years old. 6th trip.

Specifics of trips:
- 7 nights booked at Art of Animation. We are considering changing to either POR or CBR. We’ve never done AoA, but have enjoyed it from a far. We’ve stayed at POR and CBR before and love both.
- 5 park days (1 freebie we were given at the end of our last trip).
- 1 park day at Universal mid trip. We did Uni for the first time in June of 2020 and absolutely loved it.

At present, our days break down like this:
December 31st: travel/Disney Springs day
January 1st: MK
January 2nd: AK
January 3rd: UNI
January 4th:MK
January 5th: DHS
January 6th: MK

I’ll give more details as these firm up. At present, this will be the first time I’ve ever skipped EPCOT. Growing up, and into adulthood, that was my favorite park. But if I want to get yelled at by a drunk guy at a construction site, I’d stay home. Beyond that, we are going to hop at UNI but not at the world. And I’m leaning towards paying for the upcharge Six Flags upgrade the aforementioned Chapek is introducing with Lightning Pass.

JIMINYCR

I'd give EP a chance. On my recent trip there was no one yelling at the work sites at anyone or being visibly, falling down drunk. And that was during the F&W events. On past trips I will admit Ive seen a few who have abuse their alcohol but not to the extent that gets talked about on the forums. Sure there are some incidents but I think it gets vastly over reported as a drunk fest, you can really enjoy what EP has to offer.
Having just visited Uni, yes a day there is worth going toband hopping to each park.

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

I'm with you on the getting priced out of going sentiment... we have already talked about changing how we plan future visits because of the costs involved. Staying at the campground helps, as we can relax and have meals at the camper. Getting old, so need the slower pace that staying at the campground accommodates lol

Upvote 0

JohnD

We are going back for my families 8th trip since 2010. Figured we’d get this one knocked out before it gets to a point where I have to pick which kid looks like they can do with only one kidney. I make more than double what I made when I took my family in 2010, but I never feel broker than when we go to the World. First world problems.

Cast of characters:
Writer: 41 year old married father of 3. 8th trip as adult + 3 as a kid.
- DW: 43 years old. This will be her 8th trip.
- DS: 17 year old. This will be his 8th trip. Will be graduating high school in May.
- DD#1: 14 years old. 8th trip.
-DD#2: 10 years old. 6th trip.

Specifics of trips:
- 7 nights booked at Art of Animation. We are considering changing to either POR or CBR. We’ve never done AoA, but have enjoyed it from a far. We’ve stayed at POR and CBR before and love both.
- 5 park days (1 freebie we were given at the end of our last trip).
- 1 park day at Universal mid trip. We did Uni for the first time in June of 2020 and absolutely loved it.

At present, our days break down like this:
December 31st: travel/Disney Springs day
January 1st: MK
January 2nd: AK
January 3rd: UNI
January 4th:MK
January 5th: DHS
January 6th: MK

I’ll give more details as these firm up. At present, this will be the first time I’ve ever skipped EPCOT. Growing up, and into adulthood, that was my favorite park. But if I want to get yelled at by a drunk guy at a construction site, I’d stay home. Beyond that, we are going to hop at UNI but not at the world. And I’m leaning towards paying for the upcharge Six Flags upgrade the aforementioned Chapek is introducing with Lightning Pass.

You have MK three times. Maybe on 1/4, change your park reservation to EP to do some things there. That gives you the option to stay the whole day or decide to hop to MK at 2pm if you want. I can understand wanting to start and end your trip in MK, though.

Upvote 0

jharvey

Original Poster
I'd give EP a chance. On my recent trip there was no one yelling at the work sites at anyone or being visibly, falling down drunk. And that was during the F&W events. On past trips I will admit Ive seen a few who have abuse their alcohol but not to the extent that gets talked about on the forums. Sure there are some incidents but I think it gets vastly over reported as a drunk fest, you can really enjoy what EP has to offer.
Having just visited Uni, yes a day there is worth going toband hopping to each park.
Funny enough, we’ve decided to push Uni to a shorter trip in October. We are mulling adding Epcot, a second Hollywood day, or a Disney springs day. At present, I’m voting for second Hollywood day, with Disney springs seeming to be the consensus pick at present. Ratatouille and via Napoli will probably win out though

Upvote 0

jharvey

Original Poster
I'm with you on the getting priced out of going sentiment... we have already talked about changing how we plan future visits because of the costs involved. Staying at the campground helps, as we can relax and have meals at the camper. Getting old, so need the slower pace that staying at the campground accommodates lol
The good angel, the one on my right shoulder, is telling me inflation, from 2010 to now justifies the increase. The additional attractions justify the cost. In short, my Disney fandom can make me justify anything. It’s the perceived six flagging of the parks that is starting to weigh on me.

Upvote 0

jharvey

Original Poster
You have MK three times. Maybe on 1/4, change your park reservation to EP to do some things there. That gives you the option to stay the whole day or decide to hop to MK at 2pm if you want. I can understand wanting to start and end your trip in MK, though.
In a vacuum you are 100% spot on with the 3 mk days. We typically do 6 or seven days with the break down usually something like 3 mk, 1 or 2 at ep, 1 at ak, and 1 or 2 at Hollywood. In short, our thinking is- first and last day have to be magic kingdom. With those days, especially the last one, usually our shorter days due to travel, we slot in another day in the middle. We are thinking about adding in a hopping option, but we’ve stayed away from that on all but 2 of our previous trips. AK, while amazing, screams out for a park hopper

Upvote 0

jharvey

Original Poster
ADRs tomorrow. I think im in the minority as I miss the 180 day mark for adrs. Aiming for new to us restaurants. The ones we are aiming for are tough to get though-
Homecoming (travel day)
Sanaa (AK day)
Beaches and Cream (any day we can get it)

our safety schools are- Raglan (love it), Skipper (never tried it), Liberty Tree, Crystal Palace (love them both)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom