Disability Access Service (DAS) Updates

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
On the same day that Disney made the Disney Genie / Disney Genie+ announcement, they also added details on the changes/upgrades to the Disability Access Service (DAS) program as well.

The official page on DisneyWorld.com can be found here.

Coming Soon: 2 Exciting New Features

These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program.
Pre-Arrival Registration and Planning via Live Video Chat
This fall, we’re introducing a new option to register virtually with a Cast Member via live video chat as early as 30 days in advance of a park visit.
During your chat with a Cast Member, you’ll also have the opportunity to select up to 2 experiences per day (subject to availability) using our new DAS Advance planning option. Please keep in mind that DAS Advance selections must be booked at least 2 days prior to the day you plan to redeem them, and you will not be able to make selections on the day of your visit.
If the experience you want is available, you’ll be given a one-hour return window to redeem during the day of your visit. Any selections you make will appear as plans on the My Disney Experience app or on this website.
Please note: at this time, live chat will be offered in English only.
Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection Tool
A new way to request return times is also debuting this fall. In lieu of having to physically go to an experience or to a kiosk to obtain a return time from a Cast Member, Guests registered in the DAS program (and their party members) will be able to make return time selections right from the My Disney Experience app during the day of a park visit.

Guests who pre-register for DAS will be able to proceed to the booked attraction to confirm their identity before being able to use DAS, including DAS Advance selections. Guests who pre-register for DAS and use DAS Advance selections will also be able to participate in the existing DAS program, including the option of booking DAS selections using the app when that feature is available this fall.

There is some confusion on the DAS Advance planning option, but it appears that guests with a valid DAS will have the following options for using the DAS program:

• DAS Advance planning - Guests can make two DAS selections per day at least 2 days prior to the day of their visit. If a guest opts to use the DAS Advance planning option, it also appears they will be able to make additional selections on those days using the same day self-selection of cast member selection option.
  • Same-Day DAS Return Time Self-Selection - Guests will be able to secure DAS selections on their phone using the existing My Disney Experience.
  • Same-Day DAS Return Time Cast Member Selection - Guests will be able to visit an attraction and get a return time from the Cast Member at the entrance of the attraction. This is the current way guests utilize the system.

Video chat is now live, you can join the video chat here.

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Important highlights:

Other Considerations

A Guest whose disability is based on the necessity to use a wheelchair or scooter does not need DAS. Depending on the experience, Guests utilizing a wheelchair or scooter will either wait in the standard queue or receive a return time at the attraction that is comparable to the current standby wait. If you’re a Guest who has mobility questions or concerns, please view Services for Guests with Mobility Disabilities.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
What happens if any of the statements made by a Guest in the process of registering for DAS are found to be not true?

If Disney determines that any of the statements a Guest made in the process of obtaining DAS are not true, the Guest will be permanently barred from entering Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort, and any previously purchased annual passes, Magic Key passes, tickets and other park products and services will be forfeited and not refunded.

Ok, so to make sure I'm understanding this correctly -

We can either make selections for 2 rides per day only, upto 30 days in advance

OR

Wait until we are there and book one ride at a time via MDE

But not both?

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Ok, so to make sure I'm understanding this correctly -

We can either make selections for 2 rides per day only, upto 30 days in advance

OR

Wait until we are there and book one ride at a time via MDE

But not both?
That is my understanding, but I have not seen that question pointedly asked and answered by Disney.

Dave B

It just doesn't sound right, it seems like you are restricting someone with a disability if they want to plan ahead, I am thinking you get the two and cannot get a third until those are used?

It just doesn't sound right, it seems like you are restricting someone with a disability if they want to plan ahead, I am thinking you get the two and cannot get a third until those are used?
That's what I'm hoping.

It also hasn't been clarified ( as far as I've read) if one or both of your pre booked rides can be a tier 1?

EPCOT-O.G.

I'm not familiar with DAS, but while the DAS Advance seems like a good thing, it's benefits - only 2 rides, that's it - seems pretty limited?

It seems the new DAS system is not as beneficial to those who had previously used it. It's a shame, but wonder if its curtailing is as a result of fraud/abuse, or rather (more likely) keeping it in line with the benefits offered to other guests.

JaxFLBear

Further down the DAS page at disneyworld.com is this:
What is DAS Advance and how does it work?
DAS Advance is a new, enhanced feature coming to the popular DAS program this fall. During the DAS Advance video conference, Guests will be able to select and book up to 2 DAS Advance selections for each day of their visit (subject to availability).

If a selection is available, the Guest will be given a one-hour time period during the day of the visit to redeem the selection. Selections are valid for use only on the date and during the one-hour time period chosen and cannot be transferred. Guests who do not pre-register for DAS will not be eligible to receive the DAS Advance selections.

Guests who pre-register for DAS will be able to proceed to the booked attraction to confirm their identity before being able to use DAS, including DAS Advance selections. Guests who pre-register for DAS and use DAS Advance selections will also be able to participate in the existing DAS program, including the option of booking DAS selections using the app when that feature is available this fall.

The last sentence implies that you can make advance selections and day of selections.

I was also hoping that for those of us that have used DAS on previous trips, the video call should just be a quick formality just to check if the persons needs are still the same. I'm assuming that in the depths of my MDE file it will be listed that we have used DAS on previous trips.

DAS Advance is a new, enhanced feature coming to the popular DAS program this fall. During the DAS Advance video conference, Guests will be able to select and book up to 2 DAS Advance selections for each day of their visit (subject to availability).

If a selection is available, the Guest will be given a one-hour time period during the day of the visit to redeem the selection. Selections are valid for use only on the date and during the one-hour time period chosen and cannot be transferred. Guests who do not pre-register for DAS will not be eligible to receive the DAS Advance selections.

The last sentence implies that you can make advance selections and day of selections.

That's more encouraging, thankyou

RSoxNo1

Original Poster

Thank you, first post updated.

Indy_UK

I can’t make head or tail of this new DAS system. Can you have this and Genie+?

I really want to do it for our son who is 6 and is currently in the diagnosis process for Autism. We visited a local theme park recently and he really did struggle with the wait times.
I know Disney can’t ask for proof of his condition but on the surface, you may not see anything, especially on a 10 min video chat.
Last thing I want is Disney think I’m trying to play the system and ban us

dothebrdwalk

I can’t make head or tail of this new DAS system. Can you have this and Genie+?

I really want to do it for our son who is 6 and is currently in the diagnosis process for Autism. We visited a local theme park recently and he really did struggle with the wait times.
I know Disney can’t ask for proof of his condition but on the surface, you may not see anything, especially on a 10 min video chat.
Last thing I want is Disney think I’m trying to play the system and ban us
You would have the lawsuit of lawsuits if that were the case. Guarantee they will be understanding. Disney does not want to mess with any of this stuff in a way that would put them in a negative light.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom