ADR CHECK-IN/REASSIGNMENT

tommcp516

Original Poster
Does the actual person who books an ADR have to physically check-in (i.e. get their Magicband scanned in by a host) before the party is seated? I know that the 'booker' is sent a text within a hour or so before the reservation time with an opportunity to check in for the party, but after they do that does the restaurant require an additional confirmation that the 'booker' is a member of the party before they're brought to the table?

If Person A makes an ADR for 4 people (A, B, C, & D) at Tiffins on Jan 1st at noon, and on the day of decides they're not hungry, can A still virtually check-in for the party (modifying it to a party of three: B, C, & D) when they get the text that morning? In other words, can B, C, & D still get seated for a meal under A's ADR if A is not physically at the restaurant at noon?

If not, is there any way ahead of time that A can re-assign their ADR to B, C or D so that one of them could do the pre-noon check in and be seated without A being present?

TLDR: I know that A can designate B, C, & D as the three other members on the ADR in MDE, and can virtually confirm check in via text beforehand, but will the ADR still be honored if A is not physically at the restaurant and just B, C, & D arrive at noon?

Thanks for any feedback.

Weather_Lady

It happens all the time that one member of a party isn't feeling well or otherwise is unable to show up for a reservation. That's no problem. Just make sure to tell the "check-in" person at the restaurant that your party is complete, so they don't mistakenly think you're waiting for that last person to show up, and delay seating you.

tommcp516

Original Poster
It happens all the time that one member of a party isn't feeling well or otherwise is unable to show up for a reservation. That's no problem. Just make sure to tell the "check-in" person at the restaurant that your party is complete, so they don't mistakenly think you're waiting for that last person to show up, and delay seating you.
Thanks.
I was just wondering if the other members of the party can be seated if the holder of the actual ADR doesn't show up.

Weather_Lady

Thanks.
I was just wondering if the other members of the party can be seated if the holder of the actual ADR doesn't show up.
Yes. All they need is the name of the lead guest (and ideally, the time of the reservation) to give the hostess, even if the other guests aren't linked to it on MDE. If you're really worried, the primary guest could screenshot the confirmation number in their MDE and send it to one of the other party members, although I can't imagine that ever being necessary.

danyoung56

For some reason, the WDW Reservations system sometimes will accept a party of 2 but not a party of one. As a single park stormer, I'll just tell the hostess that there will only be one dining tonight. I've never had a problem. Not totally germane to the question you asked, but good to know.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Yes. All they need is the name of the lead guest (and ideally, the time of the reservation) to give the hostess, even if the other guests aren't linked to it on MDE. If you're really worried, the primary guest could screenshot the confirmation number in their MDE and send it to one of the other party members, although I can't imagine that ever being necessary.
We actually ALWAYS share Res numbers with our invited guests. A "just in case" :).

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

For some reason, the WDW Reservations system sometimes will accept a party of 2 but not a party of one. As a single park stormer, I'll just tell the hostess that there will only be one dining tonight. I've never had a problem. Not totally germane to the question you asked, but good to know.
Totally true - and in no way an "abuse" of the Dining System. Folks, there is no such thing as a Restaurant "One Top" - unless you are sitting at a counter.

There are "two tops" and "four tops". These can generally be expanded. There are even places with dedicated 8 tops :).
So - two adults & a high chair? Yup, that can fit a two top. THREE adults? Nope, need a Four top. FOUR Adults & a high chair? A little tight, but a Four Top works....

It really helps to understand how a Restaurant is actually put together. Think standard table infrastructure, more than Party Size.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom