Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

I can just see guest relations having to explain to guests that some attractions are part of the $15 lightning lane and others are per-ride, and can only get one of one type at a time and two of the other type at a time, and....it will be too much for some people.
It’s so over complicated it’s ridiculous.

terminology, timing, method of delivery, you name it, they made it a pain in the a.

MurphyJoe

It’s still too early to tell how Genie+ is going to affect those in the know when it comes to LL access. I think it won’t be as bad as many people seem to think simply because most people don’t or won’t optimize their touring to take advantage of it. Unlike FP+ which happened at home for the initial 3, Genie+ has you book as you go. Visitors then must either remember to book the next one after the cool-down period (if Disney doesn’t provide a notification that the window has opened; how many people are going to set a 2-hour alarm?) or remember to book their next one after use. When it comes to booking LL selections, in general people traveling as a group will need to reach some level of consensus before the attraction is chosen. Seeing the different return times versus the proximity of the attractions will influence which attraction is picked. There’s also the potential of groups not choosing any attraction due to the return times being out by a few hours. Then with the first attraction of the day, FOMO or personal favorites will probably rule. This means there’ll be a whole slew of Genie+ users unable to book LL for top attractions later in the day when it’d be more useful.

arich35

This may have been discussed and I missed it, but access to Genie+ will never run out. What that means is you will *always* be able to buy Genie+. It doesn't mean there will still be attraction availability.
I am sure if the demand is there they will add more lightning lane passes

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I keep thinking back and forth between the idea of "people are clueless generally and would benefit from a touring plan like this" and "people know which attractions are the must-do or popular ones so they want to do those no matter what"

flynnibus

Premium Member
But… that’s kinda misleading. Obviously we can’t look at current park hours because things have not yet returned to normal. But there were certainly many days pre-Covid that the parks including the Magic Kingdom were open late. If you go back and look at historic park hours before parties or after hours events existed there were still days that the magic kingdom closed at 6 or 7 PM.
Still no denying the reduced hours before pandemic and not just on party dates. The trend is real y0

Trauma

Looks like ILL rides are not available for the pre-arrival selection.

Can someone explain this to me like I’m a Golden Retriever?

We use DAS when I travel with my Mom.

This pre arrival selection, is it 2 rides from the list during your trip or 2 rides a day, what the heck is it?

If you have rides “pre selected” can you still use Genie + ?

Can you get a conventional return time with DAS and also receive a Genie+ return time for another attraction?

flynnibus

Premium Member
People are overcomplicating this themselves because they are still trying to think how to optimize everything to get the most of it... when they are glossing over "what if disney wants it to be adhoc and makes it so it can be?". People are so fixated on planning they are freaking out they can't plan it... when maybe they won't need to?

Disney is selling IAS - that means Disney is motivated to ensure they have capacity to sell. Sold out IAS == not making any more money.

Genie+ = need someone to ride to make it worth your buy. So again, Disney is motivated to ensure there is stuff available. The constraints on how many, re-rides, timing, etc all support this. They want someone who bought G+ to have reasonable options available to them... that again means keeping availability out there.

If there is availability you don't need to stress so much about what is the earliest I can use up all my opportunities.

Vegas Disney Fan

Can someone explain this to me like I’m a Golden Retriever?

We use DAS when I travel with my Mom.

This pre arrival selection, is it 2 rides from the list during your trip or 2 rides a day, what the heck is it?

If you have rides “pre selected” can you still use Genie + ?

Can you get a conventional return time with DAS and also receive a Genie+ return time for another attraction?
Sounds like you can preselect two rides per day, after that it works like before, you go to a CM and get a return time based on the current wait time.

My guess is it will be completely separate from Genie+ rides just like FP was never linked to DAS either.

Rickcat96

1634121934765.png

Genie plus will fail because the IT is horrible, Never had I had such a issue with doing the basic's of making ADRs for a trip

1634122051140.png

45 minutes into trying to make dining reservations and still cant make one.

Fido Chuckwagon

View attachment 593170
Genie plus will fail because the IT is horrible, Never had I had such a issue with doing the basic's of making ADRs for a trip

View attachment 593171

45 minutes into trying to make dining reservations and still cant make one.
12-14 is outside the 60 day window (unless you’re staying onsite). There is currently a bug where it looks like you can book up to 6 months, but then you get the error you are getting when you try.

pdude81

Thanks, using 2 PCs wife account on 1 mine on the other, also have phone and Ipad up. never seen this before. Called dining line at 7am-90 min wait. Using Chrome, Brave and Edge,
Make sure you can see your reservation in mde. Sometimes i forget to link. All one hotel stay, right?

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
No. Park hours are based on forecasted park attendance and have been for decades. Everyone loves to point out days long ago where the parks closed at midnight but ignore that MK was also closing at 6pm many nights.
I remember going in October as a kid in 1988, and MK closing between 6 during the week and 7 on weekends. Big reason that for our next trip my family decided to go in April.

Epcot though always seemed to close at 9.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No. Park hours are based on forecasted park attendance and have been for decades. Everyone loves to point out days long ago where the parks closed at midnight but ignore that MK was also closing at 6pm many nights.

yes, because july is the dead of tourist season and all…. Spin all you want…. Hours were cut down… never mind the reduction in EMH

gone are the days of worries over the park not having enough downtime due to excessive late hours and early opening. And it’s not due to reduced forecasts…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom