Mobile order question?

Jon81uk

If you are staying on site you will get a hold on your card unless you tell the front desk to turn off the ability to charge to your room account.

dreday3

Original Poster
If you are staying on site you will get a hold on your card unless you tell the front desk to turn off the ability to charge to your room account.

So then mobile ordering is like charging back to your room? I thought that was only if you use your magic band and if when you mobile ordered, it just charged the card immediately.

Aaargh! :D

Jon81uk

So then mobile ordering is like charging back to your room? I thought that was only if you use your magic band and if when you mobile ordered, it just charged the card immediately.

Aaargh! :D
No mobile ordering has nothing to do with room charges it just charges the card immediately.

But my understanding is if you want to avoid the hold on your card when staying on site you need to tell the front desk.

monorail81

Just to recap - if I use my credit card linked to my checking account for Mobile Order - they won't be placing the $100 holds like they do when you use your Magic Band to pay for things?

That's what I'm trying to avoid when utilizing mobile ordering. If mobile ordering does require holds, then I would use a different cc with a bigger spending limit.

Sorry so many questions...
My experience has been that it pends the card I use immediately the amount of the order. Not more than the order. Then, it will officially charge the card after I actually confirm that I am there and they make the food.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Just to recap - if I use my credit card linked to my checking account for Mobile Order - they won't be placing the $100 holds like they do when you use your Magic Band to pay for things?

That's what I'm trying to avoid when utilizing mobile ordering. If mobile ordering does require holds, then I would use a different cc with a bigger spending limit.

Sorry so many questions...
No they charge the exact amount just like when you paid at the register.

mf1972

trying to add the 2 visa debit/gift cards i got from my bank onto my MDE account & keep getting an error…please try again 🤬

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom