Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

dreday3

For a family of 5 to ride RoTR it's $75! that's almost an entire full day park ticket! And that's just one ride. I hope as a whole it fails, but I REALLY hope the individual rides fail miserably. Unfortunately there is a sucker born every minute yelling "TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!" I'm so happy we're headed to Disneyland in the spring and then hopefully turning away completely from the parks to Disney Cruise Line. DCL used be a ton more expensive than WDW or DL trips but now with all these upcharges, DCL is almost the same price but with MUCH better service!!

And so it begins... 😂

Chi84

Premium Member
I hope your prediction is right! People need to STAND FIRM and NOT buy into this. Get there at rope drop for one of the 2 pay per ride attractions and then hop in line for the second one at park closing. There you won't be wasting time waiting while the park is open. We do this every time we go to DCA for Radiator Springs Racers. Park closes at 9, hop in line at 8:55.
I think this is for the people who do not want to get to the parks at rope drop or necessarily stay until park closing. Not everyone vacations the same way.

CaptainAmerica

I think this is for the people who do not want to get to the parks at rope drop or necessarily stay until park closing. Not everyone vacations the same way.
Also, some people have more money than other people. And the people with more money have better vacations than people with less money.

And that's okay! I don't stay in Bay Lake Tower Grand Villas, so my room is much smaller than people who do.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

I read your comment as meaning that for 90% participation in Genie+, at least 90% of the guests there at the time would have to know what it is. It's likely that far fewer than 90% will know about the system.
the bachelor abc GIF

Casper Gutman

I'm saying "it will not be the case that a full 90% are aware of Genie+."

I am not saying "it will be the case that a full 90% are unaware of Genie+."

What I'm saying: Aware < 90%
What I'm not saying: Unaware = 90%
The statement, as you wrote it, is unclear, but it’s a WDW message board and doesn’t matter much anyway.

I think both versions are incorrect, however.

Jrb1979

My prediction is that within 6 months one of two things happens:
* ILL is gone and rolled into Genie+, OR
* ILL is down to one attraction per park - Rise, FoP, 7DMT (to be replaced by Tron) and Guardians.
I doubt they change it at all. The best I see is them lower the price.

CaptainAmerica

My prediction is that within 6 months one of two things happens:
* ILL is gone and rolled into Genie+, OR
* ILL is down to one attraction per park - Rise, FoP, 7DMT (to be replaced by Tron) and Guardians.
I think the second option is the smartest play. Limit IAS to the attractions people are ACTUALLY willing to pay for, and increase the perceived value of Genie+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom