News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just for the comparison of different days and seasons, I made a chart. It clearly shows that the event starts every two day without breaks.

1633622889541.png

1633622935899.png

1633622965028.png

1633623017027.png

syandell2000

It's worth keeping in mind: this use of points is bad for any exchange in DVC-- staying at ANY Disney hotel on property that's not DVC (but with points) is a bad idea. It's part of "Disney exchange" collection, I think-- and there's a $95 fee included. You can stay at All-Star Sports with DVC points, for example, but you'd see outrageous comparisons there too (for what the points would buy you in a regular DVC hotel).
I'm hoping this initial DVC experiment with Starcruiser will pass quickly and then we'll just be discussing cash value of the experience... shocking on its own, but an easier discussion for us all to share.

Chip Chipperson

View attachment 591683View attachment 591684
That's *per person.*

For those of you unfamiliar with DVC points charts... a solo traveler on a Galactic Starcruiser itinerary is going to pay the equivalent of:

10 nights in a 2 bedroom ocean view villa at Aulani in November.

36 nights an a savannah view studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge in summer.

THE ENTIRE MONTHS OF SEPTEMBER AND JANUARY COMBINED in an Old Key West Studio.

I selfishly hope that people out there will book it at those point levels just because it frees up more rooms at other resorts for me to pick from at the 7-month mark. That points chart is insane, though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Kind of grinds my gears that they are ready to open this before Tron or Guardians and barely opened Rat before it when all of that stuff was announced first. But I suppose Tron doesn't charge a thousand dollars per night, so who cares if you're Disney, right?
Depending on which insider you ask, one or both of TRON and Rewind will be open in the Spring. So... maybe one or both will be open by the first Galactic Cruise.

JaxFLBear

I selfishly hope that people out there will book it at those point levels just because it frees up more rooms at other resorts for me to pick from at the 7-month mark. That points chart is insane, though.
Using points for a Disney Collection Reservation (which this is) will not free up DVC rooms. DVC converts those points to a room and turns it over to CRO to be reserved for cash.

Chip Chipperson

Using points for a Disney Collection Reservation (which this is) will not free up DVC rooms. DVC converts those points to a room and turns it over to CRO to be reserved for cash.

Interesting. I thought Disney had to wait until a DVC room went unbooked a certain number of days out from a reservation to rent it out for cash (i.e., if the # of days is 60, then they can't book a DVC room at BLT for cash more than 60 days in advance). So in your scenario, if someone owns 1,200 points at BLT and converts them to book a Galactic Starcruiser stay, DVC can then immediately take the equivalent of the number of room nights those 1,200 points could book and take them out of the available rotation?

JaxFLBear

Interesting. I thought Disney had to wait until a DVC room went unbooked a certain number of days out from a reservation to rent it out for cash (i.e., if the # of days is 60, then they can't book a DVC room at BLT for cash more than 60 days in advance).
That's called breakage and a portion of any monies received from the reservation is reported as income on the annual report for the condo association.

So in your scenario, if someone owns 1,200 points at BLT and converts them to book a Galactic Starcruiser stay, DVC can then immediately take the equivalent of the number of room nights those 1,200 points could book and take them out of the available rotation?
Correct. For Disney Collection Reservations, the monies received from the CRO reservation is used to pay for the exchange.

corran horn

I was actually thinking about Grand Villa opportunities in September. For two adults, if available, 590 points would allow you to reserve a Grand Villa at AKV, BWV, OKW, or SSR for 8 days and 7 nights. An additional 16 and 30 points would allow you to reserve a Grand Villa at BLT or Cabin at CCV, respectively.

It would be more economical to rent one's points, through David's, for example, and pay cash.
This is what it came down to for us. Eating an entire vacation's worth of Grand Villa at OKW (supporting 3 families) is a little too steep. We'll wait for the Disney VISA date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom