• Happily Ever After

Votes: 48 90.6%
  • Disney Enchantment

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I haven't seen Enchantment in person yet so that doesn't help visuals, but just from narrative and songs and evoked emotions I prefer HEA. HEA talks about bravery, looking inside our hearts to find who we are meant to be (implying we find different things, are different people, etc), and being actionable to follow dreams. Enchantment goes back to old Disney "believe in a wish your heart makes" stuff by saying that the magic is already there and you just need to believe. It's not terrible, just a step backwards from HEA.

While I prefer HEA's original song the Enchantment one grows on me each time I listen. As a whole the Enchanted arrangement doesn't quite come together as well. A lot of it may because it feels more forced with specific goals (like early and heavy minority princess movie songs) instead on songs seemingly more organically arranged songs in HEA. I also find that Angela Basset overactive the Enchantment narrative.

All that said my long term personal opinion will 100% be dependent on my kids' enjoyment and our memories as a family. I loved HEA partially because it's our family's show and we have special memories attached to it. Assuming my kids like Enchantment and we make more memories I'll end up with positive feelings about the whole thing.

Musical Mermaid

I had some issues with Happily Ever After, but after seeing Enchantment in person, I’d pick Happily Ever After. Enchantment feels so empty, needs different narration, and some of the song choices were strange. I don’t feel like it fits the 50th. If they keep it as is though, I don’t mind since I can always leave the park before fireworks or do other attractions, no biggie.

The Tuna

HEA took a while for me to like it. Huge Wishes fan. But it ended up winning me over. I was expecting more from Enchantment but so far seems meh. But a one off family will probably love it

JIMINYCR

I see I'm in the minority on this one. I enjoyed the extra fireworks and projections as well as the music that went along with it. I was a huge Wishes fan also.

No Name

Original Poster
I haven't seen Enchantment in person yet so that doesn't help visuals, but just from narrative and songs and evoked emotions I prefer HEA. HEA talks about bravery, looking inside our hearts to find who we are meant to be (implying we find different things, are different people, etc), and being actionable to follow dreams. Enchantment goes back to old Disney "believe in a wish your heart makes" stuff by saying that the magic is already there and you just need to believe. It's not terrible, just a step backwards from HEA.
I 100% agree with this.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I see I'm in the minority on this one. I enjoyed the extra fireworks and projections as well as the music that went along with it. I was a huge Wishes fan also.

I wouldn't say that, I enjoy variety, especially after 14+ years of Wishes. Nothing worse than trotting out the same old thing year after year till it becomes the next Rocky Horror sing-along.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm pretty "meh" on both of them, but I like "You Are The Magic" as a song better than "Happily Ever After" as a song.

Also, Disney needs to stop trying to make Joe Gardner a thing. Nobody watched Soul.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I wouldn't say that, I enjoy variety, especially after 14+ years of Wishes. Nothing worse than trotting out the same old thing year after year till it becomes the next Rocky Horror sing-along.
When I got in on the poll it was 23-1, so thats why I said I was in the minority.

valenrandy

Initially HEA for me due to story line and I've experienced it multiple times. Having said that I still need to see DE in person to make a definitive decision as I think it is a good show, just not one worthy of a 50th celebration debut/addition/headliner... (Looking at RDCT)

Fable McCloud

I thought that HEA had a flow and story. Enchantment feels empty. It reminds me of Wishes, but with really slapped on projections. I admit that I'm very attached to HEA, since we saw it on my husband's first WDW trip, and he proposed to me right before. I hope it comes back, we had 14 years of Wishes, and only 2-3 with HEA.

Really I just want HEA back, but with more fireworks. The projections were nicely integrated, and much clearer to see than in Enchantment.

Joesixtoe

I'd probably skip the main street projections as I don't think they come off very well. I'd say the courtyard is your best bet.

Poseidon Quest

Happily Ever After had different focused segments, conveying the themes that defined Disney stories and characters. Like Harmonious, Enchantment is just a bunch of Disney songs slapped together in a lazy way with nothing to connect them other than the most superficial relations. I believe at one point, Under the Sea is played to convey aquatic Disney characters and You've Got a Friend in Me is played to represent Pixar properties, with Wreck-It Ralph thrown in for no reason. It's just a lazy show. Not necessarily a bad one as I'm sure many will find it "entertaining", but when I come to Disney, I expect attractions and shows that also display artistic merit.

Joesixtoe

Enchantment is a more fierce/somewhat darker in tone show. Not bad, but not great. This being a 50th anniversary show, it focuses to much on the now and not much on the celebratory years that got it here.

Kramerica

We saw enchantment this last Saturday night. It’s technically fine. The Main Street projections, spotlight beams, lasers and pyrotechnics are all pretty good. My big problem with this show is the content. I was under the impression that this show was created for the 50th anniversary of the WDW resort. So why is it just the same old movie soundtracks you seem to get with every other show? Where is the haunted mansion theme? Where’s the iconic Epcot music? No parks related content AT ALL? It makes NO sense to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom