Mobile order question?

dreday3

Original Poster
I haven't been where we used mobile order yet at Disney.

From what I understand - it just uses the card you have on file? And treats it like charging back to room (like magic band?)

What if I didn't want to charge it back to the room. Can I use a different credit card and treat it just like a "normal immediate" transaction?

thanks!

G00fyDad

From Disney directly:

"Order and Prepay Using Our App
Begin by selecting "+" and then choose “Order Food.” Pick an available restaurant, select your arrival time and then make your selections. You can even customize certain menu items to your taste. After you’ve reviewed your details, pay for your order using a credit card, debit card, Disney Gift Card, Disney Rewards Redemption Card, Apple Pay or Disney dining plan."

I would imagine that this is not necessarily directly linked to your room purchase card. Not everyone uses room charging and they would like as many people as possible to use mobile ordering so I am sure you choose a payment method at the end of the sale.

dreday3

Original Poster
From Disney directly:

"Order and Prepay Using Our App
Begin by selecting "+" and then choose “Order Food.” Pick an available restaurant, select your arrival time and then make your selections. You can even customize certain menu items to your taste. After you’ve reviewed your details, pay for your order using a credit card, debit card, Disney Gift Card, Disney Rewards Redemption Card, Apple Pay or Disney dining plan."

I would imagine that this is not necessarily directly linked to your room purchase card. Not everyone uses room charging and they would like as many people as possible to use mobile ordering so I am sure you choose a payment method at the end of the sale.

Thanks!

It is not related to room charge. I have one CC for the room/magicband and another on my app for merchandise/food charges. The food purchase shows up as any other purchase on your CC as ABC Commissary, etc. Enjoy using the Mobile Order!

dreday3

Original Poster
It is not related to room charge. I have one CC for the room/magicband and another on my app for merchandise/food charges. The food purchase shows up as any other purchase on your CC as ABC Commissary, etc. Enjoy using the Mobile Order!

Oh great, thanks!

mf1972

i was planning on putting a few hundred on a gift card & link it to the app to pay for our meals & snacks. i’ll just use cash for souvenirs.

JaxFLBear

i was planning on putting a few hundred on a gift card & link it to the app to pay for our meals & snacks. i’ll just use cash for souvenirs.
Disney Gift Cards can't be saved in the MDE mobile app. You would need to enter the gift card number every time you want to use it pay for a mobile food order. If you save it in a notes app, you could copy and paste the number.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I haven't been where we used mobile order yet at Disney.

From what I understand - it just uses the card you have on file? And treats it like charging back to room (like magic band?)

What if I didn't want to charge it back to the room. Can I use a different credit card and treat it just like a "normal immediate" transaction?

thanks!
It is ALWAYS a "normal immediate" transaction. Your room folio has nothing to do with it, and can't even if you wanted it to.

mf1972

Gift Cards can't be saved in the MDE mobile app. You would need to enter the gift card number every time you want to use it pay for a mobile food order. If you save it in a notes app, you could copy and paste the number.
didn’t know that. thanks 👍

G00fyDad

Gift Cards can't be saved in the MDE mobile app. You would need to enter the gift card number every time you want to use it pay for a mobile food order. If you save it in a notes app, you could copy and paste the number.

So if I got a VISA gift card it will not save? Not talking about a Disney gift card.

G00fyDad

You should be able to save gift cards with a Visa/MasterCard/AMEX/etc. logo. Disney Gift Cards can't be saved.

Okay. I don't do Disney gift cards. Can I save more than one card in the app? I thought about putting all of my food budget on customizable VISA gift cards but then I didn't want to end up with $6 left on one and try to explain to the CM that they needed to use $6 off one and put the rest on another. Kinda seemed "ratchet" to me.

JaxFLBear

Okay. I don't do Disney gift cards. Can I save more than one card in the app? I thought about putting all of my food budget on customizable VISA gift cards but then I didn't want to end up with $6 left on one and try to explain to the CM that they needed to use $6 off one and put the rest on another. Kinda seemed "ratchet" to me.
You can store up to 6 cards using the MDE website and then select from them during check-out while doing a mobile food order. Not sure if the app can use multiple cards for a single transaction.

G00fyDad

You can't add a gift card to mobile pay for quick service.

You can add it to google pay - so for shopping at stores, you can pull it up on your google pay and use it that way.

I wish I could just go to the register and pay for my food! Darn technology! 😂

I know about Disney gift cards but you can add a gift card if it is a VISA or MC gift card.

These are the ones I was thinking of getting:
Food Card 2(1).jpg

Food Card 1(1).jpg

Food Card 3(1).jpg

MickeyLuv'r

You can't add a gift card to mobile pay for quick service.

You can add it to google pay - so for shopping at stores, you can pull it up on your google pay and use it that way.

I wish I could just go to the register and pay for my food! Darn technology! 😂
In the past, you could not use a Disney gift card with mobile order, but now you can. You just can't store the gift card number in the system. You have to enter the card number each time you use it.

The other thing to know when using a gift card is that you can't use TWO gift cards to pay for a 1 mobile order. So if your order is $50, but the gift card only has a balance of $45, the rest of the balance will go on the default credit card that is listed in the Mobile order system. I'm not 100% positive, but I think you have to give provide Mobile order with a cc to use the system. But then when you go to place an order- you can choose how you want to pay. You can choose to use the default card- OR - a different payment method - such as the gift card or a different credit card. (assuming the gift card balance is enough to pay for the whole order.)

If anyone plans to use a git card with mobile order, I suggest getting one big gift card, rather than multiple small ones. Small $25 gift cards aren't very useful when using mobile order. Suppose you order one meal :$17 entrée combo+$4drink+plus tax.. You'd have $4 left over, and there's almost no WDW food that costs under $4. If you have 2 people, good luck ordering 2 WDW entrees for under $25.

If, on the other hand, you have a $200 gift card, you can keep using that one card for multiple orders.

One tip I like when using gift cards is to carry a mini-sharpie. Sharpie works well to write on the card the remaining balance, and/or an big X when the card is empty. In some cases, you have to keep the empty card, because items you return go back on that card.

The mini Sharpies are nice and small for WDW. Regular one would be fine too. The mini ones are sold at craft and hardware stores. Usually they are right next to the registers, where stores sell candy/batteries/impulse-buys.

Another simple way to keep track of the balance on a gift card while at WDW is simply to wrap the most recent receipt around the gift card. The remaining balance is print on it.

Last edited:

Gaston's gal

Just to 'piggyback' the Disney gift card comments, you can use Disney gift cards to pay for your resort and for sit down meals. I have several clients that like to pay for their Disney vacation like this. Mobile Ordering your QS meals is definitely the way to go right now. You can place your order as soon as you enter the park that day so you don't lose the time slot you want. It is especially good to do this if it is really crowded. Have fun!

dreday3

Original Poster
Just to recap - if I use my credit card linked to my checking account for Mobile Order - they won't be placing the $100 holds like they do when you use your Magic Band to pay for things?

That's what I'm trying to avoid when utilizing mobile ordering. If mobile ordering does require holds, then I would use a different cc with a bigger spending limit.

Sorry so many questions...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom