Premium Member
Original Poster
"This was the first watercraft to join the motor cruiser fleet since the 90’s."

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 3.14.49 PM.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the DPB post about the new watercraft -

"The cruiser is called Tradewinds, a name that was chosen by Walt Disney Imagineering and voted on by watercraft cast members. “Trade Winds” refers to the nearly constant wind that blows across the equator. And it’s the perfect name for this new vessel, since watercraft cast members have constantly delivered remarkable guest service across Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon since the fleet was launched."

“This is a really big deal for our cast,” Collin agreed. “The last time we had an addition to our Resort fleet was 1993. The fact that we have this new vessel is huge.”

JoeCamel

"“Trade Winds” refers to the nearly constant wind that blows across the equator."

No it doesn't, the doldrums are along the equator with almost no winds

Disone

I saw tradewinds from a distance last week before the media press event started. At the time I assumed it was repainted, not a new addition.

Kind of exciting. Now I am wondering, how many cruises does Bay Lake have and are there more on the way.

Also can we get a friendship? They are okay traversing the WS lagoon but for WS to DHS feels like a three hour cruise, a three hour cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom