Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSH

It’s technically not illegal to ask for vaccine status, a business just cannot deny access based solely on it. An easy work around which is still legal would be to require a negative Covid test to enter the restaurant and then allow an exception if you show proof of vaccination. That would not violate the FL law since an unvaccinated person is not being denied access. Disney could implement that as their plan if they wanted and it would be perfectly legal.
sure wish restaurants and other businesses in FL would do this. But doubt it'll ever happen. Every business is scared of anti-vaxxers more than they care about patron safety. Or that's the way it seems to me anyway, as no one requires masks, test results, etc.

BrianLo

Hope they cover Bactrim. Bet they don't.

Wait, is this the latest miracle cure?

Its an antibiotic, used all the time. Probably has been thrown at people randomly all throughout the pandemic.

Comments like this honestly might as well say ‘I hope they talk about Tylenol, but I bet they won’t’.

The actual drugs to watch are the new antivirals. Those could move the treatment needle.

ABQ

sure wish restaurants and other businesses in FL would do this. But doubt it'll ever happen. Every business is scared of anti-vaxxers more than they care about patron safety. Or that's the way it seems to me anyway, as no one requires masks, test results, etc.
If every business was scared of any vaxxers, why would they NOT require a mask indoor just as Disney does?

It's not that complicated.

Wear a mask as much as possible especially when distancing isn't possible.

No one is arguing that masks can be used 100% of the time. It's about minimizing risk, not eliminating it completely.

Are crowded restaurants a thing? Every restaurant I still go to has reduced seating and/or plexiglass between tables. Plus vaccine check at the door.
Talking about WDW restaurants

Heppenheimer

Its an antibiotic, used all the time. Probably has been thrown at people randomly all throughout the pandemic.

Comments like this honestly might as well say ‘I hope they talk about Tylenol, but I bet they won’t’.

The actual drugs to watch are the new antivirals. Those could move the treatment needle.
I haven't dove into it completely, but apparently there was a disagreement between Dr. Faucci and ACT-UP on the use of bactrim as a prophylactic against Pneumocystis pneumonia in HIV+ patients back relatively early in the AIDS epidemic (long before effective antiviral treatments existed). The brief info I skimmed mentioned that ACT-UP wanted all HIV patients to receive bactrim prophylaxis if there was a localized Pneumocystis outbreak near where they lived, whereas Faucci thought it should be reserved for those who met more strict criteria. I don't know what exactly Faucci advocated at the time, but the current guidelines for prophylaxis mostly restrict prophylaxis to patient's whose CD4 counts fall below certain thresholds. So, today's guidelines probably fall more along the lines of what Faucci recommended than what ACT-UP wanted.

And yes, certain trolls continue to troll. We should stop feeding them.

Heppenheimer

It's not that complicated.

Wear a mask as much as possible especially when distancing isn't possible.

No one is arguing that masks can be used 100% of the time. It's about minimizing risk, not eliminating it completely.

Are crowded restaurants a thing? Every restaurant I still go to has reduced seating and/or plexiglass between tables. Plus vaccine check at the door.
Voila. Perfect should not be the enemy of good.

DisneyDebRob

A very positive article in NY Times!

"The share of Americans 12 and over who have received at least one vaccine shot has reached 76 percent, and the growing number of vaccine mandates — along with the likely authorization of the Pfizer vaccine for children ages 5 to 11 — will increase the number of vaccinations this fall. Almost as important, something like one-half of Americans have probably had the Covid virus already, giving them some natural immunity."
Who would have thought that maybe mandates might work. Let’s bring in passports and really get this vaccine kicking.

Lilofan

We ate at Sci-Fi while we were there and since we had 8 people we got one of those larger cars towards the back. There wasn‘t another table within 10 feet of us. Pretty well spaced naturally. The only thing close together were the stand alone tables in the very back that weren’t actual cars. They have a few of those but they were empty while we were there so maybe not using them.
A tidbit on DHS Sci Fi is the license plates of each of those drive in cars in the theatre are the initials of the WDI cast that brought Sci Fi to life at DHS.

Heppenheimer

Who would have thought that maybe mandates might work. Let’s bring in passports and really get this vaccine kicking.
Paywall, so I can't read it. But I hope the main reason is because the virus has hit a vaccinated wall and starting to run out of susceptible hosts. Otherwise, if this is just one of those temporary ebbs, I fear certain people will declare premature victory yet again, and we'll start seeing hospitalizations rise as soon as we start celebrating. We're probably still at least a month or two away from Merck's oral medication receiving EUA, so these next couple of months will be crucial if we really are going to start seeing the end of this.

aliceismad

Where I live, yes. Most restaurants are crowded. Distancing is a thing of the past. Hence why we almost always get take out. I'm glad people have jobs and happy to support good places to eat, but it's much too people-y out there for me sometimes.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In the wintry states it could be possible those outdoor patio heat lamps could be popular to try to warm up the crowds for outdoor dining if indoor dining doesn't happen.
I like eating outside when it’s nice out, but cramming on an outdoor patio with plastic tarps and heat lamps in the dead of Winter isn’t exactly appealing to me. I’ll just do takeout.

Nubs70

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom