Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

Not to mention it’s an age group that feels invincible. I’m amazed I survived my 20s into my early 30s with all the crazy stuff I did.
*Many. Not all of us in that age group feel that way.

I would argue that part of it is that we're also the group that tends to have the worst side effects, and getting time off to recover from it? Yeah, not easy. It took me four days to feel better from the side effects of the vaccine. I'm just lucky because I work from home.

sullyinMT

1633058918618.jpeg

Chip Chipperson

Wow!!! I thought that had to be fake but I searched for it and it's pathetically real. People let this guy tell them what to think??? His Twitter looks like it's run by a lunatic. He's got random vague rants about how evil Ouija boards and tarot cards are and then refuses to say why he brought the subject up, but this takes the cake.

StarWarsGirl

Wow!!! I thought that had to be fake but I searched for it and it's pathetically real. People let this guy tell them what to think??? His Twitter looks like it's run by a lunatic. He's got random vague rants about how evil Ouija boards and tarot cards are and then refuses to say why he brought the subject up, but this takes the cake.
Checking out his Twitter feed like...
winslow-odd-fellow.gif

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I thought the same thing. I have to admit I followed him a few years ago until he got a bit outside my comfort zone, but he was still pretty much sane. This is flat earth stuff.

Lilofan

Not to mention it’s an age group that feels invincible. I’m amazed I survived my 20s into my early 30s with all the crazy stuff I did.
Some young people who have higher percentages of being unvax and possibly anti vax have their young brains hotwired for optimism and tend to ignore cautious advice and warning labels. Like you stated the age group that thinks they are invincible.Yes I was at that age back in the day that thought and lived that lifestyle. Fortunately I grew out of that mindset.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some young people who have higher percentages of being unvax and possibly anti vax have their young brains hotwired for optimism and tend to ignore cautious advice and warning labels. Like you stated the age group that thinks they are invincible.Yes I was at that age back in the day that thought and lived that lifestyle. Fortunately I grew out of that mindset.
The ironic part is back when I was that age a lot of us were putting a lot of “stuff” into our bodies without really knowing or caring what it was. I’m not talking about shooting up heroin or anything that extreme (although some did that too :() but even just stuff like GNC supplements or things like over the counter pills to stay awake.

Heppenheimer

The ironic part is back when I was that age a lot of us were putting a lot of “stuff” into our bodies without really knowing or caring what it was. I’m not talking about shooting up heroin or anything that extreme (although some did that too :() but even just stuff like GNC supplements or things like over the counter pills to stay awake.
Amazing that the people you see on TV stating "I'm not putting something unknown into my body!" (despite everything about the vaccine being extremely well-known and studied) have obviously put quite a bit of unhealthy stuff in their body on a regular basis.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Maybe that’s the answer. We rebrand the vaccines under a different legal entity, Pfizer has thousands of subsidiary entities that people won’t realize it’s still Pfizer. Then don’t call it a vaccine. Call it a “natural immunity treatment“. So roll it out as Wyeth Pharmaceutical‘s Natural Immunity Treatment. People are taking horse de-wormer so they clearly don’t care if what they put in their body is safe or not as long as their talking heads say it’s OK to do.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Amazing that the people you see on TV stating "I'm not putting something unknown into my body!" (despite everything about the vaccine being extremely well-known and studied) have obviously put quite a bit of unhealthy stuff in their body on a regular basis.
Not much different than people being fine with one behavior or action that has some risk, but being scared of something else even though it is less risky. The "unknown" is scary to some I guess, even though 2 minutes of looking into something should get rid of the scary.

DisneyCane

FL is now 13th best in cases per 100k in the last seven days very slightly behind NY and several others grouped together. PA is significantly higher. Hopefully the higher vaccination rates keep the hospitalizations at bay.

Are there any mitigation mandates being brought back in PA based on case counts/community spread?

My prediction from July that FLs case number would return to June levels before the 50th didn't turn out to be correct. The slope of the decline isn't as steep as India was so looks like I'll be off by two week or so.

DisneyCane

Maybe that’s the answer. We rebrand the vaccines under a different legal entity, Pfizer has thousands of subsidiary entities that people won’t realize it’s still Pfizer. Then don’t call it a vaccine. Call it a “natural immunity treatment“. So roll it out as Wyeth Pharmaceutical‘s Natural Immunity Treatment. People are taking horse de-wormer so they clearly don’t care if what they put in their body is safe or not as long as their talking heads say it’s OK to do.
Market it as helping with stamina and have Frank Thomas do commercials for it. You'd get a good chunk of half the population to take it, especially since it is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom