News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

DonaldDoleWhip

Well that was sure worth ruining the view of World Showcase. I am not a fan of Epcot Forever, but I did get chills from some of the musical sections of it. That's more thanI can say about this...medley
Agreed. Still need to see this in person to see how the music 'feels' at full volume, but while I enjoyed some of the arrangements (Lion King, Coco, and Brave come to mind), I'm not sure anything will match the ToN plus Golden Dream segment of EF.

Dreamer76

This is a huge miss. It's just not enough for it to be visual stunning. They have the capacity to do both. Story telling and stunning visuals. It's all how you combine elements. The equipment they have on that lagoon is state of the art. That kind of technology coupled with great music, a through line, and even half a story would have you in tears if done correctly. It just goes to show you. Less is ALWAYS more when you have a great story and go on a musical heartfelt journey. Disappointing to say the least. And yes Spaceship E at the end. Def a highlight. That's the WOW the show needs. From the get go. This doesn't have 20 year lasting power ROE did. Won't even come close.

JohnD

It needs more pyro.
Agree. Should always first and foremost be a fireworks show then add in other elements.

No one was sure if HEA could pull it off after Wishes but I think everyone agrees it succeeded with the right combination of fireworks and projections. This show felt like it was showing off tech and just threw in the occasional boosts into the sky.

Next test: New MK show.

SplashJacket

These boards are ridiculous. I’ll wait to see it in person but the comments from the supposed fanboys were already pre-written, pre-determined and pre-destined to hate the show. I’m sure it’s better than the vitriol spewed on these boards.
People are largely complaining about the songs. You will likely be able to listen to the songs better from the comfort of your home than at the park itself. I'd definitely say that is fair to judge.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A look at Spaceship Earth
Spaceship-Earth_Full_44470.jpg

jpinkc

You guys are right it felt cold and soulless. There was no magic in that show at all. It sounded like a Corporate event, where they want to pump you up but have no clue how to do it or how to connect what they are doing to emotions. It never had any real emotion to the music it just felt flat. I never felt that way about Illuminations. Never did see EF so I cant talk about it. My daughter watched it with me and she even just said to me thats another temporary show right?

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm curious how views are from spots not in front or behind center screen. Shows in World Showcase could be seen from any pavilion without feeling like there are significantly better spots (closer to Future World bridge and America pavilion, maybe. I'm worried that if watched from Norway or UK or the like that the experience isn't the same. Hopefully I'm wrong here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom