Renting 1 DVC night during a value resort stay and Extra evening hours.

valenrandy

Original Poster
We have an upcoming trip booked at a value resort and we are excited about it. I know our resort is not eligible for extra evening hours but I found a great rate for one of the nights we are there at a DVC renting points. If we book the one night at the DVC resort would that allow us access to the extra evening hours? The DVC night and our current value resort stay overlap so I'm not sure if that would be an issue. I just want to make sure before I proceed.
I would book the entire trip at the DVC but since we are getting our AP's this trip for 4 (out of state) I'm trying to manage costs.

Thanks for the help.

aliceismad

We have an upcoming trip booked at a value resort and we are excited about it. I know our resort is not eligible for extra evening hours but I found a great rate for one of the nights we are there at a DVC renting points. If we book the one night at the DVC resort would that allow us access to the extra evening hours? The DVC night and our current value resort stay overlap so I'm not sure if that would be an issue. I just want to make sure before I proceed.
I would book the entire trip at the DVC but since we are getting our AP's this trip for 4 (out of state) I'm trying to manage costs.

Thanks for the help.
I believe you would only be allowed to access the extra evening hours for the night you are paying for the DVC room. I believe extra evening hours are currently only select Mondays and Wednesdays. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

valenrandy

Original Poster
I believe you would only be allowed to access the extra evening hours for the night you are paying for the DVC room. I believe extra evening hours are currently only select Mondays and Wednesdays. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/
Correct, our 1 night stay would be on a Wednesday but was worried since that 1 night stay overlaps with our value stay and think we may be turned away. As long as the CM's can tell we are staying at DVC for the selected night (Wednesday) through our magic band is all I'm worried about.

Thank you.

correcaminos

correcaminos

I believe it to still be the case other than Extra evening hours are currently limited to Mondays and Wednesdays I think.
AFAIK that's it so far.

to clarify for all what I meant was if one checks in on a Tuesday, one can use Weds (or whatever). It should not mess with your ability if this is a split stay. Only if one double books the night could it be an issue.

nickys

Premium Member
AFAIK that's it so far.

to clarify for all what I meant was if one checks in on a Tuesday, one can use Weds (or whatever). It should not mess with your ability if this is a split stay. Only if one double books the night could it be an issue.
The only situation I can think of where there could be an issue with a split stay is where someone is moving from a Deluxe resort to a moderate or value. If on the check-out day, MDE now shows them staying at POP, I assume the scanner may well say the reservation is invalid. However a CM should be able to see that they had stayed at a Deluxe resort the previous night and allow them entry.

I believe it to still be the case other than Extra evening hours are currently limited to Mondays and Wednesdays I think.
Yes. But whether the Monday or Wednesday is your check-in or check-out day should not matter.

If you are staying at a DVC resort for just Sunday night, you will be able to go to Epcot on Monday evening.

If you are staying at a DVC resort for just Monday night, you will be able to go to Epcot on Monday evening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom