News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Tha Realest

I’d genuinely be fine with Zootopia in DAK if it wasn’t replacing one of the park’s 5 rides. DAK needs more to do. It needs more A/C too.

I do find it quite ridiculous that it would get priority over a Lion King area though.
But that would be hard and require extra work and money, when instead WDI in Glendale can keep cribbing the homework of Shanghai Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

Thepuma

😢

And just like that, Animal Kingdom will never be the same.
Which is a good thing IMO.

The Dinoland area has long been an area we've avoided. It's terrible. A badly dated and uncomfortable Dinosaur ride and a couple of baby rides....its really really needs a massive overhaul, otherwise it will just become a ghost area where nobody really goes. I mean, even when AK is at capacity and most rides are 60 minutes plus, Dinosaur is almost a walk on...says it all really.

Such a shame about Primeval Wirl, but time has come to revamp that whole area

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Once again, Dinosaur hate is insane. It has so many of the qualities people ask for in new attractions, ones that Disney doesn’t really deliver on anymore.
FWIW, and I can't believe I'm saying this... Dinosaur might actually benefit from having some screenz. Overall it's an enjoyable attraction... In the dark. Needs some more visuals however they can get it. Still, I'd definitely hate to lose it to Zootopia. #nahtazutopia

TheMaxRebo

Once again, Dinosaur hate is insane. It has so many of the qualities people ask for in new attractions, ones that Disney doesn’t really deliver on anymore.

I still find it a terrible attraction.

It has potential - I mean, Indy is excellent and the exact same ride .... but it features big sets and a compelling story. Dinosaur is just bouncing around the dark and coming across the occasional dinosaur that may or may not have much motion to it but is kind enough to just stay in one spot for you to scan it

I do like the video at the end of the dino walking around in the security cameras

Mickeynerd17

Just update Dinosaur. Every time we go on it it’s awkward because no one else does so it just feels empty in an odd way. And you feel like you’re riding 60% of a ride. Like they’ve only told parts of the story. Maybe projection mapping would help like Navi River.
The missing 40% lies in broken/turned off effects and lighting. I do agree the story could be communicated better.

If you fully understand the story of the ride, the experience is so much better.

Kev1982

Which is a good thing IMO.

The Dinoland area has long been an area we've avoided. It's terrible. A badly dated and uncomfortable Dinosaur ride and a couple of baby rides....its really really needs a massive overhaul, otherwise it will just become a ghost area where nobody really goes. I mean, even when AK is at capacity and most rides are 60 minutes plus, Dinosaur is almost a walk on...says it all really.

Such a shame about Primeval Wirl, but time has come to revamp that whole area
I love Dinosaur but never ever had a walk on in 17 years. Always minimum 45 min wait🤷🏼

UNCgolf

Dinosaurs are a great idea for AK.
Dinosaur the ride is lazy and bad.

It's become lazy and mediocre (I still wouldn't call it bad, as all four parks have worse attractions), but some of that could be fixed if they'd do a massive refurb and restore all of the AAs, effects, etc.

I wouldn't really mourn it if it was replaced, though, as long as it was replaced with something worthwhile (i.e. not Zootopia). Ideally they'd build a new ride featuring dinosaurs, but obviously that isn't going to happen unless they release a new dino movie that does well.

Eric Graham

I really enjoy Lion King a lot. I've seen the musical a few times. I sung in the college choir, but that was many many years ago. :) But I also really like Zootopia.

seabreezept813

The missing 40% lies in broken/turned off effects and lighting. I do agree the story could be communicated better.

If you fully understand the story of the ride, the experience is so much better.
Oh I know it was much better before! I remember riding it as a kid when it was truly one of the two E-tickets. And it's definitely not nostalgia telling me that it used to be better.

seabreezept813

It's become lazy and mediocre (I still wouldn't call it bad, as all four parks have worse attractions), but some of that could be fixed if they'd do a massive refurb and restore all of the AAs, effects, etc.

I wouldn't really mourn it if it was replaced, though, as long as it was replaced with something worthwhile (i.e. not Zootopia). Ideally they'd build a new ride featuring dinosaurs, but obviously that isn't going to happen unless they release a new dino movie that does well.
I would miss it because it has that "old school" Disney feel. With the stunning preshow exhibit room, etc. I just wish they'd give it a little attention. It can't be that hard to maintain the 5 rides in that one park. We love going in the morning because it feels like an empty park on that side. I don't get the Zootopia thing... I put it on once for my kids and they weren't into it at all. The storyline is almost more entertaining for adults than kids. They prefer Jungle Book or Lion King.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom