News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

UNCgolf

Really? So a car with 1 person dispatching every 15 seconds has the same capacity as a car with 20 also dispatching at the same time..... interesting. Not to mention the line moves faster. :/

I think he meant that if the hourly capacity of a ride is 1000 pph, how the vehicles are loaded/dispatched doesn't really matter as long as it's hitting that targeted throughput.

In your scenario, the latter attraction would have a significantly higher hourly capacity.

SpectreJordan

Which is a shame, because nearly every misplaced project of the last decade could arguably fit better in DHS than where it actually ended up.

Personally I think DHS' concept has more potential (and deserves better) than to just become the dumping ground for the properties for which they couldn't find a better thematic fit elsewhere, but since they've nearly turned it into that already they could at least do the other parks the favor of taking advantage.

DHS could really use another new land (actual expansion this time, please), a few real C Tickets, some D Tickets, and one new high capacity E Ticket. If they can still make such a thing. Considering that Disney owns more IP than ever now there should be no excuse as to why they can't come up with things to flesh out this park to a more suitable size. Other than money, of course, which . . . ugh.
There's so much they could do with DHS from where they're at right now. I'd love if they could do rides for alot of different genres; let's get Alien for horror, Indiana Jones for adventure, something for romance, etc...

Or if they added like two more themed lands based on different genres from what Star Wars & Toy Story have to offer. Maybe a movie based adventure land with Indiana Jones, 20k Leagues & movie Pirates; you could even just port over the rides from Tokyo DisneySea & Shanghai for those three.

I'd love if they went more in-depth with the front of the park's old school theme & revamped Sunset Blvd to match it more with that theme. Revive the plans for Roger Rabbit & Dick Tracy then add the Rocketeer or something.

The front of the park could have that old school theme & then the back of it could have all of the themed lands. You begin in the era where Hollywood really rose to power & then you venture into all of the stories that came after.

I’m so tired of these 2 IPs already.
Zootopia has no presence in the parks outside of merch & the characters walking around. I think it has a lot of potential for a cool ride... just not in AK.

There hasn't been too much of a push for it in general. It took them 6 years to announce a sequel & it's still years away. I loved that movie so I wish they would've pushed it sooner lol

drnilescrane

Zootopia has no presence in the parks outside of merch & the characters walking around. I think it has a lot of potential for a cool ride... just not in AK.

There hasn't been too much of a push for it in general. It took them 6 years to announce a sequel & it's still years away. I loved that movie so I wish they would've pushed it sooner lol

It's such a weird IP. It made $1bn worldwide, it's a top 10 streaming title on D+, the spinoff shorts were popular, the character meet and greet at DCA still gets a line 7 years later... but it just can't move merch in the US.

SpectreJordan

It's such a weird IP. It made $1bn worldwide, it's a top 10 streaming title on D+, the spinoff shorts were popular, the character meet and greet at DCA still gets a line 7 years later... but it just can't move merch in the US.
How were merch sales in 2016? Maybe it's the type of franchise that needs a new movie to move merch.

drnilescrane

How were merch sales in 2016? Maybe it's the type of franchise that needs a new movie to move merch.

They sold though what they made to promote the film and didn't do a second run.

They did do a new run of stuff for Zootopia+ this year and it was more 20-something female focused, which lines up with the expected demographics. It's not a kids IP.

Last edited:

WaltsTreasureChest

There's so much they could do with DHS from where they're at right now. I'd love if they could do rides for alot of different genres; let's get Alien for horror, Indiana Jones for adventure, something for romance, etc...

Or if they added like two more themed lands based on different genres from what Star Wars & Toy Story have to offer. Maybe a movie based adventure land with Indiana Jones, 20k Leagues & movie Pirates; you could even just port over the rides from Tokyo DisneySea & Shanghai for those three.

I'd love if they went more in-depth with the front of the park's old school theme & revamped Sunset Blvd to match it more with that theme. Revive the plans for Roger Rabbit & Dick Tracy then add the Rocketeer or something.

The front of the park could have that old school theme & then the back of it could have all of the themed lands. You begin in the era where Hollywood really rose to power & then you venture into all of the stories that came after.

Ah man, I’d love to get something new of Indy at the parks.

Rgeading Zootopia, I don’t think it’ll ever be off the cards in regards of wether it’s too late or not. We got tron this year and its last movie came out in 2010 lol

Horizonsfan

Shanghai's upcoming Zootopia land is slightly smaller than the area of DHS's Launch Bay, the Animation office building, and the adjacent operations building. IMO that seems like a slam dunk vs DAK. DHS is a park that already celebrates animation and urban locales. Plus, like DAK, the park still could use more capacity and rides.

Advisable Joseph

It's not a kids IP.
If you look back to the report that the transformation of Dinosaur to Zootopia has already been budgeted, you'll see that Disney has seen that Zootopia appeals to children (presumably via Disney+ data, etc.): that's why it was chosen over Indy.

Anyway, I don't think Zootopia could be trending on Disney+ the way it is without children watching and rewatching.

No Name

DHS is a park that already celebrates animation and urban locales.
IMG_7109.jpeg

Chef idea Mickey`=

I thought whenever Shanghai and or Tokyo had a new Disney attraction of any kind meant in contract it would have to be unique there for like 5 or 6 years before it could ever be allowed to clone it.. so the fact that Zootopia is mentioned like a second phase later thought because it hasn't even opened yet in Shanghai seems very fast similar like the three Frozen Lands then it's different for Lands under popular IP? A Land under Animation is not the same as a ride like Tron? Meanwhile Ratatouille had 5 years on it's own in France?

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I thought whenever Shanghai and or Tokyo had a new Disney attraction of any kind meant in contract it would have to be unique there for like 5 or 6 years before it could ever be allowed to clone it.. so the fact that Zootopia is mentioned like a second phase later thought because it hasn't even opened yet in Shanghai seems very fast similar like the three Frozen Lands then it's different for Lands under popular IP? A Land under Animation is not the same as a ride like Tron? Meanwhile Ratatouille had 5 years on it's own in France?
I believe the exclusivity contract only applies to certain rides in parks owned by OLC, so only Tokyo and Hong Kong. It also seems like that rule only applies to the direct cloning of an attraction, not just the IP usage. If current rumors are to be trusted, the plan for Zootopia in AK is not a clone of the Shanghai trackless LPS attraction, but rather an overlay of the existing Dinosaur/Indy EMV attraction. Regardless, even if this does come to fruition I don't know if we'll see it open in less than five years.

I'm still holding out hope that Dinosaur can stick around though. People truly underestimate this gem of a ride. :)

MagicHappens1971

I believe the exclusivity contract only applies to certain rides in parks owned by OLC, so only Tokyo and Hong Kong. It also seems like that rule only applies to the direct cloning of an attraction, not just the IP usage. If current rumors are to be trusted, the plan for Zootopia in AK is not a clone of the Shanghai trackless LPS attraction, but rather an overlay of the existing Dinosaur/Indy EMV attraction. Regardless, even if this does come to fruition I don't know if we'll see it open in less than five years.

I'm still holding out hope that Dinosaur can stick around though. People truly underestimate this gem of a ride. :)
The exclusivity clause is if Disney & the other parties want it.

For example Tron has a 5 year exclusivity in Shanghai, but nothing else in Shanghai did.

scottieRoss

OLC has no stake in HK Disneyland. They are only the licensee at Tokyo Disney Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom