Yeti Update

AmandaS.

I goggled Disco Yeti shirt and this came up too :hilarious:
1054557_1.jpg

po1998

Has the "great" Joe Rhode ever gone on record regarding the "broken" Yeti? Knowing that AK is his baby, I'd like to believe that this is really aggravating to him, and would help in the cause to get the Yeti functioning again(back to his original state).

Then again...maybe the TDO/AK bean counters don't care what Rhode thinks or wants.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Has the "great" Joe Rhode ever gone on record regarding the "broken" Yeti? Knowing that AK is his baby, I'd like to believe that this is really aggravating to him, and would help in the cause to get the Yeti functioning again(back to his original state).

Then again...maybe the TDO/AK bean counters don't care what Rhode thinks or wants.
“It’s very complicated to work on, we are working on it… I will fix the Yeti someday, I swear.” - Joe Rhode, 2013

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Even in its inactive state it is much better than a screen.
I guess my hypothetical screen startle is different from how you envision this hypothetical screen. In any case; I fail to see how a static figure with a strobe light would be better than a screen. I'm a practical kind of guy; I like physical props over digital effects but in this case wouldn't an animated yeti trump a non-moving yeti? That's what it boils down to... screen = movement. Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't done it.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Alright, get the pitchforks: I like B Mode Yeti. I think the strobes add to the "mystery" aspect of the story, making it more of a "did we just see that thing trying to get us", rather than the "Oh, cool, he's right there" of A Mode. Don't get me wrong, the arm not swiping is sad, but if they could combne the motion with the strobes, then THAT would be cool

Monorail_Orange

Alright, get the pitchforks: I like B Mode Yeti. I think the strobes add to the "mystery" aspect of the story, making it more of a "did we just see that thing trying to get us", rather than the "Oh, cool, he's right there" of A Mode. Don't get me wrong, the arm not swiping is sad, but if they could combne the motion with the strobes, then THAT would be cool
A-Mode with full lighting was more like "OH (manure)! HE'S GONNA GET ME!!!"

MotherOfBirds

You must have never experienced it in its original glory

Monorail_Orange

Not pitchforks, let me see if I can illustrate a similar principle:
Equivalent to B-Mode Yeti:
Compare to an A-Mode Yeti:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom