Worst Restaurant At WDW

barkatozz

On my first trip to Disney last year, my "worst" meal was a burger @ the ABC Commissary @ MGM....really dry & not enjoyable at all.
After some research, this site, Modern Marvels @ ESP. FTV's Unwrapped, I have some excellent places to explore next month. :wave:

beyondthepalace

My two major dislikes are San Angel Inn and Artist Point. We had the first reservation of the day at San Angel Inn and it took nearly 10 minutes just to place our order and get drinks. The food that came much later was bland.

Artist Point was above and beyond bad, even when the server knew I was a cast member. Each course was okay at most. Service was below average to start but became even worse when I ordered a expensive cognac and never received it. She did not charge us for it but it was still aggrevating that a restaurant did not want to make a nice sale.

luna99

My least favorites: Rose & Crown (UK) and Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco)

last May we went to Marrakesh and I was super excited to go. In all my years visiting WDW I had never eaten there. While the atmosphere was really nice and the bellydancer was cool (though we could hardly see her from where we were sitting)... the food was sort of bland... I was so surprised, I thought it'd be much more spicy and flavorful.. I got some sort of chicken and couscous I believe. The drinks were good though.

as for the Rose and Crown, I've eaten there once and I got the bangers and mash and loved it!

WDWKat26

Let's see,

Sci-Fi: Ieww. I hated my dinner here, overpriced and my meal was very bland.

Planet Hollywood: Cute drinks, but not the best place to go for a quick and good serviced meal. My burger was really good though.

The restaurant in Italy: I didn't like the way my meal tasted. Plus, everything was overpriced and my alfredo sauce tasted like water. Thankfully, I didn't have to pay but I still felt bad for my date who was paying. Our waiter was wonderful though.

Aurora_25

Victoria and Alberts

Other than that, I really don't hate any of the Disney Places to eat since really, if I do eat out lately, it consists of McDonalds because of the kids....Anything is better than that:lol:

slappy magoo

There's actually a bad experience I had that I forgot about when I first posted (repressed memory, perhaps).

In May of '96 and October of '97, my now ex-wife and I stayed at PO-R, which was then Dixie Landings. The first meals we ate each time were both at the food court. Each time it was lunchtime. Each time I got a little basket of fried chicken. And friends, let me tell you, that fried chicken was a transcendant experience. Hands down the best friend chicken I've ever had anywhere. I loved that chicken so much, on our second trip, when we left on our way to a few days at Vero Beach, rather then have lunch somewhere along the way, we buy fried chicken and pack it up to eat on the way. Just enough breading, just enough spices, and sooooo juicy when most fried chicken in a counter-service kind of place gets dried out fast. If I were a chicken, I'd gladly lay down my life if it meant being turned into the chicken they have at Dixie Landings.

Or rather, the chicken they USED TO HAVE...

Fast forward to 2004. I'm seeing someone that I'm quickly falling in flat-out love with. Someone I love enough that I'm ready for one of the rites of passage when it comes to relationships-the first vacation. We decide to go to WDW, and we're staying at AKL. But all I can think about is that friend chicken at the old Dixie Landings. I am still thinking about how good that fried chicken was. And my girlfriend says if we want to, we can eat our first lunch at the food court at Riverside food court. Now how cool is SHE? She's actually willing to do with me something I did with my wife twice before (that does not sound right, but you know what I mean). So we get to the AKL at around 11, we drop our luggage at AKL, grab our bahting suits to go to TL, but before going, we go for lunch at Riverside food court. It felt a little weird, deja-vu-ish to be there with my girlfriend, after being there twice with my wife, and I think I loved my GF a little more for being so cool with the situation. So we bear left, go down the hallway to the food court...

...only to find they no longer serve fried chicken.

is that? The...the chicken! MY CHICKEN!!! The best fried chicken ever! How could they get rid of it?!?! It's a Southern-themed resturant in a southern-themed resort! Heck, if Port Orleans FQ still had jambalaya, there is nor eason on Earth why Riverside shouldn't have fried chicken! :brick:

Oh, sure they had fried chicken fingers. Whopp-de-poopdee-do! They were just like fried chicken fingers you could get anywhere else in The World AND the world! No style, no pizazz. AND they were cold and dried out! I was so disappointed. My GF was afraid it was an omen, and nothing else would go right. She didn't have to worry, it was an awesome vacation and the incredible dinner we had that night started OUR tradition-when we go to WDW (3 times now), the first dinner my wife and I have is at Boma.

But still, as far as I'm concerned, what Riverside did by getting rid of their fried chicken was an abomination. Whatever reason they had for losing it-too expensive, kids choking on chicken bones, whaever-is wrong and short-sighted and they owe me an apology...

OK, maybe I'm not carrying THAT much of a grudge, but man, if you had the fried chicken there, hopefully, you know what I'm talking about and I'm not just sounding crazy...

Astronut

Worst sit-down service in all of WDW - Bistro de Paris above Les Chef de France. This is not a true French restaurant but a poor tourist trap imitation. In a true French restaurant the service would be immediate, constant and impeccable. Here the service is based on the whim of the waiter and manager. Although the food is usually very good I don't pay those prices just for the food but for the whole experience. I've dinned there a few times and had varying degrees of service but the other night had the worst experience I think I've ever had in my life at a restaurant.

If Disney or the staff at Les Chefs want to foment the appearance that the French are snobbish egotistical jerks they certainly are succeeding here but I would think they would want to leave a better impression. I will never dine at Bistro or Les Chefs again.

BTW I like the Twice Cooked Beef at Lotus Blossom Cafe. Nine Dragons may not be the best Chinese but it is reasonably good and I've always been able to get seated even on a crowded day without too much wait.

Citrico's in the Grand Floridian is another pass. Way overpriced for the quality of food or service experience.

davinakb

Worst sit-down service in all of WDW - Bistro de Paris above Les Chef de France. This is not a true French restaurant but a poor tourist trap imitation. In a true French restaurant the service would be immediate, constant and impeccable. Here the service is based on the whim of the waiter and manager.
I've eaten there several times and always had excellent service. Just goes to show ... I'd guess the worst service we've ever had was probably a "just having a bad night" either at Tony's or 50's PrimeTime Cafe. I have noticed a general drop in service overall, as at almost every restaurant, it seems the servers are running around like crazy, as if they are understaffed or something.

Tara Stone

The big detractor for our experience at V&As was the snootyness of the servers when we did not order wine with our meals. I dont mind paying more for quality, but when the server looks down their noses with a blank stare on their face like "how dare you not partake of our glorious wine" then I take issue.

That is so funny!!!!!
I got the exact same reaction! Try the trick that works for me... I apologized and said I was on the waiting list for a liver transplant and alcohol would worsen my condition and knock me right off the list if my doctor found out.
The look on their faces was priceless and when we came back a few nights later the wine was NEVER even mentioned

Additionally you could say you're a recovering alcoholic, that was my second choice!

Tara Stone

Worst sit-down service in all of WDW - Bistro de Paris above Les Chef de France. This is not a true French restaurant but a poor tourist trap imitation. In a true French restaurant the service would be immediate, constant and impeccable. Here the service is based on the whim of the waiter and manager. Although the food is usually very good I don't pay those prices just for the food but for the whole experience. I've dinned there a few times and had varying degrees of service but the other night had the worst experience I think I've ever had in my life at a restaurant.

If Disney or the staff at Les Chefs want to foment the appearance that the French are snobbish egotistical jerks they certainly are succeeding here but I would think they would want to leave a better impression. I will never dine at Bistro or Les Chefs again.

BTW I like the Twice Cooked Beef at Lotus Blossom Cafe. Nine Dragons may not be the best Chinese but it is reasonably good and I've always been able to get seated even on a crowded day without too much wait.

Citrico's in the Grand Floridian is another pass. Way overpriced for the quality of food or service experience.

While we had absolutely wonderful service at Chefs...the server fawned over our children, taught them french and never let a glass get empty...I do agree with you regarding Citricos...completely overrated and nothing special on the menu to set it apart

gatordoc

I do agree with you regarding Citricos...completely overrated and nothing special on the menu to set it apart

Well, a matter of opinion I suppose, but the Braised Veal Shank at Citricos is absolutely fabulous. It may be my favorite dish anywhere at WDW. And we've always had wonderful experiences dining there.

imagineer99

To be honest, Dining at WDW has rarely been a stellar experience food-wise. I think the ATMOSPHERE at many restaurants is awesome. But, the food quality leaves a little to be desired. Especially, with the high prices.

I mean would Sci-Fi DIne In be considered great, if it wasn't for the super cool theming? Probably not.

KKnopf

Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has got to be the worst... It was so greasy and the noodles were over cooked and mushy!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
To be honest, Dining at WDW has rarely been a stellar experience food-wise. I think the ATMOSPHERE at many restaurants is awesome. But, the food quality leaves a little to be desired. Especially, with the high prices.

I mean would Sci-Fi DIne In be considered great, if it wasn't for the super cool theming? Probably not.

I have had the shrimp pasta the last two times we have gone and it was great.

KyleLauren

I have to agree with everyone who said Sci-Fi. Totally bland and useless!

The food was decent at Les Chefs de France, but we had a supremely snotty waiter and so I would not go back. Unless someone else wanted to pay for it, lol.

Frank Stallone

My two major dislikes are San Angel Inn and Artist Point. We had the first reservation of the day at San Angel Inn and it took nearly 10 minutes just to place our order and get drinks. The food that came much later was bland.

Artist Point was above and beyond bad, even when the server knew I was a cast member. Each course was okay at most. Service was below average to start but became even worse when I ordered a expensive cognac and never received it. She did not charge us for it but it was still aggrevating that a restaurant did not want to make a nice sale.

NEVER MENTION YOU ARE A CAST MEMBER! Honestly. Do not let your server know you are a cast member until you tell them you are ready for your check. Unfortunately, some restaurants/servers have different attitudes and service standards for cast members than the guests. I won't mention any restaurants, but I have had awful service at some restaurants when they were aware I was a cast member when checking in, and great service at the same restaurant when they thought I was a reguar guest.

I assume this occurs because gratuity is included in the check, so the servers know how much they are getting, no matter how great or bland their service.

LuLaSue

By Far the Worst

The worst meal I have ever eaten was in Epcot's San
Angel Inn. :hurl: The ABC Commissary was better and that is not saying much!!!

righttrack

I'd say that if you are trying anything ethnic, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Mexican, etc. and there isn't a "Chinatown", "Little Italy" etc. near you, then I'd say you'd be pleased. If not, you've got way better stuff back home.

My least favorite was El Pirata y el Perico. Kind of Taco-Belley.

harryk

Worst Restaurant!!??!!

My family and I have been going to WDW on a regular basis since 1972 and have yet to have a meal which we considered sub-par or even bad.
We only eat at the sit-down restaurants in the evening and usually do counter service for lunch. Breakfast is generally at the hotel where we stay - Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge on on the Boardwalk -
Our favorites have been Liberty Tree, Mexico, United Kingdom and until it changed from a cafeteria style - Canada. Canada is too crowded whenever we go there and has too many tables in the dining room. Tony's has always been a must and this year it is fully booked so we shall not get there for dinner during our trip this coming December.
If you are looking for a worse restaurant I believe you can always find something wrong with any restaurant you go into. Go to Disney to have a good time - not to be a critic -.:xmas:

davinakb

last May we went to Marrakesh and I was super excited to go. ... While the atmosphere was really nice and the bellydancer was cool (though we could hardly see her from where we were sitting)... the food was sort of bland... I was so surprised, I thought it'd be much more spicy and flavorful..
That was my exact disappointment, and I ordered one of the more "exotic" items. Goes to show.
I think that's true of a number of places, that Disney magic really adds to the atmosphere and otherwise average food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom