Worst Restaurant At WDW

ImaYoyo

BRG has great brews and decent munchies (for bar food). I like their jalepeno cheese dip. Their fish-sandwich isn't bad either.

vadsnylvr

I have to agree with everyone about Planet Hollywood. The service REALLY sucks.(Especially if you have a coupon!) Last year I went there with my daughter and we split a hamburger which made the waiter treat us like we were scum. The music is WAY TOO LOUD even for a teenager. The only time I was paid any attention was when they took our picture at the front door!:shrug:

WDWGuide

For me: ABC Commissary (Bland food in a bland building) for counter service and the Biergarten as far as table service/buffet places go.

Interestingly, I have always enjoyed Lotus Blossom Cafe and the restaurants in Morocco. The burgers have also gotten better with time IMHO.

diddy_mouse

I gotta go with Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. I'm all for a noodle bowl, but man o man, that was NOT the noodle bowl I was expecting. :hurl:

And I agree with others, Planet Hollywood and ABC Commissary was also pretty bad.

My DH hated California Grill but I really enjoyed it.

And finally, Yakitori House did a real number on me. I love the theming of the place but the type of chicken that they used ripped up my stomach. :hurl:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
About the Tomorrowland Terrace...

Since first posting in this thread, I've made it a point to try it out on the rare occasions that it is open, because it always has a new menu to try - either something is gone, or something is added.

The current menu doesn't seem very bad at all. The noodle bowl I had was better then the previous variations on that style - a lot less fish oil methinks (common component in asian food, but most americans detest it in large amounts). The chicken with rice dish was also pretty decent - like chinese fast food or something, but certainly edible.

The previous food that was the most abysmal was the steam pork bun. That thing was atrocious, and from what i can tell, has been stricken from the menu. The noodle bowls were also previously quite horrid, but they have changed the recipe as far as I can tell, and people I go with enjoy them and I enjoy them - which was definately not the case the first time.

Deadmanwalking

When you take into acccount price, I would have to say the Cinderella's breakfast was without a doubt the worst. Even when you price adjust for the "atmosphere", the food is simply horrible. The service is almost non-existent. But you do sit in a castle, and see characters for 5 seconds a piece, so that makes up for the poor food, right? NO. It makes every other breakfast option seem like 5 star dinning.

Foolish Mortal

I also don't like Pecos Bill's, although that's mostly because they always have huge lines. Since they only have about five things on the menu, what in the world can the holdup be?

The people that have been standing in line and have had MORE than enough time to figure out what they want and get up to the register and decide that's the time to examine the choices :brick: :mad:

The only restaurant that I can honestly say that I didn't care for was Biergarten. Granted this was about 15 years ago. I don't care for Sauerkraut or the way it smells. But I figured, what the heck I'll give it a try. Of course the entire place smelled of Kraut and seemed like the odor attatched and embedded itself on everything in the place. Still not sure if after all these years I'd go back.

hth001

just spent a couple of days at the polynesian and have to say the service at Capt'n Cooks (their food court service) was horrendous. thank god i didnt have any kids with me! we ate breakfast there twice and had most of it finished before we even paid. its not that the lines were long but the folks working the register were clueless. by far the worst service i have seen in 20 years of visiting wdw.

davinakb

This is shocking to me!! I've heard extremely great things about V&As. I'm a little skeptical of the bad reviews to tell you the truth since it is the only five star restaurant in Southern Florida and mostly ever critic has had nothing but glowing reviews of it. I think we'll keep our ressie at the Chef's Table and let you know how it goes.
We went last fall and loved it, so I'd keep your table. (If you give it up, let me know and I'll try for it). BTW the criticism for V&A was about the servers attitudes when guests did not order wine. FWIW when we went, only 2 from our table of 6 ordered the wine pairings; 2 ordered Sangria, and 2 did not drink. One of which, sadly was me as the designated driver.

I'd like to add San Angel Inn to my worst list. Just went a few weeks ago (first time in a couple years) and still nothing impressive. With the improvements to the river blocking the view, it's just ... no.

LudwigVonDrake

I was not impressed with the quality of the food at Nine Dragons in China. It wasn't good at all. I got food poisoning at the Sci-Fi Dine-In :hurl: beware the All-American Burger :lookaroun do they still serve it?

Missymoe4

The buffet over in Norway. It has recently been changed to a Princess Buffet...but in 1999 and 2000...it was DISGUSTING! Okay, so I'm a bit mean here...but I do not care for a buffet filled with cold fish salads (unless it's lobster and crab and shrimp...mmmm). But, the service was horrible...I don't know if it's the Norweigen persona, but I feel as though, like the food, the service was quite "cold".

k.hunter30

The buffet over in Norway. It has recently been changed to a Princess Buffet...but in 1999 and 2000...it was DISGUSTING! Okay, so I'm a bit mean here...but I do not care for a buffet filled with cold fish salads (unless it's lobster and crab and shrimp...mmmm). But, the service was horrible...I don't know if it's the Norweigen persona, but I feel as though, like the food, the service was quite "cold".
Norway restaurant was great before it became a princess buffet! (haven't tried it since it changed) It was Norwegian food - either you like it or not. We love ethnic food and dined there every visit. We were always treated exceptionally well by the wait staff!

erasure fan1

The Princess breakfast in Norway was my least favorite. It wasnt that the food was that bad it was just everything overall. The service was slow, the Princesses came and went to fast and the food wasnt that good. Since its family style and not buffet I expected a bit more from the food I guess.

Foolish Mortal

Norway restaurant was great before it became a princess buffet! (haven't tried it since it changed) It was Norwegian food - either you like it or not. We love ethnic food and dined there every visit. We were always treated exceptionally well by the wait staff!

Well put. Agree with everything you said word for word

wdwmomof3

I have a few...

MK- Peco Bills, for a cs meal, we didn't like it.

Epcot- San Angel Inn, the food here was tasteless. ( our worst over all )

MGM- Sci Fi Dine In

AK- Rain Forest Cafe The food here is just ok, not worth what you pay for it.

righttrack

I totally agree the worst is Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station

Have to agree there. The potential is great, however, overcooked pasta (and noodles) tends to be a hallmark of Florida-based cuisine. On the same principle, I never eat pasta out of a can, or at Alfredo's or anyplace other then a 2 hour radius from Manhattan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom