Worst Restaurant At WDW

Main Street USA

I'm also surprised that the following places were mentioned:

Sci Fi Dine In
Beirgrten

I've eaten at both (Sci Fi SEVERAL times) and enjoyed them VERY much. I'll definitely be back for both. I'm the type that loves an atmosphere as much as the food, though, so that may be the key. These two places have some of the coolest atmosphere in all of WDW.

GymLeaderPhil

Biergarten and the Sci-Fi (one of my favs) are very entertaining places. Biegarten just seems like a resturant that hasn't changed since Epcot opened. I could see myself in a German School eating the same cafeteria fare. Perhaps it's because it's a buffet or the one night that we decided to eat there, but I wasn't impressed.

My ex and I are in our 20s. At our table was a two 40 somethings, their young kids, and a retired couple. Almost complete silence through the entire meal, although the two kids did talk a lot to us. The parents and the older couple were very anti-social the entire meal. Just a bad experience and I love Japanese resturants that do the same seating arrangement. Perhaps it would have been better with a large group?

Main Street USA

Ah, see, I was the youngest at my table (29), I was with my parents, and the rest of the table was retirees. However, they were all very talkative and nice, so we all got along well. I guess Beirgarten is a crapshoot based on who you have to sit with.

As for the atmosphere, I'd been going to Epcot since the year it opened, but until a couple years ago, I had never even looked inside the restaurant. So, to me, it seems new. I just love the "outdoors inside" atmosphere.

MadMax11

The food at Sci-Fi was not good the last time I was there. The menu was extremely limited. It's all about the experience of eating there, because the food isn't worth writing home about, in my opinion.

Tornado

Planet Hollywood. The service was slow, I had to literally hold my glass up to attract our servers attention to get a refill. I was also fairly annoyed when they brought our main courses out while we still had our starters to finish.
While the Hard Rock Cafe over at Universal has comparable food, everything about it blows Planet Hollywood out of the water.

flagen

The Coral Reef....When you see ALL the strollers parked out side thats a sign....It was so loud in there with kids screaming it was terrible....Went to Sharks Underwater Grill Seaworld and it was fantasic food, less screaming..more relaxing.

mills

Sci-Fi and San Angel Inn. Sci-Fi always has a long wait and the food, especially the vegetables, is the worst we've had at Disney. San Angel Inn we've only tried once, but wasn't thrilled with the food.

5mins2disney

In general we've had pretty good dining experiences at Disney / Epcot.. but we usually eat breakfast at home in the AM...snack through lunch..and then eat a nice dinner somewhere.

The one restaurant I can recall not liking at all on our last trip was the Rose & Crown in Epcot...we thought the food and even the fish and chips was just not that good at all...and the kids didn't like their food either.

davinakb

Tony's/Alfredos - Had a horrible meal at both. The Italian fare that is offered is dummed down American style. Take a look at Italian resturants that do things right (Macaroni Grill comes to mind). Service was good though.
I think you just nailed why these are not our first dining choices ... Even "americanized" Italian chains like MG or Carrabba's are better, so we're like, "why bother?"

Victoria and Alberts.
hakunamatata, While I've only eaten there once and LOVED it, I can understand this. At the very upscale, more "experimental" fancy places (V&A, Bistro de Paris, California Grill) it's more to the whim of the chef. So if the menu is all duck, lamb, veal (or other things you don't care for), prepared very exotically to showcase the chefs' talents, you could be disappointed. Esp. when you get the bill. I've eaten at these places several times, sometimes do find it a little challenging to find options to suit me. It's almost more a process of elimination ("don't eat this, not wild about that") than actually really having to choose between several entrees. I've never hated anything at these places, but like anyone, find some dishes more to my liking than others. Probably why these places seem to change their menus fairly often, and why I'm always willing to go back.

Another place I forgot to nominate as one of the worst: Liberty Tree Tavern. IMO it was bland frozen dinner: turkey, green beans, potatoes, etc. that made for a disappointing and over-priced character meal.

slappy magoo

Honestly, despite the prices, my expectations are pretty low when it comes to eating anywhere in WDW, so I'm rarely disappointed. Sad way to go through life, but hey, it works for me. :D

I really think this question would've been better split up between counter-service restaurants and full-service restaurants. I would make a knee-jerk assumption that you run a big risk being unhappy with food in the courts at any of the values, or the bigger mods. There are just so many rooms in those resorts, and if they're filled, that means hundreds or thousands of more mouths to feed during peak times, and quality is bound to slip. For instance, in one year, we were able to stay at AKL, PO-R and SS. When eating at AKL and SS for breakfast, it might take a while for our food to come up but it was always tasty, and there generally wasn't that many people ahead of us. Whether it was because, as a deluxe and home-away-from-home resort, they were filled with people who either would rather eat at a table-service/buffet restaurant, OR making their own breakfasts in their own kitchens, I can't say. What I CAN say is that service at PO-R's food court was always much more crowded, and the food was always worse. As a caveat, we went during Spring Break, so naturally, it was packed, but I even tried it during the off-seasons (and off-times during the peak seasons) and the food was always just-cooked-enough-not-to-kill-you, and I regretted every meal (I remember loving the fried chicken there back when it was still Dixie Landings, and couldn't have been more disappointed that they only had chicken fingers now).

As far as table service goes, Sci-Fi Dine In should only be used for burgers and shakes. Burgers are passable, shakes are really tasty. Just about everything else is not fit for human consumption.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
hakunamatata, While I've only eaten there once and LOVED it, I can understand this. At the very upscale, more "experimental" fancy places (V&A, Bistro de Paris, California Grill) it's more to the whim of the chef. So if the menu is all duck, lamb, veal (or other things you don't care for), prepared very exotically to showcase the chefs' talents, you could be disappointed. Esp. when you get the bill. I've eaten at these places several times, sometimes do find it a little challenging to find options to suit me. It's almost more a process of elimination ("don't eat this, not wild about that") than actually really having to choose between several entrees. I've never hated anything at these places, but like anyone, find some dishes more to my liking than others. Probably why these places seem to change their menus fairly often, and why I'm always willing to go back.

The big detractor for our experience at V&As was the snootyness of the servers when we did not order wine with our meals. I dont mind paying more for quality, but when the server looks down their noses with a blank stare on their face like "how dare you not partake of our glorious wine" then I take issue.

rbrower

I personally think the worst is California Grill. The food was bad, well, let me say disgusting the night that we went. But was also added to it was the fact that I was sick that night.

Steamboat_Kevin

The Maya Grill at Coronado Springs.

It literally took an hour and a half to get our food.

When it finally came, my cousin's steak which was ordered medium-rare was, in his words, "Like eating shoe leather" (He didn't say this to the waiter, Don't worry).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The Maya Grill at Coronado Springs.

It literally took an hour and a half to get our food.

When it finally came, my cousin's steak which was ordered medium-rare was, in his words, "Like eating shoe leather" (He didn't say this to the waiter, Don't worry).

He should have.

The waiter didn't cook the steak, so shouldn't get offended.

He could possibly have helped your cousin have a better meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom