World of Color - Season of Light debuts tonight

Stevek

They've done snowflakes for all the other Christmas shows, this is the first year they've changed the shape to a heart.
For WOC Christmas shows? Never noticed that. We were always in the back, out of the standing section in our favorite unreserved spot.

GiveMeTheMusic

For WOC Christmas shows? Never noticed that. We were always in the back, out of the standing section in our favorite unreserved spot.

I didn't see Winter Dreams in 2015, but the flogos were in use in 2013 and 2014, making snowflakes. They weren't 100% reliable, but I'm glad they're still in use and I love the change to hearts.

EvilChameleon

Man oh man. Watched this for the first time today. Once the Trans Siberian Orchestra segment kicked in, and the lights and fire started flying, holy smokes. Best thing I have ever seen.

SpectroMan93

When I seen some Frozen footage I expected to hear Let It Go but to my surprise they actually didn't use it this time.
I've noticed that out of all the new Christmas offerings (Season of Light, Mickey's Most Merriest, and Jingle Bam), not a single Frozen segment is included, save for the clips in WoC. Props to Disney for finally realizing we are all a little tired of the Frozen fever. Still love the movie though.

Figment82

Oh my gosh, the foam! When we were there in 2013, my husband chased one of the snowflakes all the way to Flo's. He almost pushed a few kids out of the way (unintentionally of course) to catch it on his head. I was literally in tears, laying on the ground laughing. I'm glad to see they still use that effect - it will always be my favorite!

Sure wish I could see this show in person - it looks great! Loved the Goofy segment - it was like the Osborne Lights with water. I would have loved the inclusion of the LuminAria theme. That song is so beautiful, and it would go perfectly with the majorly improved WoC. I know it's been repurposed for the tree lighting, but I think they should use it as much as possible. ;)

VJ

Oh my gosh, the foam! When we were there in 2013, my husband chased one of the snowflakes all the way to Flo's. He almost pushed a few kids out of the way (unintentionally of course) to catch it on his head. I was literally in tears, laying on the ground laughing. I'm glad to see they still use that effect - it will always be my favorite!

Sure wish I could see this show in person - it looks great! Loved the Goofy segment - it was like the Osborne Lights with water. I would have loved the inclusion of the LuminAria theme. That song is so beautiful, and it would go perfectly with the majorly improved WoC. I know it's been repurposed for the tree lighting, but I think they should use it as much as possible. ;)
They did include the LuminAria theme as part of Season of Light! It's very short but it's there.

Stevek

I've noticed that out of all the new Christmas offerings (Season of Light, Mickey's Most Merriest, and Jingle Bam), not a single Frozen segment is included, save for the clips in WoC. Props to Disney for finally realizing we are all a little tired of the Frozen fever. Still love the movie though.
Speaking of Jingle Bam (yes, off topic), any thought from folks that have seen both videos? Thought it was rather well done...the projection mapping is fantastic and the Prep and Landing characters do a good job tying it all together...and there is some Nightmare Before Christmas for someone that mentioned it earlier. In any case, both are nice additions to their respective parks.

Californian Elitist

Speaking of Jingle Bam (yes, off topic), any thought from folks that have seen both videos? Thought it was rather well done...the projection mapping is fantastic and the Prep and Landing characters do a good job tying it all together...and there is some Nightmare Before Christmas for someone that mentioned it earlier. In any case, both are nice additions to their respective parks.

I watched a recording of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! (I hate the name), and judging by the video alone, my first thoughts are that I'm not quite impressed. While I enjoyed the projections and other special effects, like the lasers, I felt the exact opposite about the show as a whole. Way too much Prep and Landing and I didn't like the music, especially after hearing the music and artists for Season of Light last Saturday. Also wondering why the fireworks were going off on one side and not simultaneously on the same side. That was weird.

GiveMeTheMusic

I watched a recording of Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! (I hate the name), and judging by the video alone, my first thoughts are that I'm not quite impressed. While I enjoyed the projections and other special effects, like the lasers, I felt the exact opposite about the show as a whole. Way too much Prep and Landing and I didn't like the music, especially after hearing the music and artists for Season of Light last Saturday. Also wondering why the fireworks were going off on one side and not simultaneously on the same side. That was weird.

DHS recently set up a new fireworks launch pad, and it's grossly off-center from the Chinese Theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom