World of Color - Season of Light debuts tonight

Stevek

They actually have low level pyro on both sides, but with the setup it seems impossible to get everything in frame when filming.
I noticed that...the one I watched was framed a little more toward the left launch pad so you could see those but also see the flashes from the pyro on the right.

Earl Sweatpants

Just saw this last night. Wasn't sure how I was going to enjoy it overall, until the Goofy segment. That blew me away. But of course, a specific highlight for me was when a fountain malfunctioned and literally turned its spray directly at the people standing in the "splash zone". On top of an already rainy day at the parks, it just seemed to add insult to injury, but man was it funny.

Californian Elitist

Just saw this last night. Wasn't sure how I was going to enjoy it overall, until the Goofy segment. That blew me away. But of course, a specific highlight for me was when a fountain malfunctioned and literally turned its spray directly at the people standing in the "splash zone". On top of an already rainy day at the parks, it just seemed to add insult to injury, but man was it funny.

Lmao Would have loved to have seen that.

VJ

Well, it DID say splash zone... What wasn't mentioned was exactly how much splash you'll get.

EvilChameleon

Was just watching a video... did they already get rid of the fire from the Wizards In Winter segment? The hell? That was the best part!

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
What does that mean? If the first one fails the whole system fails? Or just automatically shuts down?

I don't know the entire reasoning, it happens occasionally that there are no fire shows. Could be a glitch, a safety sensor was triggered, wind, or shut off by the crew for some reason.

VJ

Yes. It was recorded for Season of Light by Heather Headley, who sings Thankful and the finale as well. Hopefully the audio leaks soon!
The version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" featured in the show also has alternate lyrics from the released version (for obvious reasons).

VJ

I find the removal of "...say, what's in this drink?" to be pointless, honestly. I don't believe it was necessary.
I think the original lyrics would have been a bit too overt for a "family" show, especially set to images of Disney's hottest franchise (princesses). Not defending the decision, just providing a possible reason.

Californian Elitist

I think the original lyrics would have been a bit too overt for a "family" show, especially set to images of Disney's hottest franchise (princesses). Not defending the decision, just providing a possible reason.

I could see that if Disney didn't have previous material with what wouldn't be considered traditionally appropriate. But people lose their minds over the minutest things nowadays. The Golden Horseshoe Revue tribute comes to mind.

GiveMeTheMusic

The version of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" featured in the show also has alternate lyrics from the released version (for obvious reasons).
I find the removal of "...say, what's in this drink?" to be pointless, honestly. I don't believe it was necessary.

That version was ready to go actually - when the song was released last year (Michael Buble & Idina Menzel), they did a music video using kids. The lyrics were changed for that so that you didn't have kids lip syncing to "what's in this drink". So that was the version Disney pulled for Season of Light, which is fine.

Californian Elitist

That version was ready to go actually - when the song was released last year (Michael Buble & Idina Menzel), they did a music video using kids. The lyrics were changed for that so that you didn't have kids lip syncing to "what's in this drink". So that was the version Disney pulled for Season of Light, which is fine.

Makes sense now.

VJ

Didn't know that! Wow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom