working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning. On Thursday we drove down to ATL to see a game and spend the night. On the way down, I started feeling nauseous and shaky. I thought Dunkin' may have given me caffeine instead decaf coffee. And it could have been but I don't usually feel nauseous. It really scared me since it came on so suddenly. All I could think of that my bp had skyrocketed. We took a break at the rest area. Then, stopped and got a chicken sandwich, which I made myself eat. I felt a bit better. When we got to the room, I crawled into bed since the game was a night game. I got up and showered and felt better. I was good the rest of the trip. Yesterday, I got to feeling shaky and weak again with nausea. I am starting to wonder if I have the flu or a virus. My DH brought home a bad cold a couple of weeks ago. He still has a lingering cough. I got the cold but it went away. I feel good except for the waves of nausea and the tiredness. Anyone else had this recently?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. On Thursday we drove down to ATL to see a game and spend the night. On the way down, I started feeling nauseous and shaky. I thought Dunkin' may have given me caffeine instead decaf coffee. And it could have been but I don't usually feel nauseous. It really scared me since it came on so suddenly. All I could think of that my bp had skyrocketed. We took a break at the rest area. Then, stopped and got a chicken sandwich, which I made myself eat. I felt a bit better. When we got to the room, I crawled into bed since the game was a night game. I got up and showered and felt better. I was good the rest of the trip. Yesterday, I got to feeling shaky and weak again with nausea. I am starting to wonder if I have the flu or a virus. My DH brought home a bad cold a couple of weeks ago. He still has a lingering cough. I got the cold but it went away. I feel good except for the waves of nausea and the tiredness. Anyone else had this recently?
{{hugs}} something like that has been going through our grammar school. From what I've heard mostly dizzy and tummy, not serious but not fun either. I hope it was just the coffee. xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning yoga, walk and errands run. Just have to feed the dh and then I'm going to the pool.:joyfull: Tonight's dinner salad and left over veggie chili:joyfull:

epcotisbest

I know you are probably way tired of these, but the orange, double bloom opened today. I thought they were over with for this season, but apparently not.

orange hibiscus photo.jpg

Songbird76

What's crazy about my sinus issues (or maybe it's not) is I don't get congestion. My left cheek hurts and so do my upper teeth on that side. I also get painful pressure behind that eye. Every doctor I have seen has been like, "Yeah, that's not fun." Really? Tell me all about it. But they never do anything. It is so painful, I have gone to the dentist thinking I needed a root canal or something. He took an x-ray and told me my sinus was so swollen, it was pressing on the nerves of my teeth.

I do get some relief from things like Ibuprofen and I occasionally take a decongestant. But the decongestant is a last measure, because those make me feel so disconnected from everything. lol
Yeah, we don't have decongestants over here, so it's nasal spray or nothing, and the doctor told me years ago that I have to try nasal spray for a week before calling him because I was getting chronic ear infections and I would call when I started to feel one coming on. So if I feel that pain in my ears, I have to do nasal spray to see if that makes it go away. If it becomes an ear infection, he'll give me antibiotics, though not for a sinus infection. I'd rather use the nasal spray for a few days anyway, to be honest...if it becomes an infection it's MISERABLE. The spray is mildly unpleasant...I'll take that over excruciating any day.
How crazy is it that my doctor prescribes what yours warns you against?? So much of medicine appears subjective!

Songbird76

I'm going to ask you 2 questions.
1. How do you feel? as in do you have good energy and are pretty much at a state of good general health
2. What's your BMI? Not an exact science but is it below 19 seeing you work out most days and most likely are more muscular than average that may be something to think about. Healthy is 18.5 - 24.9 (I'm sure you know that)
If you like the answers to both questions tell anybody that's been rude in a polite manner of course to MTOB! BTW those answers are just just for your own use and do not feel any obligation to share
I agree. Why do people have to be rude about stuff like that? If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning just some ywa and walking so far. I'll walk to and from the pool and splash a bit when I get there:joyfull: Right now yoga seems to be serving me better than doing weights so the weights may be away for a while. I'm also finding with less sunlight I'm eating a smidge more carbs and less fat, that seems to be the pattern my body has liked the past couple of years. That being said what works for me may not work for you. Dinner tonight minestrone soup which is in the big crock pot sans beans, they'll get done in the pressure cooker when I get back

93boomer

Premium Member
{{hugs}} something like that has been going through our grammar school. From what I've heard mostly dizzy and tummy, not serious but not fun either. I hope it was just the coffee. xoxo
Thanks Figgy but it wasn't a bug. My bp was high again so this time he started me on a combo of two low dose bp meds. I am now officially "old". :arghh: I hope it helps and no side effects. He said it will take 3-4 days to kick in. I can't drive until my body adjusts so I am stuck at home.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks Figgy but it wasn't a bug. My bp was high again so this time he started me on a combo of two low dose bp meds. I am now officially "old". :arghh: I hope it helps and no side effects. He said it will take 3-4 days to kick in. I can't drive until my body adjusts so I am stuck at home.
{{HUGS}} prayers and pixie dust xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom