working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Good afternoon. Sorry I haven't been on for a bit. It has just been crazy around here. Anyways, we stayed outdoors all weekend since the weather was perfect. I love the warm days and cool nights. We got in all our walking that's for sure.
Tomorrow DH is off for our anniversary! I cannot believe we have been married 37 years. Where did time go?? Going to see a baseball game later in the week. We are definitely going to relax and enjoy this weather. And hopefully that next hurricane won't head this way.
Dinner is cauliflower tacos. Just prepped by parboiling the cauliflower.
Everyone have a happy day. :)
p.s. @figmentfan423 my DD and SIL just got home from her birthday trip. They were up your way. They went to Ohio, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Joisey! Willie Nelson had an Outlaw tour in Joisey plus her fav Avett Bros. They really liked Pittsburgh.

Happy anniversary to you and Mr. Boomer! I hope both have something lovely planned for today. :)

Sans Souci

Good morning seeing yesterday was almost a 20 hour one for me today's my zen day. Day 8 is yoga for relaxation and meditation, talk about perfect timing. I'll do it as soon as the boys leave and then I'm taking a nap. My dh has been warned DO NOT WAKE ME UP! or else:oops::angelic: I'll take a nice leisurely walk to the pool and relax there for a bit before coming home and making zoodles with an onion, mushroom, garlic, sun dried and fresh tomato sauce with a red wine finish:hungry:

Great plans. When does your pool close for the season? Back home, pools and public beaches close after Labor Day, even though there's still a lot of warm weather after that date. You could go to the beach, but there are no life guards on duty and I don't know who would want to go in Lake Michigan, outside of seals and polar bears. It never warms up! :coldfeet:

Sans Souci

I ended up doing a lighter workout yesterday. I followed it up with 2 sets/ 20 reps of hip thrusts with my barbell (20 lbs.). I am starting out light just make sure my form is correct.

Today is a "stretch and tone" day + a walk.

I'm making mushroom, spinach and goat cheese quesadillas tonight. :hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Great plans. When does your pool close for the season? Back home, pools and public beaches close after Labor Day, even though there's still a lot of warm weather after that date. You could go to the beach, but there are no life guards on duty and I don't know who would want to go in Lake Michigan, outside of seals and polar bears. It never warms up! :coldfeet:
Ours closes Labor Day at 8pm for the most part. It is open for 21+ weather permitting without lifeguards noon to 4 until October 1st.

Songbird76

I am reluctant to try those, because a doctor once told me you can develop a dependance on those. It's not a physical dependence, but you can get rebound congestion and that starts the cycle of "needing" the spray. He also said you will need more to get relief. :eek:
That's true, but I've found I can ween myself off of it after a few days...like...your sinuses get addicted to it while you are using it, so if you stop using it, you get really stuffy. But after a few hours of stuffiness, it goes away and you are back to breathing normally without it. So I use it for a few days, and then when I figure I don't need it anymore I stop it in the morning so by the time I go to bed, I'm done with it and don't need it anymore. But that's just me...and I'm certainly not a doctor. My husband won't use it either, but that's because he hates the spray.

epcotisbest

Have not posted any grilling pics in awhile, so thought I would share tonight's dinner. Marinaded, butterflied chicken , sausage stuffed, bacon-wrapped mushrooms, cream cheese and sausage stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapenos, peppers, onions and carrots in the drip pan, and some corn on the cob. Very tasty, but the marinade was a little spicy.

marinated chicken.jpg
veggies.jpg
marinated chicken2.jpg

Last edited:

Sans Souci

That's true, but I've found I can ween myself off of it after a few days...like...your sinuses get addicted to it while you are using it, so if you stop using it, you get really stuffy. But after a few hours of stuffiness, it goes away and you are back to breathing normally without it. So I use it for a few days, and then when I figure I don't need it anymore I stop it in the morning so by the time I go to bed, I'm done with it and don't need it anymore. But that's just me...and I'm certainly not a doctor. My husband won't use it either, but that's because he hates the spray.

What's crazy about my sinus issues (or maybe it's not) is I don't get congestion. My left cheek hurts and so do my upper teeth on that side. I also get painful pressure behind that eye. Every doctor I have seen has been like, "Yeah, that's not fun." Really? Tell me all about it. But they never do anything. It is so painful, I have gone to the dentist thinking I needed a root canal or something. He took an x-ray and told me my sinus was so swollen, it was pressing on the nerves of my teeth.

I do get some relief from things like Ibuprofen and I occasionally take a decongestant. But the decongestant is a last measure, because those make me feel so disconnected from everything. lol

epcotisbest

What's crazy about my sinus issues (or maybe it's not) is I don't get congestion. My left cheek hurts and so do my upper teeth on that side. I also get painful pressure behind that eye. Every doctor I have seen has been like, "Yeah, that's not fun." Really? Tell me all about it. But they never do anything. It is so painful, I have gone to the dentist thinking I needed a root canal or something. He took an x-ray and told me my sinus was so swollen, it was pressing on the nerves of my teeth.

I do get some relief from things like Ibuprofen and I occasionally take a decongestant. But the decongestant is a last measure, because those make me feel so disconnected from everything. lol

That sounds very frustrating. My brother's wife has similar issues, so I kinda know what you are going through, and it is not fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom