working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
What's crazy about my sinus issues (or maybe it's not) is I don't get congestion. My left cheek hurts and so do my upper teeth on that side. I also get painful pressure behind that eye. Every doctor I have seen has been like, "Yeah, that's not fun." Really? Tell me all about it. But they never do anything. It is so painful, I have gone to the dentist thinking I needed a root canal or something. He took an x-ray and told me my sinus was so swollen, it was pressing on the nerves of my teeth.

I do get some relief from things like Ibuprofen and I occasionally take a decongestant. But the decongestant is a last measure, because those make me feel so disconnected from everything. lol
{{HUGS}} my dh has been having some issues this year with allergies, the pollen is extremely bad this year:mad:

Sans Souci

Big football game:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: My younger ds is a band manager:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Haha. I thought maybe you were going to a concert or something.

I was in band in HS. I was in the drum line during marching season. I hated it so much. We spent the summer rehearsing our program. Then we'd sweat so much in those stupid uniforms at the beginning of the football season and we'd be freezing towards the end. It was miserable! I couldn't wait for "regular band" when we could just play music indoors with heat and no bone piercing wind.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Haha. I thought maybe you were going to a concert or something.

I was in band in HS. I was in the drum line during marching season. I hated it so much. We spent the summer rehearsing our program. Then we'd sweat so much in those stupid uniforms at the beginning of the football season and we'd be freezing towards the end. It was miserable! I couldn't wait for "regular band" when we could just play music indoors with heat and no bone piercing wind.
They let our kids rehearse in shorts and Ts in the summer and they get regular water breaks

Sans Souci

Hello-

I walked today and I did a glider workout. My flight is 6 AM Saturday morning. :jawdrop: It's not even non-stop. I have to go through Chicago first, then to Orlando. So I have been packing what I can and I'll just throw everything else in at the last minute.

I am thinking of bringing my gliders and my power bands. They are light. I am also going to try to walk the Castaway Cay 5K this year. I have lost 45 lbs since January and I'd like to keep it off on this cruise. :cautious:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I walked today and I did a glider workout. My flight is 6 AM Saturday morning. :jawdrop: It's not even non-stop. I have to go through Chicago first, then to Orlando. So I have been packing what I can and I'll just throw everything else in at the last minute.

I am thinking of bringing my gliders and my power bands. They are light. I am also going to try to walk the Castaway Cay 5K this year. I have lost 45 lbs since January and I'd like to keep it off on this cruise. :cautious:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sans Souci

Hello-

I went for a walk in this gorgeous weather today and I just finished a kettlebell workout. :hungover:

I am mostly packed. I just have to throw in things I am going to use in the morning. I hope I can catch a few winks sometime tomorrow. We are going to Narcoosee's and then an Illuminations cruise. I am thinking I need to get up 2:30-3 AM. :in pain: I want to stay awake tomorrow night! LOL

I made lemon curd macarons today and I think this batch is better than the last. I'm going to pack them in the morning. I am worried about the lemon curd warming up and running out of the shells. Hopefully, a night in the fridge will help the shells absorb some of the curd.

I have some last minute stuff to take care of tonight.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I made goal back in May, but I continued to lose more over the summer. I think I am going to put back on a few pounds, though. I've had some rude comments from people in my life.
I'm going to ask you 2 questions.
1. How do you feel? as in do you have good energy and are pretty much at a state of good general health
2. What's your BMI? Not an exact science but is it below 19 seeing you work out most days and most likely are more muscular than average that may be something to think about. Healthy is 18.5 - 24.9 (I'm sure you know that)
If you like the answers to both questions tell anybody that's been rude in a polite manner of course to MTOB! BTW those answers are just just for your own use and do not feel any obligation to share

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I'm going to ask you 2 questions.
1. How do you feel? as in do you have good energy and are pretty much at a state of good general health
2. What's your BMI? Not an exact science but is it below 19 seeing you work out most days and most likely are more muscular than average that may be something to think about. Healthy is 18.5 - 24.9 (I'm sure you know that)
If you like the answers to both questions tell anybody that's been rude in a polite manner of course to MTOB! BTW those answers are just just for your own use and do not feel any obligation to share
Didn't Hulk Hogan fail the BMI? I like my extra insulation... it keeps me warm in the winter.

epcotisbest

I have mentioned before (and posted photos of) the several hibiscus plants we have in containers that we move to the basement each winter. This year they are looking kinda sickly, not many blooms, etc...
One of them has not bloomed all season. We had about decided to not even bring it in when the time comes in a few weeks. Not one single bloom out of this one and surprise, a single bloom today. It is a sorta tropical color with yellow, orange, red and pink. So, I suppose we will bring this one inside with the others and see if they survive another winter in the basement.

yellow hibiscus.jpg

epcotisbest

Had another tree fall yesterday. It was already on the way down, from the storm, and it decided to go ahead and fall. Luckily, my chainsaw has a new chain and clearing the tree out of the way was easy.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning this is the last week of my dh on nights, YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more burning the candle at both ends. Things were so crazy this week I wound up doing the same YWA 2 days in a row:confused::banghead:. Tonight's dinner chicken lo mein and veggie tempura for the guys(I'll have some of the tempura) and salad with carrot, orange ginger dressing for all:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: I hope everybody is having a great weekend:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom