working out for Disney

Songbird76

Hello-

I have been keeping up with my workouts. I did take a break today. My sinuses went crazy with the weather.

We closed on our Illinois house last Friday. So I've been busy with that. I am relieved to have the mill stone around my neck removed. That was gobbling up so much money every month.

So, I try to make macarons every now and again, just to keep in practice. And I made some a couple of weeks ago. They cracked during baking. :( I think this is because I put sparkling, coarse sugar on top. Because that was the new variable. I call them "mermaid-inspired" macarons.

View attachment 222096
Beautiful!! What flavor are they? I've never made macarons. Are they difficult?
Yay for the house closing! What a relief!

Songbird76

Well, I did really well on Thursday...16,000 steps. Friday, I only had 11,000 because work was REALLY slow and I didn't have to walk at all...I was unpacking returns all night. Yesterday I had a grand total of 132 steps because I had a violent stomach bug and didn't venture far from my bed. I mostly slept. I'm still feeling a bit rough today...I got pretty dehydrated yesterday so I have a headache today and my stomach is still rumbly. We had planned to go to Wunderland Kalkar with the kids today, so I would have gotten my steps in, but I'm just not up to it. But I'm also not ingesting many calories, so I don't think the lack of steps will be too detrimental. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. I've got work tomorrow and Mondays are always the busiest day, so I should get to walk a bit.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, I did really well on Thursday...16,000 steps. Friday, I only had 11,000 because work was REALLY slow and I didn't have to walk at all...I was unpacking returns all night. Yesterday I had a grand total of 132 steps because I had a violent stomach bug and didn't venture far from my bed. I mostly slept. I'm still feeling a bit rough today...I got pretty dehydrated yesterday so I have a headache today and my stomach is still rumbly. We had planned to go to Wunderland Kalkar with the kids today, so I would have gotten my steps in, but I'm just not up to it. But I'm also not ingesting many calories, so I don't think the lack of steps will be too detrimental. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. I've got work tomorrow and Mondays are always the busiest day, so I should get to walk a bit.
{{HUGS}} don't worry about your steps just work on getting better xoxo

Sans Souci

Beautiful!! What flavor are they? I've never made macarons. Are they difficult?
Yay for the house closing! What a relief!

The shell is made with egg white, sugar and almond flour and the filling is buttercream that I flavored with vanilla, coconut and almond. I usually fill them with homemade lemon curd, but I wanted to experiment. I think I like the lemon curd better. The process isn't hard, they just seem fickle. This is just me, but I seem to get better results in cooler, drier weather than warm and humid weather. They always taste good, even with cracks and flaws.

Sans Souci

Ick. I hope you're feeling better in short order. Be gentle with yourself. I was beating myself up yesterday, too, because of low steps. I had a sinus headache and nausea. I always remind myself that getting sick is a part of life and there are going to be days of low step counts.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Happy blueberry picking day. Just some sun salutations today before I get to enjoy the great outdoors:joyfull: Tonight's dinner salad with blueberry vinegarette:hungry:

When I was kid, the family would sometimes visit my aunt and uncle, who had a cabin way up in the woods of Maine. There were wild blueberries growing all over there, and we'd go out with buckets and pick them. (Luckily we didn't run into any bears!). Then, my aunt would make blueberry pie for us! :hungry:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am in with a DVD I haven't done in 5 years. It was 56 minutes and I feel like I just don't have the patience for drill-based hour long work outs anymore. Walks, yes. Yoga, yes. But doing the same drills over and over again irritates me. Enough with the 1001 burpees already. :cautious:

I can't believe it's August already. I don't want to think about what comes next. :'(

Songbird76

Ick. I hope you're feeling better in short order. Be gentle with yourself. I was beating myself up yesterday, too, because of low steps. I had a sinus headache and nausea. I always remind myself that getting sick is a part of life and there are going to be days of low step counts.
I feel sooo much better today. I feel really bad that we had to cancel Kalkar, especially since we were taking one of DD's friends with us, and my BIL and Nephew were coming, but I still felt pretty yucky, especially when I was standing up. Walking through an amusement park all day wouldn't have been a good idea. My muscles are still sore, but I just had some yogurt with oats and I feel fine, so I think the bug is gone! Now to hope none of the family get it!! The steps just bother me because I was doing so well and had just started and I was really looking forward to seeing how much I would do in the park. Oh well...it will just be later, I guess.

Songbird76

When I was kid, the family would sometimes visit my aunt and uncle, who had a cabin way up in the woods of Maine. There were wild blueberries growing all over there, and we'd go out with buckets and pick them. (Luckily we didn't run into any bears!). Then, my aunt would make blueberry pie for us! :hungry:
Wow that brings back memories....just last week, my grocery store had blueberries on sale BOGO and I went there and picked 2 buckets and made blueberry muffins and blueberry pie! I didn't run into any bears either. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I am in with a DVD I haven't done in 5 years. It was 56 minutes and I feel like I just don't have the patience for drill-based hour long work outs anymore. Walks, yes. Yoga, yes. But doing the same drills over and over again irritates me. Enough with the 1001 burpees already. :cautious:

I can't believe it's August already. I don't want to think about what comes next. :'(
I'm sorry I can't like the burpees or the fact that it's already August:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow that brings back memories....just last week, my grocery store had blueberries on sale BOGO and I went there and picked 2 buckets and made blueberry muffins and blueberry pie! I didn't run into any bears either. ;)
I ran into a bear down the street from me on our way out, sorry no pick it scampered into the woods too quickly:(.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Late yesterday I went outside and when a strong breeze went by I wound up covered by a light yellow film:hungover: Long story short it was pollen and even though I showered quickly it was still a night of achoo and mucus:hungover: In all likelyhood I won't get a workout in because it's not safe to do so on 3 hours sleep while waiting for the allergy pill to kick in. First up kick people out for the day and then sleep and cooking when I get up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom