working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Well, I did really well on Thursday...16,000 steps. Friday, I only had 11,000 because work was REALLY slow and I didn't have to walk at all...I was unpacking returns all night. Yesterday I had a grand total of 132 steps because I had a violent stomach bug and didn't venture far from my bed. I mostly slept. I'm still feeling a bit rough today...I got pretty dehydrated yesterday so I have a headache today and my stomach is still rumbly. We had planned to go to Wunderland Kalkar with the kids today, so I would have gotten my steps in, but I'm just not up to it. But I'm also not ingesting many calories, so I don't think the lack of steps will be too detrimental. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow. I've got work tomorrow and Mondays are always the busiest day, so I should get to walk a bit.
Don't worry about your steps when you are sick. Just get well.
Your 'cracker ' is mostly to remind you to get up and move during the day. You will make it up later after you feel better.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

I have been keeping up with my workouts. I did take a break today. My sinuses went crazy with the weather.

We closed on our Illinois house last Friday. So I've been busy with that. I am relieved to have the mill stone around my neck removed. That was gobbling up so much money every month.

So, I try to make macarons every now and again, just to keep in practice. And I made some a couple of weeks ago. They cracked during baking. :( I think this is because I put sparkling, coarse sugar on top. Because that was the new variable. I call them "mermaid-inspired" macarons.

View attachment 222096
Wow they look awesome! Good job! Now mail me some :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Yesterday I found yoga with Tim on youtube so I did day one of his version of 30 days of yoga. He's not bubbly like Adrienne or as soothing as Shiva Rea but pleasant enough and he mentions the muscles you're working and where exactly you should feel the moves:joyfull: This morning was day 2 and some Leslie Sansone later to counteract the sitting I'll be doing while sewing. It's going to be cloudy, cool and a bit breezy so staying inside might just be the safest thing I can do:( I'm only going to duck out to pick my lunch.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I didn't work out yesterday. I think I ate something that didn't agree with me Sunday, because I got ill out of nowhere in the evening. I felt better yesterday, but not 100%. I am hoping to get out for a walk between the showers and storms. I'm going to do a quick kettlebell work out later on. :)

Sans Souci

Whoa . . . best that you didn't get a picture. You always want them to retreat and be wary of people.

I read an article the other day about how a series of bear attacks changed the way park rangers manage campers and bears in national parks. In the late 60s, two people were killed and one seriously injured in a single weekend. It was a popular place to camp and the incinerator was too small to keep up with camper's trash, so people would toss their garbage into a ravine. Bears discovered the trash and developed a taste for human food, so they would venture closer to humans to get food. The park rangers instituted a pack in/pack out rule when camping and advised campers to hang their food in trees, instead of their tents. They also close off certain trails when they know there is bear activity, not just for safety's sake, but so bears don't become accustomed to humans. Like you said, you don't want them becoming comfortable around us.

EDIT: Here is the article if anyone is interested.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning!! A foggy start here but it is very muggy already! Yesterday I was just a sticky mess all day. Ugh!
Today is just a 'Let's see what I can do' day. I always find something to do even without a to-do list.
Walking, hopefully outside, if we don't get more rain today. Yoga this afternoon. Dinner is mussels and a salad.

Songbird76

Good morning!! A foggy start here but it is very muggy already! Yesterday I was just a sticky mess all day. Ugh!
Today is just a 'Let's see what I can do' day. I always find something to do even without a to-do list.
Walking, hopefully outside, if we don't get more rain today. Yoga this afternoon. Dinner is mussels and a salad.
It was soooo muggy here yesterday, too! I could just feel the skies were going to open up at some point. It reminded me of our first AK day last Summer when it was so muggy and we went on Kali River Rapids in the late morning and we were so happy to get soaked. Then in the afternoon, it completely dumped on us and they closed all outdoor stuff due to lightning. I went outside yesterday to throw something into the bin and immediately thought of that storm. Sure enough, around 4 p.m. the downpour started. And work was miserable, and I was sitting almost the whole time!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning yoga with Tim day3( and I like that it's a bit more challenging than 30 days of yoga) I'll be out for a nice long walk today and some pool time. It will be so nice to be able to get back outside after hiding from pollen and rain.:joyfull: I'm going to pop a bunch of veggies and some lentils in the pressure cooker for dinner for a curry style soup. Now I just have to figure out what exactly is going in the pot:hilarious:

Sans Souci

Helllo-

I'm waiting for the fog to burn off to go for a walk. I tweaked my back yesterday doing kettlebell swings. :(. I am surprised, because I keep my spine straight and I brace my core. I can walk around, but bending over is uncomfortable. I've been putting heat on it and moving around. I am probably going to skip my hiit workout in favor of some yoga & stretching.

Sans Souci

Good morning yoga with Tim day3( and I like that it's a bit more challenging than 30 days of yoga) I'll be out for a nice long walk today and some pool time. It will be so nice to be able to get back outside after hiding from pollen and rain.:joyfull: I'm going to pop a bunch of veggies and some lentils in the pressure cooker for dinner for a curry style soup. Now I just have to figure out what exactly is going in the pot:hilarious:

Sounds delicious. I never got out for my walk yesterday. It was just rain/drizzle on and off. Today looks much better. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
It was soooo muggy here yesterday, too! I could just feel the skies were going to open up at some point. It reminded me of our first AK day last Summer when it was so muggy and we went on Kali River Rapids in the late morning and we were so happy to get soaked. Then in the afternoon, it completely dumped on us and they closed all outdoor stuff due to lightning. I went outside yesterday to throw something into the bin and immediately thought of that storm. Sure enough, around 4 p.m. the downpour started. And work was miserable, and I was sitting almost the whole time!
It's like, "why bother with a shower today, I am soaked anyway" kinda day. Today it is up to 89 already and muggy here.

93boomer

Premium Member
Helllo-

I'm waiting for the fog to burn off to go for a walk. I tweaked my back yesterday doing kettlebell swings. :(. I am surprised, because I keep my spine straight and I brace my core. I can walk around, but bending over is uncomfortable. I've been putting heat on it and moving around. I am probably going to skip my hiit workout in favor of some yoga & stretching.
I would too. Hope it feels better soon!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 223096 Good afternoon! I have been busy today with errands and such. Dinner is in the slow cooker-pulled chicken for sandwiches. Just baked some oatmeal raisin cookies too but it got the kitchen hot so in with the ac!

Those look scrumptious! (All you need is a glass of milk.) :hungry:

I made beef stew in the crockpot over the weekend. We're having some heated up leftovers tonight, since I'm home on vacation. It's fun to have dinner at a normal time for a change, like most people! :p

Sans Souci

View attachment 223096 Good afternoon! I have been busy today with errands and such. Dinner is in the slow cooker-pulled chicken for sandwiches. Just baked some oatmeal raisin cookies too but it got the kitchen hot so in with the ac!

Looks delicious. It's been a long time since I've had oatmeal raisin cookies. I might have to make some this weekend. I have an itch for baking. :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom